• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

ACNH Pet Peeves and Petty Complaints Thread

I realize it was like this in New Leaf as well, but I don't understand why Joan feels the need to disappear at noon. She's the only NPC that disappears at such an early hour, and it's extremely inconvenient if you have any kind of Sunday obligations. Why could she not disappear at 6 PM at the earliest? Why does she have to disappear during the day at all? You can't sell turnips on Sunday anyway, so it's not like you risk breaking the game by having her stay just a little longer. I just want to buy turnips!!!

I realize it was like this in New Leaf as well, but I don't understand why Joan feels the need to disappear at noon. She's the only NPC that disappears at such an early hour, and it's extremely inconvenient if you have any kind of Sunday obligations. Why could she not disappear at 6 PM at the earliest? Why does she have to disappear during the day at all? You can't sell turnips on Sunday anyway, so it's not like you risk breaking the game by having her stay just a little longer. I just want to buy turnips!!!
Did not realised that she left after noon, I never actually buy turnips, because I don't really understand it enough, and this has added to me not really getting into it; since I don't usually play in the morning, just don't have enough time.

I'm so sick of this, I'm so glad I stop being this way.
I don't like certain villagers as well, but c'mon...

Villager: Hi, *insert player's name here*; What are you up to on this fine day?" ☺️

"Ugh, I hate this villager, they're so evil. They're also rude to everyone else on my island! Why would Nintendo add such a thing in the game?!" 🤬😡

Favorite villager of the same personality: "Aww, an angel." 🥺

I'm so sick of this, I'm so glad I stop being this way.
I don't like certain villagers as well, but c'mon...

Villager: Hi, *insert player's name here*; What are you up to on this fine day?" ☺️

"Ugh, I hate this villager, they're so evil. They're also rude to everyone else on my island! Why would Nintendo add such a thing in the game?!" 🤬😡

Favorite villager of the same personality: "Aww, an angel." 🥺
Thats when you come to the realization that most villagers repeat the same stuff as each other depending on what their personality is and no matter what they look like.

I hate the colours the doors come in when it comes to exterior decorating. They’re either too dark or too light and never match the colour of the roofs either. 🙄
oof i feel this. to be honest, i don’t really care for any of the exterior options in new horizons; they’re all just a bit… bland? and they all just kind of pale in comparison to how cool the exterior options in new leaf were. at least in my opinion lol. plus, like you said, none of the colors really match each other. the blues, greens, oranges, etc are all different shades. maybe i’m just not creative enough to mix-and-match like that, but still i wish they had made the colour options match a bit better. 🥴

oof i feel this. to be honest, i don’t really care for any of the exterior options in new horizons; they’re all just a bit… bland? and they all just kind of pale in comparison to how cool the exterior options in new leaf were. at least in my opinion lol. plus, like you said, none of the colors really match each other. the blues, greens, oranges, etc are all different shades. maybe i’m just not creative enough to mix-and-match like that, but still i wish they had made the colour options match a bit better. 🥴
There is a lack of variety in colors and it really forces me to use the default ones I don't like so much.

1.5x1.5 Items my behated. I just want to make a tower but the pagoda looks so weird when I put it on top of the cliff.

Dream addresses where you can easily get stuck in.
I know you can use your in-game phone app or just press the - button, it's just so annoying whenever it happens!

Why has furniture got to be attached to the grid?! So often I want to put something little next to a table or something but because it’s attached to the grid it places it miles away and it just looks odd and out of place. How I long for the ALT placement in the sims 😂
Post automatically merged:

One thing that bugs me is that you have to craft one fish bait at a time
After 4 main games you’d think that Nintendo would add something as simple as a multi crafting / buying into the game. It drives me bonkers having to mash the buttons to craft 10 bait or buy 4 chairs.

Never played Arceus, but I am certain that crafting isn't a main part of the game like it is for NH. So that's doubly sad.
Well yes and no. It can be useful for gathering materials to craft Pokeballs and Potions, and without spoiling the more you play through the game you will be able to buy them in the shop like in the past Pokemon games but in the beginning its limited.

Why is the eating option in the middle?!

View attachment 437786
lol the option to eat food is on the bottom. It's like there's no pattern to it. I remember people saying how they kept dropping medicine when they wanted to take it. Dropping should be on the bottom. But then they kind of screw it up by not really keeping a set pattern for all items. This just shows how little testing probably went into this game. This is the stuff Quality Control/Assurance testers should have found and told them to fix before it even hit the shelves.

I still am sad that they took out my violets. (my fav flower in ACNL) And I wish we could have more tall weeds in the town at a time or be able to dig them up and place them in a state so they are different heights like with the glowing moss. I adore a "wild" look and the weeds in this game are gorgeous.

Back