• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Approaching the One Year Anniversary, what will you think if there aren't any big updates coming?

But like there are many features which we love that haven’t been in all AC entries. Brewster wasn’t even on the original. Minigames/Tortimer island was introduced in NL.

I want NPC’s back as much as anybody else, but I see lots of people pushing the narrative that NH lacks content and it irks me. I’m sure a lot of those critics would probably stop playing WW, CF and GCN because of the lack of content.
I’m aware that a lot of features were introduced in NL but previous games also still had lots of things to do. Out of all of them WW is probably the one with the least content but even that has more villager personality and interactions than NH.

When you play the previous titles it’s startling just have bare and empty NH is.

I don't know.

But I hope they'll add some major stuff, especially for us players who've been playing for a while.

An addition of normal DIYs would be nice, as well as new critterpedia (maybe an extra page for bugs, fish and sea creatures) as well as art, just to get me excited about the game again since I've finished my museum and collected all DIYs at this point!

I’m aware that a lot of features were introduced in NL but previous games also still had lots of things to do. Out of all of them WW is probably the one with the least content but even that has more villager personality and interactions than NH.

When you play the previous titles it’s startling just have bare and empty NH is.

Er, no? What lots of things to do? What other things were you able to do in WW, GCN and CF (besides going to the city hub in CF)

NH is literally a game in the Animal Crossing series. Whilst every AC game is different (and that’s not a bad thing!) you expect a certain level of continuity.
It’s like playing the next Elders Scroll game and finding out that “ooops no, I know you usually get several different races to choose from but this time round there’s just 3. And I know you use to be able to use magic from the get go but this time round we’ll be adding it in a update at some point in the coming years, but who knows when. And I know that last time you could make relationships with NPCs but this time they’re more just there for atheistic reasons. Hope that’s okey. But yeah definitely, the games still gonna be just as expensive as previous titles to buy.”
You're right NH is an AC game but it has a completely different concept from every other ac game. If I'll be honest I think NH is an experiment to see how people would react to updates instead of pre installed stuff

They had Mario images on the "Next Update" page, so I think that the Anniversary Update will have Nintendo items.

Right now the game has been pretty stale and last year all we kept getting was event updates. Sure they were fun but over time it just got really stale when there is a lack of new features that helps improve the gameplay. My friends have stopped playing the game because they found it too repetitive and just nothing much else to do. Same with me I completed my Museum 100%, found all the villagers I wanted, and made my island the way I wanted but the problem is there is no reason for me to keep playing the game everyday.

The point is I hope in March 2021 they actually try to improve on the game through the biggest issues it has. Like being able to bulk craft multiple items, have more shop upgrades, improve interaction with our villagers, giving us different rewards instead of nook miles, and have more apps on our Nookphone to use. I know people are very divided when it comes to New Horizions not really standing out from past AC games. I get they are different in their own unique way but the thing is the game needs a big update if Nintendo wants to encourage people to play the game longer. With event updates that is not enough and considering how many people were not too thrilled with the Festivale update it shows how people want more things for this game. They don't "hate" the game they just wanted it to be better.

In Conclusion while New Horizions is a good game the first time over time you just feel like you're stuck with nothing to do and you just feel like repeating the same stuff over and over until there is a new update. I just hope Nintendo realizes this because I cannot stress this enough the game needs serious imprveoment.

Just a headsup, I read an interview from November where a higher up at Nintendo was commenting on a slight drop off of New Horizon sales, and he said they would respond to that by accelerating new content.
Post automatically merged:

It’s Mario items (for the Mario anniversary). I’m guessing: star, mushroom, hopefully M&L hats.

A Tanooki suit from Super Mario World seems like a given.

Last edited:
I hope it's more than that. That's a boring ass update if you ask me lol

Don't expect more. They're telling us is a Mario update with Mario themed items, so that's about what we're gonna get. Anything more is just setting yourself up for a big disappointment. And I don't mean to say it in a snarky way, but I've been disappointed by previous updates as well (expecting more).

Don't expect more. They're telling us is a Mario update with Mario themed items, so that's about what we're gonna get. Anything more is just setting yourself up for a big disappointment. And I don't mean to say it in a snarky way, but I've been disappointed by previous updates as well (expecting more).
Yeah I know. I don't care for Mario as a whole funny enough so the March update will be utter crap to me 🤷‍♀️

Just a headsup, I read an interview from November where a higher up at Nintendo was commenting on a slight drop off of New Horizon sales, and he said they would respond to that by accelerating new content.
I assume this is the reason they are locking so much content behind the code then. It makes sense since, for them, this is merely marketing. They know people want more content but as long as the game sells they don't need to go ham on the game, instead, they'll drop more to grab attention in a drought season. Now I don't know how well this sits with the general public though, I'm not sure the Game as a Service model is really working for people more than it seems to get people a little frustrated from what I see.

It’s Mario items (for the Mario anniversary). I’m guessing: star, mushroom, hopefully M&L hats.
Announcer: Next update you can wear hats! Stay tuned!

I've made a few jokes that they will just drop the Big bro and Little bro hat in the next update, but that would actually be an insult to only get those. Especially because you can pretty much make a Mario and Luigi hat with the qr designer being so customizable now.

I assume this is the reason they are locking so much content behind the code then. It makes sense since, for them, this is merely marketing. They know people want more content but as long as the game sells they don't need to go ham on the game, instead, they'll drop more to grab attention in a drought season. Now I don't know how well this sits with the general public though, I'm not sure the Game as a Service model is really working for people more than it seems to get people a little frustrated from what I see.
I mean we kind of knew this is what they were angling with from the get-go. I am sure if the lock-down didn't happen they would had been forced to drop more stuff out. They just brought it out at the right time.

Announcer: Next update you can wear hats! Stay tuned!

I've made a few jokes that they will just drop the Big bro and Little bro hat in the next update, but that would actually be an insult to only get those. Especially because you can pretty much make a Mario and Luigi hat with the qr designer being so customizable now.

I mean we kind of knew this is what they were angling with from the get-go. I am sure if the lock-down didn't happen they would had been forced to drop more stuff out. They just brought it out at the right time.

I actually hope they include the M&L hats. I love them! I usted to wear them a lot back in WW and CF, lol.

Is it this interview?

Personally, I think ACNH was always a complete game with many great supplemental updates. While I do find it weird that the game had so much "cut" content, it's pretty much inevitable. While I hope there will be one, I won't really mind if there's not (though it seems like they might try to spin the Mario update as like an anniversary celebration). I've had fun playing, and that's what matters to me.

I actually hope they include the M&L hats. I love them! I usted to wear them a lot back in WW and CF, lol.
Don't get me wrong, I think it would be cool if they brought them back to. I liked the Metroid costume, Zelda, and Mario stuff. And how they would make unique sounds of the game whenever you put them on. Like the Zelda you found a treasure SE when you put on his boots. But I feel like they won't even bother to put that much effort in it.

Back