• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Pokémon Anyone Replaying Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Before the Remakes Release?

I don't play Pearl because I already finished the National Dex, although I still play Platinum once in a while. I don't think the Gen 4 games had the best plot, but the previous Pokemon games didn't have a good story either. In Gen 1 and 2, Team Rocket just stole Pokemon for world domination and in the Hoenn games, Team Magma and Aqua just wanted to expand the land and ocean. I think the older games are focused more on battling and catching Pokemon rather than the story. I didn't like the slowness of Diamond and Pearl, but I think Platinum fixed this issue. Another common issue I hear people complain about is the lack of fire type Pokemon in the Gen 4 games. Obviously, Diamond and Pearl lacked fire types since the only fire Pokemon available pre-Elite 4 is Ponyta, but not Platinum. In Platinum, you can obtain Infernape, Rapidash, Flareon, Magmortar, and Houndoom, all of which can be caught before the fifth gym leader. So I suggest people play Platinum instead of Diamond and Pearl.

Anyway, I look forward to the Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl games as well as Pokemon Legends: Arceus.

I have my 3DS and pokemon platinum but I barely remember the game so I don't want to spoil it for myself when I get it new on the switch in November. It'll be like playing a brand new game.

Back