• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Animal Crossing: New Leaf Named In Violent Games Rundown.... WHAT?!

Kaijudomage

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
January Birthstone (Garnet)
The Bell Tree Fair 2013 Patch
Dusty Scroll
Ancient Lantern
Pokéball
Pear (Fruit)
Classic Easter Egg
Cake
This is getting out of hand, now Comic Mischief is being considered a link to real life violence.....

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...nimal_crossing_named_in_violent_games_rundown

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/interactive/2013/apr/30/violence-guns-best-selling-video-games

3595-i-dont-want-to-live-on-this-planet-anymore.jpg

Well, I mean, who hasn't run around hitting villagers over the head with an ax?

Utter idiocy. The video states that there are aliens in Skyrim - lolwut.

Sensationalist article and I'm pretty ashamed that this is a UK paper. If they're going to include games like Animal Crossing, they need to state very clearly that the game has absolutely no violent content. I don't know why they included it either, yes it's one of the best selling games in Japan. It's not even out for us Westerners yet. Did they just look at the sales numbers and the ESRB label and pop it into their graph?

LOL People are willing to blame everything but themselves for their actions. It's pretty ridiculous nowadays.

I think they were concerned with the ESRB ratings. The game is rated E but does contain the ability to hit people over the head with a hammer :p

Its just silly, im not going to pay any attention to it.

I really don't get it. As a parent of a toddler.....I don't see how AC or MARIO is bad for him. What is he going to do? Dig a hole and put a pitfall in it? Just on mushrooms? Sell turnips on Sundays? I think people are over reacting. I say play the game first and decide. Don't lump AC and Mario with Call of Duty.

I really don't get it. As a parent of a toddler.....I don't see how AC or MARIO is bad for him. What is he going to do? Dig a hole and put a pitfall in it? Just on mushrooms? Sell turnips on Sundays? I think people are over reacting. I say play the game first and decide. Don't lump AC and Mario with Call of Duty.

blooinsunglasses.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

They have a very pretty but hard to read graph, it can be misleading. But really, all they're doing is telling you how the game was rated in that graph. It is pretty funny to see Animal Crossing pretty close to Assassin's Creed though.

The first line is "Research into connections between gun violence and video games to violence in real life has been inconclusive." after all.

Oh my (...) -.-
Sigh.. I enjoy playing pranks with pitfalls and nets on villagers I don't like, but AC isn't a violent game. Stupid, stupid people in the world.

Maybe they are referring to how dangerous it is the have a tiger as a neighbor? I mean, I wouldn't want my kid living next door to a fully grown snow tiger. Also, the bees leave noticeable scars, which is kind of scary.

Whelp, 'bout time to be hitting the dusty trail

with my axe and pitfalls and deadly bug nets

Whelp, 'bout time to be hitting the dusty trail

with my axe and pitfalls and deadly bug nets

*Throws hands up in the air and drops to the floor* I didn't do anything, stop wielding those things at me, I'm INNOCENT!!!!! I didn't rustle your cattle missy.

Video games don't cause real-life violence.

Back