• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

AC:NL 3DS XL Bundle... GENDER POLL

What gender are you? (IF YOU ARE GETTING THE BUNDLE!)

• Male

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • Female

Votes: 32 26.0%
  • I'm not getting the bundle.

Votes: 64 52.0%

• Total voters
Tacky? Really? I think this is the sleekest and most tasteful bundle I've seen yet. The pattern is clean and simple, the colours go perfectly together, and it doesn't stand out from a mile away. Personally while I think the novelty of the Pikachu 3DSXL was cute, I thought it was a bit garish, I'd never actually use it in public. And the FE bundle... idk just didn't impress me.

I already bought the Pikachu one. Even if I hadn't, I wouldn't get this one because I don't like white systems and I think the design looks like somebody stuck stickers all over it.

Did I say feminine was an insult? Don't put words into my mouth.

I'm not putting words in your mouth. I never stated that you said that feminine was an insult. It was heavily implied that whoever you were mentioning was doing that, and that's what I responded about.

And why are you taking this so harshly? Did I put somewhere on the OP: "This is meant towards Envy"? No.

However, seeing as I have posted a couple of times that I found the design to be very tacky, I knew that you were potentially referring to me. Your post never referred to those who are being obnoxious and telling others who want it to not get it.

There are plenty of people, especially among fanbases like this (another example: The Sims) who are allergic to negative opinions altogether, and even if a member isn't obnoxious and merely states that they do not care for the product around a few relevent topics, they instantaneously get picked on for it. I've seen it enough times to know that sometimes members overreact.

Is the bundle was at least white/black (black on the inside) I would buy it.

I didn't say it was ignorant. I guess I don't see why this pattern has to be feminine. It's pretty neutral to me....

I totally agree with Bea. I don't see how the design could be any more unisex.

And it's kind of interesting to see the word "feminine" thrown around with underlying negative connotations... As Envy said before me, "It's annoying how we still toss that word around as if it is an insult to something."

Let me clear this up, cause I think I should have elaborated. I said it wasn't ignorance because you said that it is ridiculous for someone not to like something that is feminine, or to label the design feminine. I was just trying to say that the design IS pretty feminine.

The reason I see it that way is that it uses bright colors in a dot pattern, much like polka dots or those high end purses. There aren't many masculine designs that come in this kind of pattern.

I don't see it as unisex at all. I mean, I don't think only women should buy it, but the design is more feminine.

However, just because its girly doesn't mean there is something wrong with guys liking it.

I said ignorance because you said Its 2013, and I took that as a get with the times, as we have grown into a more tolerant and open people.

Any who, I'm sorry if I misconstrued your meaning.

TLDR: It looks girly, and that's alright.

I don't think it's unisex. It's way to feminine. White with tiny shapes?

Here ary some good designs for the 3DS XL

3587669447_9b6ed72754_z.jpg

grass_wallpaper.png

Night.jpg

Attachments

• 3587669447_9b6ed72754_z.jpg
    3587669447_9b6ed72754_z.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 1,530
TLDR: It looks girly, and that's alright.

And I really think that in this day and age this type of thinking is so out of place and it really does isolate a boy who may like the design. Nobody should need to feel bad about something because users here are still calling what is really a very neutral design "girly". I know that's not your intention, but it does make people feel self-conscious and it's unnecessary.

I don't see how white is for girls and black is for boys. Like... really guys.

I don't think it looks girly. I bet if it was black no one would say it was. -.-''

And I really think that in this day and age this type of thinking is so out of place and it really does isolate a boy who may like the design. Nobody should need to feel bad about something because users here are still calling what is really a very neutral design "girly". I know that's not your intention, but it does make people feel self-conscious and it's unnecessary.

I don't see how white is for girls and black is for boys. Like... really guys.

You are saying that a boy liking something girly is bad.

I'm saying that just because it looks girly, it doesn't just make it for girls.

No matter what, there will be masculine and feminine items and designs in the world. What you like is personal choice and that's that.

And you are somewhat contradicting yourself. You see, I am saying that the console looks girly to me, but it shouldn't stop anyone who wants it to buy it.

You said I shouldn't call it girly so boys won't feel bad about wanting it. You are saying in a round about way that boys should feel bad for wanting something that looks girly.

I don't care who buys it. I just don't want it because it looks ugly. The fact that it is a feminine design has nothing to do with it.

In relation, TAPOUT brand merchandise is very masculine, and I think they are super ugly. Will that make a girl feel bad about wearing it? I don't think so.

Buy what you want people, masculine or feminine!

I can't believe people are going so over the top about this. It's a bundle. Get it if you want. Don't if you don't. Now stop arguing.

I can't believe people are going so over the top about this. It's a bundle. Get it if you want. Don't if you don't. Now stop arguing.

I don't think there are ill tempers enough for this to be an argument. It's just a discussion. All is well :3

I don't see the the bundle as feminine. It's simple white with a pattern on it. Forget about gender roles and stuff like that anyway, just focus on the things that you like.

Back