• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Animalia Chronicles Day 700: A happy Harvest Festival!

Born2BWild

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Tasty Cake
Winter Mittens
Happy Home Designer Token
Easter Egg
Yellow Candy
June Birthstone (Pearl)
Cake
Orange (Fruit)
Pear (Fruit)
And I'm officially back to blogging! What a coincidence that by choosing the Harvest Festival to begin with, it also marked my 700th day in my town of Animalia! It's mind-boggling how long I've been playing with this same town, and I certainly don't intend on stopping anytime soon. Anyway, ON WITH THE RECAP!

Yesterday, of course, was the Harvest Festival! I unfortunately had to work on Thanksgiving, but not until later in the day, which gave me some time to play the game (and be with my family!) in the A.M. hours. After finding my daily fossils and mushrooms, I headed to the plaza to find Chef Franklin, in need of my assistance with his dinner preparation.

View attachment 236567

His first course was a mixed salad, so I had to round up an apple, a skinny mushroom, and vinegar. Upon going around to check on villagers inside their houses cooking, I was surprised to run across Savannah! She'd been sick for the past two days, and I'd only taken her two doses of medicine--no third!

View attachment 236568

Either I missed a day of her being sick and didn't know it, or the game makes every villager well for the Harvest Festival. Either way, it's pretty neat--even if it means you don't get a reward from them for making them well.

Anyhow, I found the salad ingredients rather quickly, and took them back to Franklin. I wasn't aware of what the secret ingredient might be, so I just gave him a flat mushroom I'd picked up earlier. He seemed to like it, even though it wasn't the preferred secret ingredient. As thanks, he gave me a harvest dresser, and told me the ingredients for the soup course (tom yum koong).

View attachment 236569

I was more than a little annoyed at having to dig my long-forgotten diving suit out of storage in order to find a lobster, but I did, and set about searching. First, I went to my villagers' homes to see if they'd give me a lobster, and save me from diving. While snooping around, I found that Lolly really does look super cute in her chef's outfit!

View attachment 236570

Tell me you wouldn't love to be served by that face! :D

Anyhow, my villagers gave me the vinegar and even the skinny mushroom, but no lobster. Sighing, I headed to the ocean to begin the process of diving. Now, as you may know, lobster are pretty rare, and they're also fast. It took me a good 30 minutes to find a stinking shadow big enough, and when I did, IT SWAM PAST THE ROPES. Grrrrrr.... After literally almost an HOUR of looking, I finally found a lobster, and took it back to Franklin.

View attachment 236571

No, but I do have a lobster that I want to shove where the sun don't shine! :mad:

Seriously, I did find out that the secret ingredient was coconut, and since Walker had given me one in my futile quest to find a lobster by talking to my villagers, I gave it to Franklin, who said it turned out to be the best tom yum koong he'd ever cooked. It better had been, with all the trouble I had retrieving that annoying lobster! After getting a fruit basket for my trouble (hardly worth it, since I already have one!), it was time for the main course: pan-fried flounder. He needed olive flounder, a flat mushroom, and flour, which I found with little trouble. As a secret ingredient, I gave him some butter that I'd gotten (seriously, fish with melted butter is amazing), but that was apparently not the ingredient he was looking for. Regardless, he gave me a harvest chair, and it was finally time for dessert.

I needed bananas, lemons and sugar for a banana tart, and found them all relatively easily. I also got several beehives from my villagers, and learned that the beehive was indeed the secret ingredient--or rather, honey from the beehive was. If it truly was the beehive, I believe I'd be skipping dessert! Since I'd already made such a perfect soup, I wondered if I'd get something besides harvest furniture for having a perfect dessert as well. Alas, that wasn't the case--even though I gave him a beehive to use, he simply gave me a harvest sofa as a reward. But still, the dinner we cooked up looked simply fantastic.

View attachment 236572

Nom nom nom!

After this, I played a few more games with my villagers who were indoors cooking, then headed off to be with my family and sample a few superb dishes of my own before I had to go to work. However, I did come back to the game after I got home to see what my villagers had to say. They all seemed to agree that the Harvest Festival was a success: particularly Astrid.

View attachment 236573

Banana tart is her favorite? I guess she has a very sophisticated palette. :)

Anyhow, that was my Thanksgiving/Harvest Festival in Animalia! I'll be back tomorrow to tell you all about the following days in November. Until then, I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving, and I'll see you soon!

Attachments

• 3DS Pics 004.JPG
    3DS Pics 004.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 3DS Pics 007.JPG
    3DS Pics 007.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 16
  • 3DS Pics 016.JPG
    3DS Pics 016.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 3DS Pics 021.JPG
    3DS Pics 021.JPG