• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

AC:NL Information Thread (beware of spoilers!)

Just had a 2 hour debate with myself on whether or not I should import a Japanese 3DS game and download the game..
Still no conclusion >.>

I think you mean console.

And yeah, I've had the same debate myself... settled on not doing it. I can wait and it will be better waiting. Why?

• It will be more enjoyable in your native language
  • Almost none of my friends will be able to play with me (I don't have a lot of friends willing to put down $350 for a single game...)
  • It's a ridiculous cost, a lot more could be done with the money

I think you mean console.

And yeah, I've had the same debate myself... settled on not doing it. I can wait and it will be better waiting. Why?

• It will be more enjoyable in your native language
  • Almost none of my friends will be able to play with me (I don't have a lot of friends willing to put down $350 for a single game...)
  • It's a ridiculous cost, a lot more could be done with the money

yeah I meant console
the cheapest price i could find was $169 for a 3DS and $52 for the game (downloaded) - which is like... $221? and in Australia it costs more than that to even buy a 3DS LOL (it costs $228)
So that's my main reason as to why I'd buy it
but when the game comes out here I'm more than likely gonna buy a 3DS XL so... then I'll have like three 3DS's asghjhgf

I DONT EVEN KNOW

$169 for a Japanese 3DS? Where? I've pretty much always seen around $200-$250, plus shipping.

$169 for a Japanese 3DS? Where? I've pretty much always seen around $200-$250, plus shipping.
Nippon-yasan (the plain black 3DS not including shipping)
Meh. Nahh I'm just gonna wait

But man I was looking on eBay and there were *****s selling the LL one for like $700 like get ****ed

Last edited:
I'll be getting mine roughly in a week. However, AC isn't the only game I'd like. there's quite a few games that as of now aren't planned to come here. So, that's mostly why.

Japanese 3DS' run around 14,000 yen new (~$160) for the regular ones (non-LL), so those over $200 ones are really throwing a high importer premium on there. I'm not surprised though. I paid Ye Olde Importer Premiums for years until I moved here a few months ago.

You can get a Japanese 3DS for as cheap as around 9,000 yen (~$100) for a regular one that's used, in good condition. Unfortunately you'd have to buy them in person.

I'm considering buying one, but not for NL. Wanna buy stuff like Hatsune Miku Project Mirai, Taiko no Tatsujin 3DS, and also Bravely Default if that never gets an NA release. There's a lot of 3DS games out already that probably won't make it outside of Japan, so if you're into games more than just AC (some AC players seem to only play AC), there's a lot to make the JP 3DS cost worth it.

Exactly, I'm only going to use it for NL. So I'm afraid of buying one for that reason

It won't be very long before the English-language versions are released.

yeah and i'm going to buy an XL when I get the game and if i get the Japanese version I'd have three 3DS's...

Anyway my friend is on an exchange in Japan she could probably buy it for me ahahheaheaheh LOL jk

If I still did Japanese though I'd defs buy the Japanese versio and not buy the English one but oh well

I'm considering buying one, but not for NL. Wanna buy stuff like Hatsune Miku Project Mirai, Taiko no Tatsujin 3DS, and also Bravely Default if that never gets an NA release. There's a lot of 3DS games out already that probably won't make it outside of Japan, so if you're into games more than just AC (some AC players seem to only play AC), there's a lot to make the JP 3DS cost worth it.

That is the exact same reason I'm buying a Japanese 3DS, just I'm buying a LL (XL) and you forgot:
- Beyond the Labyrinth
- Project X Zone
- Time Travelers
- E.X. Troopers
... except if you don't particularity care for them. The reason I'm getting an LL (XL) is because:
- It helps the whole "Japanese Nintendo Collection"
- It helps the general "Nintendo Collection"
- The 3DS is region-locked
- I already have a regular 3DS

Anyways, if I get a Japanese 3DS, I will buy New Leaf (Jump Out) 1st to get that out of the way. Then some of the others (except E.X. Troopers and Time Travelers, I'm debating whether or not to get them on other systems. More likely E.X. Troopers since it's cheaper). I might do a little something and try to translate (I am still learning Japanese and programming, which is a lot for a kid. Not to mention, I'm not the best in either one, particularly programming). I know there are enough for the beginning, but better to have more than less, right?

I also had my doubts about buying a XL or a normal sized 3DS. I think I'm going to go with the normal sized one, because my hands are quite small and it saves me 40 euros. Yes, that's quite a bit. Furthermore I've always been content with the way the smaller screens looked. Oh and FYI a normal sized one is 168,99 euro's and an XL version of a 3DS is 199,99 euros. Life isn't free :c

i still dont get why everywhere else XL's are more expensive but they're the same price here asdsfdfjghsds

I doubt this is new, but here's where Pascal goes after getting a scallop from you:
With the scallop:
HNI_0003-5_zps1bfd6fc9.jpg

After the scallop was eaten:
HNI_0004-5_zpsf1614eb7.jpg

HNI_0007-5_zps4dab6790.jpg

He seemed to drift around endlessly. I kept following him until I got bored.

Terrible photo of rain on the island:
HNI_0008-5_zps1ec1a78e.jpg

Snail on the hibiscus:
HNI_0009-5_zps59729aed.jpg

Im sorry this is probably a really dumb question but how do qr codes work exactly? Like how would i get to use them, do you lke take a pic of the code from here with your 3ds or what? I mean ik on iphones you scan them for various things but i just wasnt sure for this...

Back