• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Animal Crossing New Leaf playable at this year's SXSW Gaming Expo!

I'm pretty sure him saying 'dresses for ladies' was just him stereotyping

Aww Public Work Projects? I would've liked Public Works more but that prolly doesn't make as much sense :(

Last edited:
Aww Public Work Projects? I would've liked Public Works more but that prolly doesn't make as much sense :(

Public Work Projects sounds a little weird, considering how Public Work implies that it's already a project.

Public Work Projects sounds a little weird, considering how Public Work implies that it's already a project.

It's just the 2 Japanese names merged together Public works + Community projects = public work projects

Community Projects, in English context, refers to projects that a whole community works on and provides resources for. Take the early days of Sonic 2 HD for example. Your neighbors do nothing more than suggest stuff and pay minuscule amounts of money for the projects. I can see why they changed it.

Public works' projects actually make sense to me. Where I live in the middle of nowhere America, the division of the town government that take care of beautifying the town is called "Public Works." When I think of Community Projects/Service, I think of jailbirds and drunk drivers picking up litter along the side of the road.

Back