• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

ACNH × Sanrio Crossover Discussion + Question Thread 💗

Were you successful in buying a pack of Sanrio amiibo cards from Target today (03/26)? 🇺🇸

• Total voters
I'm hope Nintendo understands the want for these cards and produces enough to go around for everyone and more.

Also after seeing Mario furniture come back, an Sanrio villagers come back, I hope this means there's a possibility that when BOTW2 releases, it can coincide with the rerelease of the Zelda Amiibo villagers. Then my dream of having Wolf Link back will come true.

At first I was 'boarf I don't really care, villagers are quite cute and the items are nice' but that was all. However, I felt so enthousiastic just after for no reason that I bought just now, five minutes ago, the six cards! They come from France and they'll come to me between 5 and 17 March I hope!
I don't know if they are the original, apparently yes because there is the word 'preorder' but I don't care: I just want them to work!

The cards arent releasing until end of march, so not sure its a legit site you got them from? Make sure you dont get scammed or pay too much for them

The cards arent releasing until end of march, so not sure its a legit site you got them from? Make sure you dont get scammed or pay too much for them
Really? That's kind of strange because the update is late march so we can't acquire the cards before that day? I don't understand what they say on the website, maybe it's old cards, maybe it's fake ones (but if they work it doesn't matter for me) or maybe just preorder because they say they are release the 20 March so I don't know. I'll see!

I’m excited for the cards and furniture but worry I won’t be able to get them. When they rereleased the regular amiibo cards my GameStop never got any. So hopefully I can get some when they come out.

Really? That's kind of strange because the update is late march so we can't acquire the cards before that day? I don't understand what they say on the website, maybe it's old cards, maybe it's fake ones (but if they work it doesn't matter for me) or maybe just preorder because they say they are release the 20 March so I don't know. I'll see!

the cards being released in March are a re release of the old Sanrio amiibo cards. So it is possible to buy them from resellers, they are just probably charging a sizeable mark up. the the pack of six is $6. Not sure if the European packs will be smaller, like with other amiibo cards (I think like in Japan they come in 3 packs) but even then the price still seems to come to the equivalent of one usd per card. But on Amazon or eBay you see packs being sold for like $10-40 per pack, because they are being sold by third party sellers.

however these are (usually at least, of course there are scammers out there) still the real cards, they are just more expensive.

my understanding is that yes the update is released before the rerelease of the amiibo cards. Here in the us the cards rerelease on the 26th but the update is March 18 (which will really be March 17 when converted from Japan time)

Reactions: jim
I already asked this in one of the other 10 threads of the Sanrio Topic but It wasn't replied too, so I am going to re-ask it here.
Does the Large Star Furniture Item that Etoile has play music when you crank it? Like a music box.
I didn't hear any in the video, but the background music was loud anyway but I thought I could hear a little something something there?? lol.
It would be pretty cute if it did!!

I'll probably buy the pack since it comes with all 6 villagers and there's no mystery to it. I don't think I'll bring any of them in to my island since it's full and I really like all my villagers, but I'll probably bring one of them in if I ever get a second island or in the next animal crossing game. But I'm definitely getting all the items cause a lot of them are really cute! Can't wait for Chai's cafe set furniture especially - the tables and umbrellas are so cute

I already asked this in one of the other 10 threads of the Sanrio Topic but It wasn't replied too, so I am going to re-ask it here.
Does the Large Star Furniture Item that Etoile has play music when you crank it? Like a music box.
I didn't hear any in the video, but the background music was loud anyway but I thought I could hear a little something something there?? lol.
It would be pretty cute if it did!!
Nah, it's a cloud making machine, according to NL. It makes a glittery noise when you start it up, and bubbling noises once it's going, from what I can hear in the trailer.

This may be a silly question, but for those of us that live in America, will Target be doing online orders of the cards, or do you have to go get them from the store in person? Also will there be a pre-order date?

the cards being released in March are a re release of the old Sanrio amiibo cards. So it is possible to buy them from resellers, they are just probably charging a sizeable mark up. the the pack of six is $6. Not sure if the European packs will be smaller, like with other amiibo cards (I think like in Japan they come in 3 packs) but even then the price still seems to come to the equivalent of one usd per card. But on Amazon or eBay you see packs being sold for like $10-40 per pack, because they are being sold by third party sellers.

however these are (usually at least, of course there are scammers out there) still the real cards, they are just more expensive.

my understanding is that yes the update is released before the rerelease of the amiibo cards. Here in the us the cards rerelease on the 26th but the update is March 18 (which will really be March 17 when converted from Japan time)
They released the full pack of six in Europe and Japan originally, IIRC, but not in the US, so players who got them back then will be able to use them right away, while American players will have to wait to get the cards for the first time, if they didn't import them from elsewhere.

ETA: Was wrong about Japan, they got packs of two random cards plus one seal - the seals were actually reused in NH as posters, which is why they include characters like Kapp'n, who's not in NH. But here in Europe, they came in a six-pack, and I'm pretty sure you'll get the full set in NA, as well.

Last edited:
This may be a silly question, but for those of us that live in America, will Target be doing online orders of the cards, or do you have to go get them from the store in person? Also will there be a pre-order date?
There hasn’t been any announcements yet if there will be pre-orders. I’m guessing it will both be available in-store and online.

I keep hitting refresh on their website to see if they pop up at any time for pre-order. I'll be sure to report back if/when they do.

It seems other countries had the ability for pre-orders and online ability, I don't see why USA wouldn't have the same. I have been keeping an eye on target's website. I don't expect to see the page up today... because their weekly ad starts tomorrow (the 27th) and I think it is more likely to show then.

edit, i doubled check just in case and they actually update their Weekly Ad on Sundays any time from midnight to 2am Central time. EST is an hour ahead of Central.

Last edited:
Were the Sanrio amiibo villagers adoptable in NL? Like if one of them moved out could someone else come pick them up?
I had Rilla on my Pocket Camp for a really long while because I loved dressing her up. Would love to have a chance to chill with her in NH.

I don't really have the money to toss on anything extra right now (thanks life, very cool) so I figured I'd ask in case I could have someone amiibo her in for me.​

idk if this has been asked but will sanrio villagers appear on islands?

Were the Sanrio amiibo villagers adoptable in NL? Like if one of them moved out could someone else come pick them up?
I had Rilla on my Pocket Camp for a really long while because I loved dressing her up. Would love to have a chance to chill with her in NH.

I don't really have the money to toss on anything extra right now (thanks life, very cool) so I figured I'd ask in case I could have someone amiibo her in for me.​
if they can be adopted, i would be more than happy to help u get rilla 😊

idk if this has been asked but will sanrio villagers appear on islands?

if they can be adopted, i would be more than happy to help u get rilla 😊
They probably will only be available by loading the cards yourself, same as NL. If you know someone who can lend you the cards, that's an option, though.

Were the Sanrio amiibo villagers adoptable in NL? Like if one of them moved out could someone else come pick them up?​

Now that you mention it, I don't think they were. I can definitely try it if someone has an open plot in New Leaf to attempt adoption. EDIT: I forget I own 2 copies and systems for New Leaf, I can try by myself.

What is Toby’s bench item? :O it confused me in New Leaf too
Do you put it against a wall in your house? What is it meant to be if you put it outside?

They probably will only be available by loading the cards yourself, same as NL. If you know someone who can lend you the cards, that's an option, though.

Ouch that's rough. Understandable from a business point of view but still stings.
I guess we'll know for sure once the update drops but I know what to expect now.​

What is Toby’s bench item? :O it confused me in New Leaf too
Do you put it against a wall in your house? What is it meant to be if you put it outside?
It's like a porch on a Japanese style house, if I'm not mistaken. Google tells me it's called an engawa, apparently.

Back