• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Animal Crossing New Leaf playable at this year's SXSW Gaming Expo!

20 bells says that the 'fence' is the Inanhosi (dried hay decoration)

wait no its the fence storage area thing

Last edited:
I've found two pictures from SXSW of the AC demo on twitter/instagram.

The first one is by someone named kawaiiboushi: http://instagram.com/p/WnjjX2w2-9/ and shows a cut-out board & a listing of some of the town projects.

The second one is by someone named potatoppig911 & shows the inside of a house: http://instagram.com/p/WnVz87RvxM/

Thats all I've found so far. Hopefully they'll be some pics with english animal dialogue soon. :)

DF2506
" Wishes he could be at this event. I'd love to see a demo of Animal Crossing: New Leaf! "
Thanks for sharing those pictures.
I was hoping Nintendo would fix up the grammar in the catalog and community project listings. My OCD is getting to me. I absolutely cannot stand those lower case letters. lol :(

^ it's in the post right above yours mate xD

Thanks for sharing those pictures.
I was hoping Nintendo would fix up the grammar in the catalog and community project listings. My OCD is getting to me. I absolutely cannot stand those lower case letters. lol :(

IKR! i hate it when people do this! its like they're teasing me ;-;

The capitalization doesn't bother me, even though I think I'm grammar OCD. As long as the game is out in a few months on the scheduled release date, I could care less about catalog capitalization.

The capitalization doesn't bother me, even though I think I'm grammar OCD. As long as the game is out in a few months on the scheduled release date, I could care less about catalog capitalization.

Your "grammar OCD" should have caught "could care less." It's actually couldn't care less :cool:

I've been waiting for this game since the launch of the 3DS, and am pumped that in 1 day north of 3 months, I will have it in my hands!

Looks like the rotating sushi table is still in the game. I didn't think it would make it to the US version. That makes me happy because I really wanted it in my game.

Last edited:
"community projects" aren't called that, but instead something else which.... i can't remember ugh. it was three words though. (i'm sorry!!) the rules for your town, like "beautiful town, night owl town, early bird town, and wealthy town" were called "ordinances." he went to the island a few times, and kapp'n sung two songs about guys showing off their biceps to girls as a contest, and kissing himself in the mirror for practice but his neighbors can see him so he's worried that they think he's a weirdo.

Community projects are now apparently called 'Public Work Projects'

Here is video footage from the event: http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=197775

Ya, I know, we've seen all that before BUT...its all in English, which I really love! After seeing this game, mostly, in Japanese for awhile now, its amazing to see the translated dialogue. *sigh* June is so close, yet still so far away.
0:15 - Couldn't help but notice the speaker mention "You can get short sleeves, long sleeves, pants, shorts, dresses..for ladies," so I'm thinking NoA may have possibly added gender-locked items in the game.

Also not a fan of them changing 'Community Projects' to 'Public Works Projects'- such a mouthful to say imo. I'll still be referring them as community projects anyway.

Back