• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Pokémon Anyone Replaying Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Before the Remakes Release?

Holla

Salmon Run Survivalist
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Night Sky Scenery
Night Sky Scenery
Galaxy Cupcake
Night Sky Scenery
Night Sky Scenery
White Star Fragment
Pink Star Fragment
Purple Star Fragment
Blue Star Fragment
Green Star Fragment
I’m just curious to see if anyone else plans on replaying Pokémon Diamond, Pearl or Platinum before Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl release?

I grew up with gen 3 and 4 as a kid/pre-teen and replaying Emerald before Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire was a real treat. The other day after the Pokémon presents video for the gen 4 remakes I got the urge to replay my copy of Diamond.

Thinking about it though I remembered just how slow Diamond plays (the surf speed especially ugh!) and how the plot isn’t the greatest. I know they fixed a ton of these problems in Platinum so I’ve since bought a used copy of it. It has yet to arrive but I look forward to playing one of the originals again even if I’ve never played Platinum specifically before. :)

If I still had the copies of any of them, yes...

But I traded in my entire Pokemon game collection back in 2019 to help get my Switch for only $12 out of pocket. It's unfortunate I don't have any of the games besides Pokemon Conquest, Pokemon Ultra Sun, and Pokemon Sword/Shield, but it was worth it.

Honestly one of the main reasons I'm getting the remake. I want to relive my younger days on the big screen! :D

If I still had the copies of any of them, yes...

But I traded in my entire Pokemon game collection back in 2019 to help get my Switch for only $12 out of pocket. It's unfortunate I don't have any of the games besides Pokemon Conquest, Pokemon Ultra Sun, and Pokemon Sword/Shield, but it was worth it.

Honestly one of the main reasons I'm getting the remake. I want to relive my younger days on the big screen! :D

If only I could lend you my copy of Diamond haha. Texas is pretty far away though…

I’m sure the remake will be great especially for those of us who have nostalgia for the originals. I know people felt kinda meh about the gen 3 remakes but I personally loved them along with other nostalgic gen 3 fans. Flaws and all.

I have Pearl but I don't intend to restart my game to play through it before the remakes are released. It wasn't my first game (I played Fire Red and Sapphire first) and playing it for the first time in 2013 I remember it being somewhat of a frustrating experience, idk why. maybe because it's sooooooooo sllloooooowwwwwwwwww (I did love the pokeradar and the underground area though). I wish I had platinum instead of pearl.

I'm prob gonna get Brilliant Diamond since I've never had a game where I could catch Dialga lol. hopefully it's more on par with Platinum and offers a better experience than Pearl did.

I have Pearl but I don't intend to restart my game to play through it before the remakes are released. It wasn't my first game (I played Fire Red and Sapphire first) and playing it for the first time in 2013 I remember it being somewhat of a frustrating experience, idk why. maybe because it's sooooooooo sllloooooowwwwwwwwww (I did love the pokeradar and the underground area though). I wish I had platinum instead of pearl.

I'm prob gonna get Brilliant Diamond since I've never had a game where I could catch Dialga lol. hopefully it's more on par with Platinum and offers a better experience than Pearl did.

Yeah I don’t blame you for not wanting to restart. Diamond and Pearl were so darn slow ugh. I first played Diamond in 2009. I remember going to the store to buy it and they had Platinum as well but I ended up buying Diamond as it was a little cheaper and I preferred Dialga as the cover legend. Really wish I had picked up Platinum now instead haha. Sure I’ll have a copy of it here soon but older Pokémon games are just so expensive nowadays.

I hope you enjoy the remakes. :)

I sold off my original Diamond version a long time ago. I played the Platinum ROM around a year ago thinking we would get remakes and not remasters. I was thinking about downloading the Diamond ROM to "prepare" myself but many things are just different. New Pokemon forms, new moves, new abilities, even a new typing. A lot has changed after 4 gens. A lot of what made DP "hard" like Cynthia will be scaled down in the remaster. The Save ("saving a lot of data...") in Gen 4 was the absolute worst, I don't think I want to relive that. I might as well wait until it comes out for nostalgia or get Legends instead for a new experience.

I'm actually currently playing both Platinum and Soulsilver since I got a hold of two DS's that can trade with. I'm excited for the 3D games, but the 2D Gen IV games hold a special place in my heart.

I considered it since I never really played Diamond and Pearl, only Platinum. But I already am choosing Turtwig since this is my third Sinnoh playthrough. Also, my copy of Diamond was used to try a lot of cheats, and I kind of glitched everything out, so I don't know if it would actually still be fully functional if I restart the save file.

I'm actually currently playing both Platinum and Soulsilver since I got a hold of two DS's that can trade with. I'm excited for the 3D games, but the 2D Gen IV games hold a special place in my heart.

Awesome! I definitely want to play SoulSilver again sometime soon too as I really like that one.

I have to agree with you about the 2D vs 3D games. Gen 3 and 4 were the sweet spot for me. Games before that lack a lot of quality of life and features, but games after that start to get too easy/handholdy. Gen 5 is a awkward in-between so it's ok though the graphic style and city theme of gen 5 was never really to my tastes.

I replayed Pokemon Platinum last year, so I’ve been playing a fan made mod for the game in order to keep things fresh. While Diamond and Pearl are pretty clunky, Platinum has aged wonderfully. Even after the remakes are released that game will still be a viable option for fans of the Sinnoh region.

I replayed Pokemon Platinum last year, so I’ve been playing a fan made mod for the game in order to keep things fresh. While Diamond and Pearl are pretty clunky, Platinum has aged wonderfully. Even after the remakes are released that game will still be a viable option for fans of the Sinnoh region.

I'm glad to hear Platinum has aged well. Makes me feel better about buying a copy recently when I already have Diamond. Looks like I last replayed Diamond in 2016 and yeah I remember it being so sluggish so while I want to replay it again now Platinum sounds much more tolerable.

I won’t be getting the remakes, but I had a lot of fun with Diamond and Platinum those many years ago. I remember trading with someone very early on in order to get a Totodile for my team, which resulted in me choosing Chimchar as my starter. I be was able to obtain my Totodile before the first gym battle.

My copy of Platinum will be ready for pickup at the post office after work tomorrow. I’m pumped!

Perfect timing too as I’m on the final map for Fire Emblem Echoes Shadows of Valentia and my plan was to finish replaying that first before diving into Platinum.

I am also planning on replying them, For a bit I was playing platnium but stopped. I was so stroked playing again as I even found a shiny Duskull that I added to my team.(Nearly had a panic attack)
I am planning to reset pearl and diamond and heartgold to experience it again.

I'm planning on getting Shining Pearl first, and using Piplup, as when I very first played I remember using piplup but gave up using them in the end as, as I was having a problem not knowing how to use it properly.

My copy of Platinum will be ready for pickup at the post office after work tomorrow. I’m pumped!

Perfect timing too as I’m on the final map for Fire Emblem Echoes Shadows of Valentia and my plan was to finish replaying that first before diving into Platinum.
I hope you enjoy it! Platinum is, to me personally, the peak of Pokemon. Awesome Pokemon, stellar music, great story and it doesn't hold your hand.

I hope you enjoy it! Platinum is, to me personally, the peak of Pokemon. Awesome Pokemon, stellar music, great story and it doesn't hold your hand.

Thanks! I just got it last night and I’m really liking it so far. It’s basically what I remember about Diamond but better. My fave gens are 3 and 4 so I won’t be disappointed. :)

Was playing through Platinum last month but got stuck on the Elite 4, easily why it’s the hardest Pokémon game.

Regarding BDSP, I *want* Shining Pearl but at the same time I’m just not sure if it’s 100% worth it. When it came to HGSS and ORAS those were two Pokémon games I never really got to play, Platinum is one I’ve been replaying since I was 8. May need 1 more trailer to make a decision.

For unfortunate reasons, I don't have anymore of my ds or 3ds games, so no.

Back