• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

AC:NL 3DS XL Bundle... GENDER POLL

What gender are you? (IF YOU ARE GETTING THE BUNDLE!)

• Male

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • Female

Votes: 32 26.0%
  • I'm not getting the bundle.

Votes: 64 52.0%

• Total voters

CHR:)S

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Classic Easter Egg
I would like to know the genders of people purchasing the AC:3DS XL.

People have been saying it is feminine, but I typically don't care what people think, but I am just curious. I like the design and that's all that matters.

So vote in the poll ya

PS... Are the people who are going around everywhere shouting "The bundle XL is ugly and lame1!1!!" trying to be buzz-kills on purpose or just can't afford it/jeeealous? Lol. You'd have to be a very weak-minded person to change your mind about purchasing the console or not based on someone's opinion, so it really isn't necessary to go around all over creation telling everyone why you hate it so much.

PS... Are the people who are going around everywhere shouting "The bundle XL is ugly and lame1!1!!" trying to be buzz-kills on purpose or just can't afford it/jeeealous? Lol. You'd have to be a very weak-minded person to change your mind about purchasing the console or not based on someone's opinion, so it really isn't necessary to go around all over creation telling everyone why you hate it so much.

I wondered this too. I hated the design at first, but I preordered yesterday as it grew on me (YAY!). I can see why people think it looks more feminine, but bear in mind that plenty of guys have white phones, mp3 players, tablets etc etc I could go on...

I'm female and have voted lol

Im a guy and I don't think the design is feminine, but anyway...

Im going to go out on a limb here (because that's just me) I have no shame in liking things being 'feminine' because I see no shame in being female. I don't really care what gender or sex they say something is or is popular with, if I like it then I like it, its that simple.
It really makes life a lot easier when you put your own opinion first before others, and there is NOTHING wrong with liking something that is feminine (if you are a guy), just like there is nothing wrong with not liking it because you think it is feminine.
Make your choice based on what you WANT and not on what you think is going to be seen as right for you because then what others think wont change how happy you are with something and it will bring you more joy. After all, it is really just a 3DS xl, and it doesn't have a gender. it is just a thing.

as for the P.S.
I wonder if they are upset because they want it but for some reason feel they can't have it? don't know but it is a downer to see that stuff.

I say it's ugly because I bought a 3ds online about a day before the bundle was announced ohoho don't take it personally I'm just trying to make myself feel better. But I still wouldn't agree with people getting it when they already have a 3ds XL.

I totally would be getting it... if I hadnt gotten my white xl about 2 months beforehand.... ;-;

Oops, I voted before I realised this was only for bundle buyers. I'm not buying the bundle because I just got the Fire Emblem bundle. I would also not buy it because I think the design is ugly - but the fact that I'm a guy had no impact on that. I wouldn't be embarrassed to be seen with it, I just honestly think the design is garish. Like someone ate a load of skittles and threw up all over a 3DS.

At first I liked it, and actually wanted it really really bad, but as I kept waiting, I realized that I only wanted it for the digital copy. I simply adore my Pikachu XL and Pink/White XL to pieces and am content with both of them. Honestly, the only thing I even want from the bundle is the box, because I like the way the box looks like. Other than that, I'm not interested in it at all anymore.

I don't care for the design at all. I already have a 3ds xl and a regular 3ds. IF a 3ds xl was released that I *loved*, I would totally buy it. This is not it for me. I don't consider the design to be too feminine though.

I do think they could have done much better, because I think it is ugly. However, I'm not being a buzz kill, its just my opinion of it. I mean, why would anyone not buy something they want because some stranger on a forum doesn't like the look?

Any pew, I would have enjoyed some better colors and icons. white with a limited pattern with a few colors makes it seem like it was made in a rush. I'll stick to my XL. Also, I want a physical copy anyway :3

I like it enough to have pre ordered it, however I think a grass pattern would have been awesome, but it's cute enough for me to be super excited to get it :) I am soooo glad I waited to get an XL!

I love the design, I would have ordered it if I didn't already have the equally amazing Pikachu 3DS XL. I don't think it's really gender specific at all.

People have been saying it is feminine

Oh no! "Feminine" you say?

It's annoying how we still toss that word around as if it is an insult to something.

No, the reason I don't like this 3DS XL is because it's flat out tacky. The 3DS XL is really quite tacky to begin with. I love the original 3DS and how it's got that sparkly pattern. I'd love to have gotten the pink 3DS, but even so I don't need more than one 3DS. I do not understand this need for more than one 3DS. They all play the same games.

And no I'm not jealous of those getting the system. But it's always fun to rationalize those who do not like what you like as just being jealous, isn't it? Just can't believe that others have different opinions, I suppose.

Oh no! "Feminine" you say?

It's annoying how we still toss that word around as if it is an insult to something.

No, the reason I don't like this 3DS XL is because it's flat out tacky. The 3DS XL is really quite tacky to begin with. I love the original 3DS and how it's got that sparkly pattern. I'd love to have gotten the pink 3DS, but even so I don't need more than one 3DS. I do not understand this need for more than one 3DS. They all play the same games.

And no I'm not jealous of those getting the system. But it's always fun to rationalize those who do not like what you like as just being jealous, isn't it? Just can't believe that others have different opinions, I suppose.

I am giving you an internet high five right now.

i really dislike the design and color of it, so i won't be getting it. i don't really see how it's feminine though.
i'm happy for those who really wanted it.

I'm getting it. It reminds me of my LV bag. They're both similar in design to each other, so I'll match. ;b

I'm a manly man who plans on buying this pretty little thing and using it in public.

I find it a tad ridiculous that something like this has to be labelled as feminine. It's 2013, you can like a pattern or colour and have it have nothing to do with your gender.

Back