• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Animal Crossing 3DS!!!

Cherrypie

Yum Yum :3
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Cake
Cake
Hiya! :) I am really excited about the new Animal Crossing game and I am sure everyone else is too! On this forum we will just talk about what new news you have heard about the game, what you are excited about, what you hope will be in the game and more!

I'll start off:

I think I am most excited about is the island, the mall and being mayor! I hope the island is where new characters (the islanders- hopefully they are like a tribe) do tribal celebrations that you can participate in, where you can relax, buy and collect island furniture and clothes, go treasure hunting, catch tropical fish and bugs, explore a jungle and more!

It looks like the mall is going to be much better than the small city in the Wii version. ;) In the new screenshots (where, for the first time, we got to even have a glimpse at the mall and buildings) it shows there is going to be a shoe shop owned by Kicks and a furniture shop owned by a pink llama. I hope there is a clothing store, a garden store and there was many other good ideas on other forum. Plus, people (and me) also hope that (if you said yes to the option) the mall is where you can meet other people. Maybe they have to be in the same state and only a certain amount of people can be in each 'chat room' (so once the max number of people is hit, then another chat room opens). Maybe you must have passwords to go to your friend's chat rooms?

Next, being the mayor! It is already confirmed that as mayor you can add street lamps and benches to your town (plus I found out on a translated Japanese video that the secretary dog Shizu asks you where you would like to install the cafe), but on a recent screenshot, it shows that you have an office! In the background it shows two medals (maybe something you earn for doing certain jobs as mayor?).

I got heaps more to write, but I guess I'll see how this forum goes!

-Love you all,
Cherrypie

Those are great ideas, but the mall area is directly connected to your town, so I doubt anything involving online like that will take place.
Supposedly you won't have to go through a loading screen, or anything like that, you can just walk across the railroad tracks into it.

I'm starting to believe that the island will be your vacation home. At first I was a little iffy about the idea but now that I've thought about it, it makes sense.

But to be honest, and seriously, probably the most I'm looking forward to is new fish, bugs, and flowers. All the brand new stuff is great too but I'm hoping there is a huge variety of fish and bugs and plants this time around.

Sorry! :) You're right. Now I think of it, Nintendo won't make the mall a place to meet strangers. Plus with your point with the new fish, bugs and flowers, yes that would be great too.

Thanks for posting! What are other people excited about or hoping for?

-With lots of love,
Cherrypie

I love your ideas!

I'm exited about everything! but most of all the new customization options.

But to be honest, and seriously, probably the most I'm looking forward to is new fish, bugs, and flowers. All the brand new stuff is great too but I'm hoping there is a huge variety of fish and bugs and plants this time around.

Pretty much this. I never played the GC version, so i dont have a clue what the tents/island was like.
I did however read up on some of the GC version; where i learned about the golden shovel, where you'd have to look for a
sparkling spot on the ground, did it up, bury a shovel, wait for it to grow into a golden tree, shake it and get the golden shovel.

IMO that's so more better than burying the shovel for a few days, I hope that returns.
I'm also looking forward to the mall, why, idk - it just sounds great

Thanks Kip and Bidoof! I gotta say, I was excited when I found out about the customisation and I never heard of the golden tree way. I hope too that they do that. Much better than digging a shovel! :)

-Lots of love,
Cherrypie

Thanks Kip and Bidoof! I gotta say, I was excited when I found out about the customisation and I never heard of the golden tree way. I hope too that they do that. Much better than digging a shovel! :)

-Lots of love,
Cherrypie

Oh good, that makes two who haven't played the GC version, anyway here's the thing about the gold shovel;

To start, you will need two shovels. While walking around town, you will occasionally see a shining spot in the ground, that when dug up, produces 1,000 bells (or rarely 10,000 bells, if you're "lucky"). To get the Golden Shovel, you must bury your extra shovel in the shiny spot, after you dig up the money, but before filling in the whole. If done correctly, a gold tree sapling will pop out of the ground. When that sapling grows to full size, shaking it will release your first golden tool! To reduce the risk of your tree not growing to full height, make sure that the hole you bury your shovel in is not right next to anything. Rocks, building, or other trees that prevent you from being able to walk a complete circle around your hole increases the chance that the tree will not grow.
Update from Regular Tool: Has a chance of digging up money bags when you dig holes.

I took it from ACCommunity, you need to be a member to read, and idk if you're a member so i just C&P'd

Oh good, that makes two who haven't played the GC version, anyway here's the thing about the gold shovel;

To start, you will need two shovels. While walking around town, you will occasionally see a shining spot in the ground, that when dug up, produces 1,000 bells (or rarely 10,000 bells, if you're "lucky"). To get the Golden Shovel, you must bury your extra shovel in the shiny spot, after you dig up the money, but before filling in the whole. If done correctly, a gold tree sapling will pop out of the ground. When that sapling grows to full size, shaking it will release your first golden tool! To reduce the risk of your tree not growing to full height, make sure that the hole you bury your shovel in is not right next to anything. Rocks, building, or other trees that prevent you from being able to walk a complete circle around your hole increases the chance that the tree will not grow.
Update from Regular Tool: Has a chance of digging up money bags when you dig holes.

I took it from ACCommunity, you need to be a member to read, and idk if you're a member so i just C&P'd

Wow! :D That's great! Now I defiantly want that feature added to the game! But Nintendo probably won't do it unless many fans contacted them about it.

P.s. I am a member on this website (actually, I just joined today), so does that make me a member for the ACCommunity? Sorry if that is a dumb question! :blush:

-Love you all
Cherrypie

Back to the discussion:

I hope Nintendo gives more information about AC3DS soon, because at the moment there is not a lot answered. It just leads me to wonder about what has been confirmed. For instance: the train station. I haven't played the GC version of AC, but what do you think the train station means? I think that is how you get to friend's towns and (I hope!) lets you travel to other places too! We haven't seen a screen shot of the train station except from the map, but will it be the same as the gateway, where you have to open the gate and see if friends has opened their gate? I hope they make it that you can see if your friend is online and request them to come over, rather than opening the gate so unwanted people can come.

What do you think?
-Cherrypie

Last edited:
No ACCommunity and TBT are different forums

Thank you for clearing that up with me. Can I have a link to this website?

Lots of love,
Cherrypie

(Edit)

Check out my train station question/discussion above. Does anyone know anything about that?

Lot's of love,
Cherrypie

Last edited:
Hello Cherrypie,

I love Animal Crossing!
I can't beleive the new 3DSblog had more detail on the game yesterday!
Eep, I waiting as calmly as I can for the game to come out.
I hope they tell us more at E3.

Peace and Love,
MDofDarkheart

Hello Cherrypie,

I love Animal Crossing!
I can't beleive the new 3DSblog had more detail on the game yesterday!
Eep, I waiting as calmly as I can for the game to come out.
I hope they tell us more at E3.

Peace and Love,
MDofDarkheart

I hope so! I am just so excited about the game! :D

Anyway, here is all the news (that in my point of view) that is confirmed: (Sorry if it is very old news! :blush:)

*You are mayor and to help you with this challenge, you are given a clumsy, but comical secretary dog: Shizu
*As mayor you can customise the town with street lamps and benches (plus some other things that were spotted in screenshots, for example: man made bee hives, something on a post- someone described it as an outside clock, but it could also be a road sign)
*Plus, Shizu will point out areas that need improving
*You can swim and dive in the ocean - run around the beach barefoot - new clothing: swimmers
*You can take your furniture to a shop and have it customised
*You can put clocks etc on the wall
*You can sit on tree stumps
*Wells are back
*The cafe from the museum is now it's own shop owned by Brewster (and is installed anywhere you like by you)
*You can customise your house: walls, roof, fence, mail post etc
*You can collect model homes through spot pass where you can exchange house designs
*Avatars are thinner and taller, with villagers their correct height due to their species
*New characters: Shizu, the pink llama
*New bug catching creep
*Beach is bigger and separate - town is bigger
*Over the train tracks is a mall and the model homes section
*Tom Nook is a Real Estate Agent and his furniture shop ownership is replaced by a pink llama
*More Clothing - You can put on (separate) shoes, hats, tops, pants, dresses and skirts
*Kicks (who used to shine your shoes in the city in ACCF) now owns a shoe and sock store
*Characters (maybe) can take drinks or ice cream out of the cafe and maybe eat/drink it
*New music for different areas of town
*There is an island that you may be able to visit

That's all I can think of right now. Add things I missed out and I will update this list when I remember more things!

Lots of love,
Cherrypie

I completely forgot about the bee hives(houses, not the ones that fall out of trees).
very interesting on how those will work. I assume you'll have to catch bees to put into them.

I completely forgot about the bee hives(houses, not the ones that fall out of trees).
very interesting on how those will work. I assume you'll have to catch bees to put into them.

I agree.

-Cherrypie

(Edit)

I have heard in a forum that one of the shops in the mall is going to be a bookstore... I haven't heard of this before and I was wondering if it was just a rumour. Does anyone know more about the bookstore and if it has been confirmed?

-Lots of love,
Cherrypie

Last edited:
- Mayor's office freatures picture of Tortimer on the wall.
-There are items in the mayor's office that look like prizes/trophys.
-Bulletin board might be away from town hall.

-Clock tower/Town hall roof
I put the backslash because it's under debate which it really is.

- Mayor's office freatures picture of Tortimer on the wall.
-There are items in the mayor's office that look like prizes/trophys.
-Bulletin board might be away from town hall.

-Clock tower/Town hall roof
I put the backslash because it's under debate which it really is.

Thanks MDofDarkheart!

Can someone comment on my train station post and/or my bookstore post?

Love,
Cherrypie

I hope so! I am just so excited about the game! :D

Anyway, here is all the news (that in my point of view) that is confirmed: (Sorry if it is very old news! :blush:)

*You are mayor and to help you with this challenge, you are given a clumsy, but comical secretary dog: Shizu
*As mayor you can customise the town with street lamps and benches (plus some other things that were spotted in screenshots, for example: man made bee hives, something on a post- someone described it as an outside clock, but it could also be a road sign)
*Plus, Shizu will point out areas that need improving
*You can swim and dive in the ocean - run around the beach barefoot - new clothing: swimmers
*You can take your furniture to a shop and have it customised
*You can put clocks etc on the wall
*You can sit on tree stumps
*Wells are back
*The cafe from the museum is now it's own shop owned by Brewster (and is installed anywhere you like by you)
*You can customise your house: walls, roof, fence, mail post etc
*You can collect model homes through spot pass where you can exchange house designs
*Avatars are thinner and taller, with villagers their correct height due to their species
*New characters: Shizu, the pink llama
*New bug catching creep
*Beach is bigger and separate - town is bigger
*Over the train tracks is a mall and the model homes section
*Tom Nook is a Real Estate Agent and his furniture shop ownership is replaced by a pink llama
*More Clothing - You can put on (separate) shoes, hats, tops, pants, dresses and skirts
*Kicks (who used to shine your shoes in the city in ACCF) now owns a shoe and sock store
*Characters (maybe) can take drinks or ice cream out of the cafe and maybe eat/drink it
*New music for different areas of town
*There is an island that you may be able to visit

That's all I can think of right now. Add things I missed out and I will update this list when I remember more things!

Lots of love,
Cherrypie

http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?58884-Official-AC-3DS-information-thread

As for the book store, first i've heard, I doubt it, who wants to write/read books on a 3DS when you can do them by hand/on a computer quicker and easier.

And yes, i forgot about the beehives too. lets take a look at all it's glory;

beehive.png
beehive2.png

Back