• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

ACNH Pet Peeves and Petty Complaints Thread

I still am sad that they took out my violets. (my fav flower in ACNL) And I wish we could have more tall weeds in the town at a time or be able to dig them up and place them in a state so they are different heights like with the glowing moss. I adore a "wild" look and the weeds in this game are gorgeous.
violets weren’t my favourite, but i’m sad they took them out, too. them and carnations (i know we have the carnations furniture item, but that obviously isn’t the same lol). i’m not sure why they were removed. i also wish weeds didn’t revert back to the first stage of growth when you pick them up and move them elsewhere — fully grown weeds should stay fully grown, even when you move them. i get why they don’t (them stacking when you pick them up would probably make it hard to differentiate them), but in that case they could’ve just had it so that only weeds that are the same size stack together, instead of them all stacking together regardless.

I know this is kinda dumb, but a few times Flora asked me if I wanted to play beach volleyball with her and I said yes...but we never got to play volleyball? I wish we could, kind of like the random treasure hunts.

Also I wish you could help villagers of the same species get married. Like, for example, I think Rod and Penelope would be a cute couple, but we can't reuse and/or redecorate Cyrus and Reese's wedding chapel. Maybe in another DLC like Happy Home Paradise, but Wholesome Wedding Paradise?

I know this is kinda dumb, but a few times Flora asked me if I wanted to play beach volleyball with her and I said yes...but we never got to play volleyball? I wish we could, kind of like the random treasure hunts.

Also I wish you could help villagers of the same species get married. Like, for example, I think Rod and Penelope would be a cute couple, but we can't reuse and/or redecorate Cyrus and Reese's wedding chapel. Maybe in another DLC like Happy Home Paradise, but Wholesome Wedding Paradise?
You know I never thought of that. Villagers mentioned how they want to play beach volleyball but, there is never point where that is possible? Maybe there was supposed to be plans to do activities with your villagers but it got scrapped after the game came out, which is unusual because in past AC games you were able to play Hide and Seek with your villagers again that never returned in this game.

The only "mini game" that you can do is Treasure Hunts but it barely shows up. Only when you have a higher friendship with your villager you can do it. I still don't understand why they cut out so many mini games from this game.

I don't know why, but I don't like how overly-detailed your character's kneecaps are.
Why? You don't want Tom Nook to break them when you don't pay off your loan you've been slacking on?(obviously joking in case you couldn't tell)

In the future if I ever felt like it, I had ideas for making my island look like the neighborhoods I see IRL but New Horizons is lacking some things I could need, maybe I just need to be more creative, I wish like you could make custom fences, that there were gates, outside pillars, more bushes, IDK I just feel like I don't really have stuff to make what I see IRL in animal crossing...

Not dumb at all. I wish the villagers were more interactive. Being able to play a game of volleyball or soccer. Have them bring back hide and seek. I know they have the treasure hunt but I haven’t had villagers ask for that in awhile. It’s also weird they will ask you questions but you usually don’t get to answer the question.

Not dumb at all. I wish the villagers were more interactive. Being able to play a game of volleyball or soccer. Have them bring back hide and seek. I know they have the treasure hunt but I haven’t had villagers ask for that in awhile. It’s also weird they will ask you questions but you usually don’t get to answer the question.
lol I just made that same comment in the rant thread yesterday.

I don't like that the fish models are not to size. The big sharks are like tiny pebbles and the bugs are behemoths. I know it's supposed to be a gag to show where Flicks true passion is at, but a gag is something that should be a one-off joke. It can come back for a brief moment, but does not impede a show ect. Instead its to showcase his personality and it just makes me dislike him more.

Like if you want a cool fish model you might get a measly sized one and if you want to use a bug model it might be too big when it shouldn't even be that big.

I don't like that the fish models are not to size. The big sharks are like tiny pebbles and the bugs are behemoths. I know it's supposed to be a gag to show where Flicks true passion is at, but a gag is something that should be a one-off joke. It can come back for a brief moment, but does not impede a show ect. Instead its to showcase his personality and it just makes me dislike him more.

Like if you want a cool fish model you might get a measly sized one and if you want to use a bug model it might be too big when it shouldn't even be that big.
i actually think the tiny fish models are pretty cute, but i definitely agree that some of them should’ve come in grand sizes as well. like, huge oarfish and shark models at least would’ve been really cool! deep-sea creatures would’ve been cool as well... i’m still kinda surprised/bummed that those weren’t added haha.

i actually think the tiny fish models are pretty cute, but i definitely agree that some of them should’ve come in grand sizes as well. like, huge oarfish and shark models at least would’ve been really cool! deep-sea creatures would’ve been cool as well... i’m still kinda surprised/bummed that those weren’t added haha.
Agreeing with xara I think the small fish models are really cute but I was very disappointed when I caught a bunch of sharks in the summer and turned them all into models and saw only the great white and whale shark are the big ones, I wish my hammerhead and saw shark models were just as big as the other shark models so they all match.
I mean I just googled the size of saw sharks and I'm shocked to find out they are a lot smaller then I expected, smaller then I am to be precise so I could see the saw shark being that small but I mean come on hammerheads can grow big as 13 feet Flick!

One thing that bugs me is that when I go fishing for a specific fish I end up with every single fish except the one I want.
Yea this happens to me all the time. I can usually find carp very easily. Yesterday when looking for one I couldn’t find one.

This is a very small thing, but I just had to put it here. So you know how the heartbreak emotion? I don't know why, but the sound in New horizons just grosses me out for some reason. In New leaf, it was just a crash, and it sounded fine, so I don't know why they changed it?

One thing that bugs me is that when I go fishing for a specific fish I end up with every single fish except the one I want.
Agreed. Been searching for one last river fish and all I get is black bass. More annoying than sea bass at this point.

I swear, it feels like I lose the DIY I've already learned. I know this was apparently a real issue during launch year, but I'm not sure if they fixed it or not. Celeste also gave me a DIY for the rover that I know I already had. It was one of the few DIY from her that wasn't another wand so it stood out to me.

I lost a DIY recipe for a fence and had to rebuy it. I only noticed when I was going to build more fencing.

Its so hard to get DIYS you haven't learned yet you keep getting the same ones everyday.
bro, i feel this in my soul. excluding seasonal and fish recipes, i’m only missing 14 or so recipes and the game just refuses to give them to me. and to make matters worse, it seems like i keep getting the same duplicates over and over again — the amount of spare cherry speakers, mushroom curry, veggie cupcakes, etc recipes i have is insane. i was hoping to obtain all the new 2.0 recipes myself, but i gave in and started trading with others as i don't think i’d ever complete my collection otherwise. 😕

One of the main reasons I still log on is to finally get the music box DIY. Sad to think it could take 2 years since I don't think I even have all the original DIYs yet lol.

I am currently being haunted by the DIY card for the light bamboo rug, a recipe that I've had for quite a long time. I look in the message-in-a-bottle that appears on the beach hoping to find an as of yet undiscovered recipe. But it contains the recipe for a light bamboo rug. I pop balloons, and out comes the recipe for the light bamboo rug. I talk to a villager who is currently in the process of constructing a DIY and he wants to give me the recipe for a light bamboo rug!!! WHY???? I've sold at least four DIY cards, all of which are for the light bamboo rug in the past two days! I feel like I'm being stalked by a rug!!!!

Back