• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Animal Crossing New Leaf playable at this year's SXSW Gaming Expo!

Sam

Resident Coldplayer
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
That's right! You lucky North American so and so's...

"Visitors to this year?s SXSW Gaming Expo will be able to go behind the scenes to experience an exciting lineup of unreleased games and experiences from Nintendo for both the new Wii U home console and the Nintendo 3DS hand-held system, from the latest installments of classic franchises to new software that lets players interact with one another in fresh and exciting ways.

The three-day event will feature the public debut for several Nintendo 3DS games in North America, including a guided demo opportunity with Animal Crossing: New Leaf..."

(Courtesy of mynintendonews)

What do you think? Does this open up opportunities for an E-Shop demo before release? :D

If there was an eShop demo, I wouldn't get it.
I would just want to play the whole thing for the first time by myself.

If there was an eshop demo, I would never turn off my DS as i would keep playing it over and over without having the demo lose a turn.

I would hope it wasn't timed like the monster hunter one though

Hm, if there was a demo, I'm not sure I would download it... I kind of want my entire ACNL experience to happen with the actual game, rather than a demo. I think the demo would make me even more impatient. :p

Did they make one for Japan?

If they didn't make one for Japan, I don't think they will make one for us.

I don't think it would be terrible, but it would suck to pick out a map, get villagers you like and grow attached to it only to have to do it again in June....

If there was one, it would probably have you pick a name and town name only and then just go from there

I don't think that the demo would be the start of the game... maybe placing a community project? :confused:

Although it would be fun, it wouldn't portray the point of the series, so it's unlikely... :(

I would like to play the game at the expo :< but its not like you can take the save with you. Its probably for those who are desperate and want to get there hands on it real quick.

I would love for them to release the demo of the game for us to play on the eshop. Clearly if they are demoing the game at this gaming expo, they at least had a demo in mind for us--whether they put it out or not is up to them obviously

One thing is clear however, anyone in the texas area who is on this board and will be attending absolutely HAS to film their gameplay (within reason of course, if nintendo representatives ask not to film that is one thing). If no filming is allowed, there must be some kind of report on it!! I'm dying to know any changes or interesting things that are apparent differences from the japanese version.

They can't really make a demo.. It would last forever! Usually demos only last for the first 2 levels. It would be cool though.

Back