• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

AC:NL Information Thread (beware of spoilers!)

yesterday I ordered a Japanese 3DS online and then like 10 minutes after I placed my order I felt really bad and selfish for ordering one lol (don't get me started I feel regret really easy) and I felt so bad that I actually had the power to import a Japanese 3DS where some people don't even have access to a 3DS and I felt really really bad for ordering one so then emailed the company asn asked if they could cancel my order and give me a refund. Thankfully I did and now I feel so much better and am considering donating some money to charity to help myself feel better

But like, you have no idea, in that short 24 hours I have the 3DS ordered, I felt so selfish and I was so mad at myself. But now my order has been cancelled I am so happy

fun story of the day

But then, you could've provided details that we didn't found out yet. That isn't selfish. And also, the fact that there are Japanese exclusive items in this game that you could distribute to others who don't own the Japanese version of it can be considered as generosity. :p

I felt the same way you did when I ordered my Japanese 3DS (and also while waiting for my system to arrive), but it's less significant than you did. I didn't changed my mind, received the system, and played on it for a while longer. I don't have any regret now, since I could purchase games that weren't released in North America. Give it some time to deal with the regrets and fears, and you'll find out it's not bad at all.

Stop it you guys. :( You're really tempting me.
sry but i cancelled so all is good.

But then, you could've provided details that we didn't found out yet. That isn't selfish. And also, the fact that there are Japanese exclusive items in this game that you could distribute to others who don't own the Japanese version of it can be considered as generosity. :p

I felt the same way you did when I ordered my Japanese 3DS (and also while waiting for my system to arrive), but it's less significant than you did. I didn't changed my mind, received the system, and played on it for a while longer. I don't have any regret now, since I could purchase games that weren't released in North America. Give it some time to deal with the regrets and fears, and you'll find out it's not bad at all.
Yeah I considered this this morning when I woke up (as my order was still present they only cancelled it like 20 minutes ago). 'cause I was like 'I could set my english to beautiful town, and jap to rich town, just keep the jap game's gate open so people on tbt can come sell their items for more bells, or turnips (if prices were high) and i could do the same, too. And I considered the items thing. But then I still felt really bad and I was just like 'I'm so selfish for doing this' so I asked if they could cancel my order (as it hd not yet been shipped) and I felt so much better once they cancelled it.

But yeah, I could have found stuff out - I speak moderate Japanese, I can read words but not sentences if that makes sense? - but.. I can't explain it, I just felt so bad and selfish and horrible for buying one.

Got my first portrait today. Brittany moved out and I had been good friends with her in her goodbye letter she sent me her portrait!

HNI_0003.JPG

It mentions her birthday and her motto is something about shopping. Snooty type... go figure.

You can also see the fake painting of the famous Japanese print. The mount fuji is much larger than the original.

I also found a new option for delivering parcels (not sure if this was in CF) but Anchovy refuse my present from Peewee, I then had a choice of opening it or leaving it. I left it and returned to Peewee who said I could keep it.

I'm not sure if that option was in CF, I never saw it. Any gift was always accepted by whatever neighbor, but they might love it, or hate it...they still took it. Then, the original animal would ask how they liked it, and your reward might have been based on that. Nobody ever refused a gift though, that seems new.

yesterday I ordered a Japanese 3DS online and then like 10 minutes after I placed my order I felt really bad and selfish for ordering one lol (don't get me started I feel regret really easy) and I felt so bad that I actually had the power to import a Japanese 3DS where some people don't even have access to a 3DS and I felt really really bad for ordering one so then emailed the company asn asked if they could cancel my order and give me a refund. Thankfully I did and now I feel so much better and am considering donating some money to charity to help myself feel better
But like, you have no idea, in that short 24 hours I have the 3DS ordered, I felt so selfish and I was so mad at myself. But now my order has been cancelled I am so happy

fun story of the day

That's how I felt when I went on a Japanese website. I was like, "I don't understand any Japanese so the game will be no fun".

I'm not sure if that option was in CF, I never saw it. Any gift was always accepted by whatever neighbor, but they might love it, or hate it...they still took it. Then, the original animal would ask how they liked it, and your reward might have been based on that. Nobody ever refused a gift though, that seems new.
That's what I thought, this was the first time I've seen a delivery refused. Poor Peewee was shocked but he shrugged it off being the cranky guy that he was.

HNI_0007.JPG

Some animals have a game when you deliver a present and ask you to guess what's inside. I always go with "shirt" and I'm usually right, I then get the item.

The typewriter does have an animation as well as the click, click, click, BING! The roll moves along and then resets as if you've written a line.

Last edited:
'cause I was like 'I could set my english to beautiful town, and jap to rich town, just keep the jap game's gate open so people on tbt can come sell their items for more bells, or turnips (if prices were high) and i could do the same, too. And I considered the items thing. But then I still felt really bad and I was just like 'I'm so selfish for doing this' so I asked if they could cancel my order (as it hd not yet been shipped) and I felt so much better once they cancelled it.

But yeah, I could have found stuff out - I speak moderate Japanese, I can read words but not sentences if that makes sense? - but.. I can't explain it, I just felt so bad and selfish and horrible for buying one.

That was the same thing I am doing! Anyways, I will buy other games besides AC on my JP 3DS at some point.

Looks like Winter will be rather short in this game
what.JPG
Also apparently this came from the bell tree forums tumblr so sorry if some of you already knew.

It happens a month earlier than usual! But it'll probably still end at the same time.

So basically seeing the trees coming back to green serves as a transition between seasons so it isn't so abrupt, in this case still being able to build snowmen even though the trees are green.

Back