• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons @ E3 2019 General Discussion

AC MEMEa.jpg

AAAAA doesn't look exactly like i was hoping it would but i'm so glad we got to see it nevertheless!!!!

I don?t know how I feel about the new game. It does look interesting though. Building your town up from absolutely nothing sort of thing. I kind of get a ?Lost in Blue? vibe. I didn?t really want the survival genre incorporated but we?ll have to see more of it during the treehouse segment.

Either way, March 2020 will feel like such a long wait.

Oh god it looks so different. I lowkey want New Leaf remastered for the switch..

Ehh, I don’t know how I feel about it....this comes from the fact that we know nothing about it at the moment (until the treehouse shows some of it...) and apparently we came from somewhere hence the desert island theme?...I guess we’ll know more in coming months (9 more months)

I’ve noted that we can harvest flowers, make paths, and forge over rivers. THAT SOUNDS AWESOME!!!

I think it's interesting that you start on an empty island and you can create your own little village or world :)

I like it. I noticed them wearing purses and the characters now have a bit of hair flow. We have to remember this is a work in progress. New leaf didn't come out exactly as it did when it was first shown.

honestly i'm into it! I like the vibe they're going for.

Official blurb from Nintendo E3 site:

"Players embark on an ultra-exclusive Nook Inc. Deserted Island Getaway Package and enjoy a peaceful existence full of creativity, charm and the freedom to roll up their sleeves and make their new life whatever they want it to be. Players can collect resources they can craft into everything from creature comforts to handy tools as they set up a homestead they can decorate freely, both inside and out.

The Animal Crossing: New Horizons game will be released on the Nintendo Switch™ system on March 20, 2020."

That makes it sound like we've lost all shops and bye bye main street! haha.

Does this mean we have to build the museum from the ground up? Oh lord. This is gonna be a lot of work

I?m so happy! I can?t wait to play with everyone again, March 20 can?t come soon enough!

I'm guessing it's less survival and more Nook going "here's a desert island for you to settle, have fun." Kind of like the mayor mechanic from NL on steroids.

did they have the treehouse icon during the stream for animal crossing? I was too shocked by the release date too notice.

I'm down you guys! I wasn't sure how to feel about it but it immediately warmed up to me. I realised it's basically what I wanted, being able to build something from the ground up. However, that's definitely not what everyone wants, I know. Moving into a lived-in town has its charm. I'm looking forward to seeing the demo!

Back