• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Any news for Europe?

LilyElizabeth

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Small Mailbox
Sorry if someone has already asked this but after the American nintendo direct on the 25th, have Europe heard anything?

I'm gutted that America have been given a Q1 release date and Europe is still just "2013" :( Anyone have any information?

Thanks.

Maybe the game hasn't struken enough popularity in Europe to cause them to speak about the Europe release? I dont know.

I'd be worried if I was you. Hopefully Nintendo doesnt do this again

Animal Crossing Wild World: NA December 5, 2005
Animal Crossing Wild World: EU March 31, 2006

EDIT:

Basically 4 months after NA got it.

It will most likely be released a few days before or after the US for EU. Certainly no more than 2 weeks. Don't worry.

OK, first of all, who the faq says that AC NL is coming Q1 in NA? WHO? Early 2013 or first part 2013 doesn't mean this. These stupid "When is..."-threads have to end. (Sadly, there are so much more threads that are really questionable...)
People, just be patient!! Is that so hard? Go, find other hobbies, this game won't come anytime soon! And this game will never come 'months after the NA release, they will come at the same time, a gap of 2 weeks on the highest. If you would go for this, NL would come 2 weeks after the JP release (like WW *uglyface*). Guess what, it doesn't!!!!!!!!!!! BE PATIENT.

I don't think there's anything to be worried about. I imagine we will be getting the game at least a week afterwards at the most. Maybe two weeks later in the worst case scenario.

The period of time between the American and Europe animal crossing releases has been reducing for every version that comes out.

Because the American Nintendo Direct is english, it's understandable for Europe too, why should they make two english announcements what say the same thing? I don't think the two releases will be that far apart from each other, and if they are.. you can always import a copy from America. :") (Or is that region locked I don't know.. )

For the NA release, I am thinking that first part of 2013 will mean just that...early in the year, probably Q1. I would not think that the European release is going to be too far from that. I am sure they will make an announcement soon.

AC:NL hasn't been confirmed for Q1 in NA. Early 2013 doesn't necessarily mean Q1. Anything in the FIRST half of 2013 could be considered early simply because its the first half of the year and not the last. I hope it's Q1, but I'm also trying to look at it realistically.

That said, who knows when it'll come out for Europe. There's many more languages to translate to. Could be the same day, could be months later like WW was.

Well, the Let's Go To The City release was pretty far off, so I'm actually a little worried here. (I live in the UK)

EU - 5th December, 2008
NA - 16th November, 2008

I really hoping that Australia (where I live) gets ACNL just after America.

Well, the Let's Go To The City release was pretty far off, so I'm actually a little worried here. (I live in the UK)

EU - 5th December, 2008
NA - 16th November, 2008

19 days?

Try 2 years for the gamecube version and 4 months for Wild World. Compared to that 19 days is nothing.

If we're to believe the trend the distance between Europe and America will likely be lower than 19. Also consider that more and more often big Nintendo published games are being released (in America & Europe) within days of each other now.

19 days?

Try 2 years for the gamecube version and 4 months for Wild World. Compared to that 19 days is nothing.

If we're to believe the trend the distance between Europe and America will likely be lower than 19. Also consider that more and more often big Nintendo published games are being released (in America & Europe) within days of each other now.

Well, it's not like I said "The release date was a big difference in dates."
I said "pretty far off", which doesn't exactly mean 4 months or 2 years.

Anyway, I'm sure we're not going to wait so much longer than NA, because for the other 3DS games, they've been quite close.

AC:NL hasn't been confirmed for Q1 in NA. Early 2013 doesn't necessarily mean Q1. Anything in the FIRST half of 2013 could be considered early simply because its the first half of the year and not the last. I hope it's Q1, but I'm also trying to look at it realistically.

That said, who knows when it'll come out for Europe. There's many more languages to translate to. Could be the same day, could be months later like WW was.

I am looking at it realistically. We already know that it will be out in a little over a week in Japan. It would be bad marketing to let it go too long after they announce it as coming to NA (and I am a marketing student, so I do understand this concept). They are probably going to do something similar to what they did in Japan and give us a little more with each ND. I would expect that the next ND (that looks at 3DS games, because I expect the next one to stress WiiU) will give us the release date, and I half expect it to be late February. That is 4 months from now, and probably the limit of what they can do before they have a bunch of angry consumers.

Edit: I just had a thought, too....Europe has been told Spring, 2013 (if I remember correctly). With that being the case, I would expect NA will be something close, especially looking at the trends in release that has been brought up.

Last edited:
OK, first of all, who the faq says that AC NL is coming Q1 in NA? WHO? Early 2013 or first part 2013 doesn't mean this. These stupid "When is..."-threads have to end. (Sadly, there are so much more threads that are really questionable...)
People, just be patient!! Is that so hard? Go, find other hobbies, this game won't come anytime soon! And this game will never come 'months after the NA release, they will come at the same time, a gap of 2 weeks on the highest. If you would go for this, NL would come 2 weeks after the JP release (like WW *uglyface*). Guess what, it doesn't!!!!!!!!!!! BE PATIENT.

Please be more patient with others. There's no need to get mad at someone for not knowing the most up to date release dates.

I am looking at it realistically. We already know that it will be out in a little over a week in Japan. It would be bad marketing to let it go too long after they announce it as coming to NA (and I am a marketing student, so I do understand this concept). They are probably going to do something similar to what they did in Japan and give us a little more with each ND. I would expect that the next ND (that looks at 3DS games, because I expect the next one to stress WiiU) will give us the release date, and I half expect it to be late February. That is 4 months from now, and probably the limit of what they can do before they have a bunch of angry consumers.

Edit: I just had a thought, too....Europe has been told Spring, 2013 (if I remember correctly). With that being the case, I would expect NA will be something close, especially looking at the trends in release that has been brought up.

Last I heard for Europe was first half..same as us in the US. I do hope it comes out in February-March at the latest, but I guess the pessimist in me won't let me believe that's the case.

I will gladly eat my words if I'm wrong though.

Well, it's not like I said "The release date was a big difference in dates."
I said "pretty far off", which doesn't exactly mean 4 months or 2 years.

Anyway, I'm sure we're not going to wait so much longer than NA, because for the other 3DS games, they've been quite close.

I would class "pretty far off" as at least 2 months and more likely 3-4 months.

Less than a month isn't pretty far off. :confused:

Back