• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

AC:NL 3DS XL Bundle... GENDER POLL

What gender are you? (IF YOU ARE GETTING THE BUNDLE!)

• Male

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • Female

Votes: 32 26.0%
  • I'm not getting the bundle.

Votes: 64 52.0%

• Total voters
I find it a tad ridiculous that something like this has to be labelled as feminine. It's 2013, you can like a pattern or colour and have it have nothing to do with your gender.

Things can still be feminine. It isn't a matter of ignorance, its a matter of curves and style.

I'm a girl, and I like the design, but I'm not getting it.

For one, I don't like XL's very much, because they are bulky. My regular 3DS is perfectly fine.

I'll probably only get this bundle if the Fire Emblem 3DS is out of stock by the time I can afford either one of them. Sure, I would definitely prefer a white 3DS to any other colour, but I just feel as though it could be so much better. It's nice, but there honestly should've been more to it.

And whether it looks feminine or not really doesn't matter to me. I don't think it looks feminine, I just think it looks a little too plain.

Things can still be feminine. It isn't a matter of ignorance, its a matter of curves and style.

I didn't say it was ignorant. I guess I don't see why this pattern has to be feminine. It's pretty neutral to me....

I didn't say it was ignorant. I guess I don't see why this pattern has to be feminine. It's pretty neutral to me....

I totally agree with Bea. I don't see how the design could be any more unisex.

And it's kind of interesting to see the word "feminine" thrown around with underlying negative connotations... As Envy said before me, "It's annoying how we still toss that word around as if it is an insult to something."

I agree, it is a bit annoying. I'm getting the 3DS XL bundle, and I think it is a very neutral design. Can't get any more neutral, really.

Can someone take the "I'm not getting the bundle option" off the poll? It's killing my buzz. xD But I've been waiting for this for years and I don't think the pattern is masculine or feminine. It's very neutral. I know a large majority don't like it but I love it and can't wait. (COME ON BOYS, STEP IT UP!!! WE'RE DOWN BY 2 :p)

Can someone take the "I'm not getting the bundle option" off the poll? It's killing my buzz. xD

No. D: That's the option I chose.

No fair to push those of us who don't want the system out of the poll! Gotta be fair to everyone!

yeah, I think it's a bit of a ridiculous double standard that girls can like things that look ''masculine'' but when a boy like something that looks ''feminine'', they're looked down on. The design isn't even feminine.

I'm a girl, and I personally don't like the design or the color white, so I won't be getting it.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah all uh you quit nit-picking.
I'm glad you started this poll.
And I'm happy to see the people who are getting the system, seem to be half and half of each.
Boys and men just think about it this way. Kohei got this system.
Dundunduuun.

Oh no! "Feminine" you say?

It's annoying how we still toss that word around as if it is an insult to something.

No, the reason I don't like this 3DS XL is because it's flat out tacky. The 3DS XL is really quite tacky to begin with. I love the original 3DS and how it's got that sparkly pattern. I'd love to have gotten the pink 3DS, but even so I don't need more than one 3DS. I do not understand this need for more than one 3DS. They all play the same games.

And no I'm not jealous of those getting the system. But it's always fun to rationalize those who do not like what you like as just being jealous, isn't it? Just can't believe that others have different opinions, I suppose.
Did I say feminine was an insult? Don't put words into my mouth. All I said was because someone said it was feminine, I wanted to see the amount of women to men purchasing the bundle on this website, thus why I made the poll.

And why are you taking this so harshly? Did I put somewhere on the OP: "This is meant towards Envy"? No. I did not make this in spite of your opinion. In fact, I like the regular 3DS as well. Don't know what you telling me about your like towards a regular 3DS had to do with much, but I will comply and give my opinion towards it as well.

This was meant to people whom of which I'm not going to name names, but a couple people who have been bashing on it in multiple threads some of which not even too relevant towards the topic in which the thread was set in. I don't understand what their motif is. Like, they quote people who say they like it, and go, "Ew, don't get it, it's ugly".

But I wasn't addressing it to people who simply disliked it. People disliking it really isn't a problem for me. I couldn't care less if I was the only person in the entire world who wanted to buy it.

If it was simply green instead of white, I'd have got it. I just don't like white for my handhelds. I think a regular 3DS XL with green instead of the normal blue/red with the leaf symbol on it would've been very nice and clean. I would have bought it in an instant.

While Im not going to the extent Envy did, though I do agree. I'm confused as to how this is "feminine" I mean come on people. There are ADULT MEN on this site lurking that enjoy My Little Pony, but goodness forbid you like a white console that consists of red, green and yellow, lest you are a feminine man. I don't find it feminine, hell, if my fianc? were to get this he would parade it around. And my father in law plays my pink and white XL occasionally when we visit. If anything, seeing a giant 200lb muscle man playing a light pink 3ds is more feminine than this XL

XD

I like it enough to have pre ordered it, however I think a grass pattern would have been awesome, but it's cute enough for me to be super excited to get it :) I am soooo glad I waited to get an XL!

Oh yeh! I thought a grass pattern would have been better too, or main characters scattered about in a pattern over the fruit or something.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah all uh you quit nit-picking.
I'm glad you started this poll.
And I'm happy to see the people who are getting the system, seem to be half and half of each.
Boys and men just think about it this way. Kohei got this system.
Dundunduuun.

kohei is my hero! <3

I don't own a 3DS yet because I was waiting specifically for Animal Crossing. I am a male, and have already pre-ordered this system. I personally like it. Admittedly I thought it was kind of strange at first, but after seeing some unboxing videos I've grown to like it. My PC and Vita are also white so I thought I would keep going with this pattern.

While Im not going to the extent Envy did, though I do agree. I'm confused as to how this is "feminine" I mean come on people. There are ADULT MEN on this site lurking that enjoy My Little Pony, but goodness forbid you like a white console that consists of red, green and yellow, lest you are a feminine man. I don't find it feminine, hell, if my fianc? were to get this he would parade it around. And my father in law plays my pink and white XL occasionally when we visit. If anything, seeing a giant 200lb muscle man playing a light pink 3ds is more feminine than this XL

XD

Hahah this image is great. Nothing says "I am secure in myself" more than this image right now. That's great, I'm high fiving him right now...

Back