• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Animal Crossing New Leaf playable at this year's SXSW Gaming Expo!

What is this... expo you speak of? Mine eyes hath never laid themselves upon such a thing.

*poor family problems*

Japan didnt get a demo nor do I understand how a demo would work so I don't think it'll happen

Seems to me like it will just be an ordinary version of the game with someone peeking over your shoulder telling you what to do.

Well, when there was a Black and White convention oh so many years ago, they had a demo.
It basically threw you in the middle of the game and you fight maybe 2-3 battles and once you get to the end the demo ends.
I'm sure it won't be as exciting as everyone thinks. But to be fair, that event was pretty fantastic.

Well, when there was a Black and White convention oh so many years ago, they had a demo.
It basically threw you in the middle of the game and you fight maybe 2-3 battles and once you get to the end the demo ends.
I'm sure it won't be as exciting as everyone thinks. But to be fair, that event was pretty fantastic.
oh man I went to the one at the garden state plaza...it truly was fantastic. I even got a picture with Snivy :) If they could have something like that for animal crossing (which, unfortunately i doubt would happen) that would be AMAZING

One more day till SXSW, I'm excited to see what people say about the demo :)

Well, the Expo started about an hour and a half ago. We should start getting info soon! :D

I can't find any news about what's going on at the event ANYWHERE!... :(

I'm not being rude, but why do you need information?

It'll probably be the exact same as Japanese live streams except in English? o_O

I've found two pictures from SXSW of the AC demo on twitter/instagram.

The first one is by someone named kawaiiboushi: http://instagram.com/p/WnjjX2w2-9/ and shows a cut-out board & a listing of some of the town projects.

The second one is by someone named potatoppig911 & shows the inside of a house: http://instagram.com/p/WnVz87RvxM/

Thats all I've found so far. Hopefully they'll be some pics with english animal dialogue soon. :)

DF2506
" Wishes he could be at this event. I'd love to see a demo of Animal Crossing: New Leaf! "

Back