• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

ACNH Pet Peeves and Petty Complaints Thread

After the party is over you can give them cupcakes.
The funny thing was, she wasn't. Apollo (who was the host), Gabi, and Sherb were. What's more, I was actually able to give Apollo a cupcake and got a SECOND birthday-themed item from him.

I gave away a few other cupcakes (which IIRC, included Gabi and Sherb) and only got regular items O_O
Hmm, must be a friendship level thing then.

The funny thing was, she wasn't. Apollo (who was the host), Gabi, and Sherb were. What's more, I was actually able to give Apollo a cupcake and got a SECOND birthday-themed item from him.

I gave away a few other cupcakes (which IIRC, included Gabi and Sherb) and only got regular items O_O
I think a lot of it has to do with friendship level. Since I don’t play with my alt character very often she got normal items from the villagers she gave cupcakes to. It’s why I had her only give to a few .

The way the dressing room works could probably be a little more optimized. That’s the only way you can get other colors of clothes besides the default color, and certain clothes that aren’t on display, which are good reasons to use it. But then when you buy something, you either have to send it to storage or wear it and send what you’re currently wearing to storage. Why can’t you just put it in your inventory? What if you were buying it for a gift but now you have to go all the way to your house or a closet to get it?

The way the dressing room works could probably be a little more optimized. That’s the only way you can get other colors of clothes besides the default color, and certain clothes that aren’t on display, which are good reasons to use it. But then when you buy something, you either have to send it to storage or wear it and send what you’re currently wearing to storage. Why can’t you just put it in your inventory? What if you were buying it for a gift but now you have to go all the way to your house or a closet to get it?
Yeah, a lot of times I just chose to wear something and then remove it to my inventory so I'm walking around in the underclothes. At least my villagers never seem to notice! :LOL:

Could the island rating system be more specific in which area needed to be cleared to reduce "traffic hazard"? They did point out what needs to be worked on but never mentioned which section of the island.

The island map clearly points out the designated acres on the island.(ex. C7, A5)

Honestly, the rating system needs a lot more room for improvements.

Last edited:
Could the island rating system be more specific in which area needed to be cleared to reduce "traffic hazard"? They did point out what needs to be worked on but never mentioned which section of the island.

The island map clearly points out the designated acres on the island.(ex. C7, A5)

Honestly, the rating system needs a lot more room for improvements.
I never even knew "traffic hazards" factored into a town rating. Seems a bit dumb, though I can understand if let's say the houses, shops and the museum were on cliffs without staircases. And yes, the sectors could've been used for something more than just a hidden quality of life thing.

Garden_Lantern_%28Black%29_NH_Icon.png

Why oh why can we not place garden lanterns on top of stuff...

Am I not the only one who thinks there should be an option to add milk to your coffee for every visit? Why does Brewster have to be the one to ask me? And it doesn't help that it only happens occasionally. T_T

I don't like how paths cannot blend under the plaza bricks, staircases, or shops/museum. It does blend under some structures (such as bridges and houses), so I don't get why it isn't a universal thing. Seeing that little bit of grass sets my OCD into a fiery rage sometimes.

It's also why I refuse to build diagonal bridges. It looks so bad trying to get the default paths to look semi-decent near them.

This is a super small thing, but I have to know if I'm the only one that gets mildly annoyed by it. When you're decorating the homes in Happy Home Paradise, the client villager nods their head with Every. Single. Input. you make. Like, I'll decorating their yard, and they'll affirm the placement of every flower and weed. And sometimes I'll mistakenly pick up something and drop it in the same spot, or keep moving a thing back and forth trying to decide on the placement, and again. Nodding. Every. Time. 😖 It's so petty, but it feels like micromanaging! Even if it's completely positive micromanaging! Just leave me to my designing job without watching my every movement! Maybe I'm just weird. :LOL:

This is a super small thing, but I have to know if I'm the only one that gets mildly annoyed by it. When you're decorating the homes in Happy Home Paradise, the client villager nods their head with Every. Single. Input. you make. Like, I'll decorating their yard, and they'll affirm the placement of every flower and weed. And sometimes I'll mistakenly pick up something and drop it in the same spot, or keep moving a thing back and forth trying to decide on the placement, and again. Nodding. Every. Time. 😖 It's so petty, but it feels like micromanaging! Even if it's completely positive micromanaging! Just leave me to my designing job without watching my every movement! Maybe I'm just weird. :LOL:
This happens in the first HHD as well. I do question my sanity at times when I make houses like this and the villager absolutely LOVES it:

HHP-BB Lucy.jpg

(This was Lucy's house btw)

I forgot how much of a difference the room size in our houses are compared to harv’s studio’s rooms. It still ticks me off. It has messed up some of my ideas quite a bit and numerous of times. I honestly still find our house room sizes to be overall disappointing.

Am I not the only one who thinks there should be an option to add milk to your coffee for every visit? Why does Brewster have to be the one to ask me? And it doesn't help that it only happens occasionally. T_T

But it's not just milk, it's pigeons milk. Are you sure you want what Brewster is producing when you aren't around, in your coffee?

Pigeons milk.. thinking about it too much might give me nightmares.

Back