• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

An error has occurred

Drew1234

Life imitates art.
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Pear (Fruit)
White Rose
White Cosmos
Cake
Yesterday my brother and I played Animal Crossing New Leaf together locally. I went to the train station opened my gate for nearby people and he came over and so we played for just under an hour. That that evening while I was visiting him during my visit I got an error message that is so vague, it says, "An error has occurred, please try again later. Visiting support.nintendo.com" no error code at all. So we tried him coming to my town instead, that didn't work. We tried the far way option over the internet and it still doesn't work. It's so sad. So I called Nintendo up yesterday and they told me it was the firewall on my WiFi, though that doesn't affect local play from 3DS to 3DS. So I removed it for the 3DS and that didn't work. Two hours wasted doing that. Today again we tried on the phone with Nintendo they recommend restarting my wifi router. So I did, that didn't work either.... finally he says okay, call back later, or you can delete the game and start over by re-downloading it again, seriously? after all the times restarting to get the perfect town, they just don't understand. Later today, he suggested repairing the download so me and my brother did that. But that didn't work.... he too suggested deleting or redoing the game.... :( He even said it's possible for our 3DS wireless to be broken and need repair. Which is weird because we got it working fine yesterday. I am just wondering if anyone else had this problem and if there was someone that wouldn't mind swapping friend codes to see if I'm to blame or if my brother's 3DS has the issues. Thank you so much for your time, have a great day and enjoy playing. :)

That happened to me and my sister today and yesterday after the same amount of time. And I lost all the fish I caught there. I don't know why it did that, but I would appreciate an answer as well!

That happened to me and my sister today and yesterday after the same amount of time. And I lost all the fish I caught there. I don't know why it did that, but I would appreciate an answer as well!

I know it sucks, did you end up returning back to the town after? Also mine's a downloaded version? I don't know if that's an issue....
And it's horrible losing all the things you've done. Thanks for your reply.

I had the same problem thrice while playing with a friend via internet.
We lost all game progress and were sent back to town, all the fish,medals and beetles were gone.... T.T
Both games were digital copies and said to be the most updated versions.

You should save often when wifing, even if no one asks to save, do it anyway.
If you're on the island with friends, the only way to save is to play a mini-game.

So far I've haven't had this issue when connecting locally over wifi. I hope this issue will somehow be resolved. :c

You should save often when wifing, even if no one asks to save, do it anyway.
If you're on the island with friends, the only way to save is to play a mini-game.

Thank you Mint, that's good to know. Unfortunately we don't even have enough time to save before the error messages pops up... :(

I got the same problem, really annoying

first, I thought it because of my wifi router so I tried setting it, turn off firewall. it's not working

I also changed to use Nintendo wifi usb,which I bought it longgggggg time ago. it seem working for 10 minutes

but then error again. now i'm thinking about buy a new wifi router cause I want to play this game badly

Should I buy it or just wait for some news from nintendo?

PS. my 3ds is animal crossing bundle

Changing the firewall didn't help either. Also if you are playing locally or nearby that has nothing to do with wifi but the 3DS wireless. Also make sure that your router is compatible or on the working list, when I called Nintendo they checked mine and said there are no known issue with my router. So I'd suggest you check before spending more money than you need to. :)

This happened to me a couple of times!
I thought it was my friend's end, because I was across from my router when the error occurred and if it been my internet, one of the lights for the Wi-Fi would be off.

I can't really play online because I don't want to lose my progress if it does error on me again.

This happened to me a couple of times!
I thought it was my friend's end, because I was across from my router when the error occurred and if it been my internet, one of the lights for the Wi-Fi would be off.

I can't really play online because I don't want to lose my progress if it does error on me again.

Personally, the funnest part of the game is when playing with friend :(

it's so fun and adorable

I'm getting that error on wifi play, not local. Not every time either, just random times. I have a digital copy and the 3ds is brand new. I say it's on Nintendo's end.

I'm getting that error on wifi play, not local. Not every time either, just random times. I have a digital copy and the 3ds is brand new. I say it's on Nintendo's end.

I agree, there seems to be no known trigger for this to happen, it just happens randomly. If you haven't you can repair you game through the eShop, it doesn't delete game date, thankfully I've done it, but it still didn't fix the issue for me though.....
I guess we'll have to wait and see what Nintendo says.

Another suggestion from Nintedno that could work for you but didn't for me is manually changing and adding the IP to your 3DS that you can get from your computer. Take the IP address, example 302.123.102.10.11 so with 11 you'd add 10 making it 302.123.102.10.21 and the guy swore this would fix it. Instead it caused me to have no internet access on the 3DS. Oh well. :)

My sister and I have had a few hiccups with messaging over wifi, despite that our systems read when either of us are online.
Other than that, we've had items disappear on us. When she visited me yesterday, I lost a hundred thousand bells from my pocket. The first day, I bought new pants and the old ones disappeared, and then yesterday the same thing happened to her.
Save often! As a precaution, we both now deposit extra bells in our accounts before visiting.

Back