• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Anyone else still resetting?

Anyone still resetting? I'm almost 12 hours into the process (got the game only a day ago) and insanity is starting to set in. Would love to hear I'm not the only one looking for a very specific combination that will likely need 100+ hours to get.

I only reset for my native fruit, but I also got lucky with the airport color. Is there even anything that could need that long? Afaik there are only 25 variants of the map that shouldn't have too many differences. The only thing that really matters is the residential area anyway. Time travelers said that everything else can be changed.

I'm not resetting any longer (been with my current map for 4 days now), but I can sympathize with people who take awhile to find their perfect town. I had very certain specifications that I wanted. Yellow airport, cherries or pears, dock on the right side, peninsula on the very top left side, airport fairly centered along the bottom, a river that started on either side and ended on the bottom (didn't want the double bottom outlets). I didn't care about starting villagers or river shape since those are things that can be changed. I also decided to let the location of the town services plaza be random. I felt very happy to be able to find a map that fit all of my wishlist items within the first day!

I do not think it has any impact on your fruit or airport colors. Originally I was choosing "something to enterain" me each time but then I switched to a "sleeping bag" and the results felt as random as before.

Alrighty, thank you! I so far went with the "something to kill time"-option exclusively and it feels totally random, but I thought other options maybe had different percentages for each fruit or color. I seem to end up with cherries and red airports a lot.

I only reset for my native fruit, but I also got lucky with the airport color. Is there even anything that could need that long? Afaik there are only 25 variants of the map that shouldn't have too many differences. The only thing that really matters is the residential area anyway. Time travelers said that everything else can be changed.
Most (all?) maps have a mirror version. I've seen "my" map three times today now and hidden beach position, peninsula position and dock side were different for each in addition to fruit and airport color, so there is quite a bit of variation. So it's not just river exits and residential services that are fixed.

I'm not resetting any longer (been with my current map for 4 days now), but I can sympathize with people who take awhile to find their perfect town. I had very certain specifications that I wanted. Yellow airport, cherries or pears, dock on the right side, peninsula on the very top left side, airport fairly centered along the bottom, a river that started on either side and ended on the bottom (didn't want the double bottom outlets). I didn't care about starting villagers or river shape since those are things that can be changed. I also decided to let the location of the town services plaza be random. I felt very happy to be able to find a map that fit all of my wishlist items within the first day!
Hey, someone else who wants the peninsula on the top left! And it sounds like you had a really good mix of things you cared about and things you didn't mind which made it not too difficult to find a map you loved. Congrats on finding it!

Got what I wanted this morning!

I got lucky earlier today. I got:

1) Beach with no smaller rocks impeding movement (big sandy areas :) )
2) RS in the middle of the map
3) river outlets in south and west with the docks in the east.
4) Have the outstretch of land facing the ocean in the middle of the map on the west side (which is what I wanted. I don't like it when it is too far north. I prefer a central location)
5) Blue airport
6) PEACHES!

It is literally the perfect map for me. I am so happy and glad I can stop resetting my game every 5 minutes. :)

Last edited:
I got lucky earlier today. I got:

1) Beach with no smaller rocks impeding movement (big sandy areas :) )
2) RS in the middle of the map
3) river outlets in south and west with the docks in the east.
4) Have the outstretch of land facing the ocean in the middle of the map on the west side (which is what I wanted. I don't like it when it is too far north. I prefer a central location)
5) Blue airport
6) PEACHES!

It is literally the perfect map for me. I am so happy and glad I can stop resetting my game every 5 minutes. :)

OMG congrats! That sounds awesome! I'm so happy to hear someone got their perfect map! I'm 25 hours into resetting now and still no luck for me - I got "my" map only five times yesterday. The dock and peninsula were sometimes in bad spots, but I would have been able to live with that, but no peaches and/or blue airport remains unacceptable for me. I can only imagine how awesome it must feel to finally be able to stop resetting and enjoy the game.:D Hope I can get the same luck as you soon!

Don't give up

OMG congrats! That sounds awesome! I'm so happy to hear someone got their perfect map! I'm 25 hours into resetting now and still no luck for me - I got "my" map only five times yesterday. The dock and peninsula were sometimes in bad spots, but I would have been able to live with that, but no peaches and/or blue airport remains unacceptable for me. I can only imagine how awesome it must feel to finally be able to stop resetting and enjoy the game.:D Hope I can get the same luck as you soon!

Keep going at it. You will get it eventually. My only advice is DO NOT COMPROMISE. I did that a couple of times, then tried playing and then went back to resetting. Trust me, if you aren't happy in the first couple of hours, you will never be happy. It is better to reset now, then give up a year into your town, as you will be so invested. Put in the hard hours now, grab a coffee, and grind until it's done ;)

Keep going at it. You will get it eventually. My only advice is DO NOT COMPROMISE. I did that a couple of times, then tried playing and then went back to resetting. Trust me, if you aren't happy in the first couple of hours, you will never be happy. It is better to reset now, then give up a year into your town, as you will be so invested. Put in the hard hours now, grab a coffee, and grind until it's done ;)

Thanks so much for the motivation! I was out all day yesterday, so not much got done, but today I was going for 10 hours and still nothing. Got my map a few times, but I keep being cursed with a green airport and cherries. It's like 95% of all attempts are cherries. And I'm trying my map every single time it appears (which is, on average, once every two hours or so), even if I'm not happy with the peninsula position and that's already a compromise I might regret. At this point, I feel that it'll be April until I can finally play and I'll miss all March critters and the easter event and that's so sad. :( I really wish there'd be a way to influence things more, it sucks so much that things are so random.

Back