ACNH Pet Peeves and Petty Complaints Thread

Why does this game insist on giving me the same diys. I’d like to complete them, but it’s not going to happen if the game insists on giving me repeats, and nothing but repeats.
The worst is when they insist on giving you DIY that you got during the tutorial stage. Like that's just garbage. You can't use it and you can't trade it.

The way the game handled the diy was done so poorly. I hated having to farm the balloons to try to find something that was integral to the game and holiday. This game is heavily focusing on designing, so locking a lot of the content behind a wildly hard rng was just a bad idea. And it's clear they did this to pad the game's content/timing because before Nov. 2021 the game was very bare and we were all being starved of basic content from previous games.

They could've made collecting seasonal diy new and exciting, but choose to be lazy. The way building snowmen worked was great. I actually had fun doing that because I knew if I did it right at least I was guaranteed a new diy. The dev team was split between Splatoon and NH. So seeing as Splatoon got 3 games in the span of ten years and AC only got one, I'm a bit disappointed they threw the series I like more on the backburner.

I really wish if they won’t let us store flowers in storage (change back to seeds even) have a greenhouse, or something because flowers at time feel worse than weeds of older games taking over your town.

I really wish if they won’t let us store flowers in storage (change back to seeds even) have a greenhouse, or something because flowers at time feel worse than weeds of older games taking over your town.
That’s a great idea of them changing into seeds. I would love it if we had a greenhouse to store them in.

Back