• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Approaching the One Year Anniversary, what will you think if there aren't any big updates coming?

Given his RV was food-themed in the Welcome Amiibo update and his entire "starving artist" schtick, I'd love to see Wendell return as a chef.

My boy finally managed to get himself some food.
I was about to say this. Like they didn't introduce Wendell for the designs in dreams so they might be holding him back so he would trade fruits for food DIYs, how cute would that be? I feel like it would fit the theme so well, something like Gulliver where he gives you items from all around the world, but Wendell does so for national foods! I would love a food truck too as RollingAntony said. Honestly, I'm a little too excited about the updates, I'll take whatever and I'm sure they know what they are doing, as right now this is just having some fun brainstorming!

I was about to say this. Like they didn't introduce Wendell for the designs in dreams so they might be holding him back so he would trade fruits for food DIYs, how cute would that be? I feel like it would fit the theme so well, something like Gulliver where he gives you items from all around the world, but Wendell does so for national foods! I would love a food truck too as RollingAntony said. Honestly, I'm a little too excited about the updates, I'll take whatever and I'm sure they know what they are doing, as right now this is just having some fun brainstorming!
That’s a great idea I can definitely see Wendell with a food truck. It would be great way to bring him back and get some food items in the game.

That’s a great idea I can definitely see Wendell with a food truck. It would be great way to bring him back and get some food items in the game.
I dont know who Wendell is, but i like these ideas of an NPC that allows you access to food items for decorating.

I dont know who Wendell is, but i like these ideas of an NPC that allows you access to food items for decorating.
This is Wendell he is a wandering artist who is always hungry.
147BD68B-E239-4DB3-8952-09348A2D80CF.jpeg

That's definitely an opinion

Which I don't agree with, because NL bored me much quicker and it got old real fast personally, but that's just how it is, not everyone can think the same; I just don't think it's fair to put it as if it was an objective fact like that when it clearly isn't

EDIT: just to clarify I'm not saying it's perfect or that it isn't missing content, it clearly is. But yet I still am having more fun with it, probably because of the larger amount of creative options; you can't customize half as much as you can in New Horizons in any previous game of the series and that's the one part I'm enjoying the most, and the nook miles thing does make it much more fun for me to complete challenges that have always been optional (completing the critterpedia, etc) but that I really didn't find any reason to complete in previous games. Maybe if the meow thing in NL had come with the first release I would've also enjoyed that in that game, but honestly the welcome amiibo update came out too late for me to care, I had already gotten over the game at that point

What I am saying is that it's still a good game even if it's missing stuff, which only means that it could be a freakin masterpiece if they chose to release everything that's missing. And honestly I don't think they should miss that oportunity because this game has the freaking potential to be an absolutely perfect Animal Crossing experience in my opinion
I deleted my game after THREE DAYS before giving it another go.

It normally takes three years before I give up and delete a town.

You think it walks on water, and I think it blows goats the way it is now.

Agree to disagree.

Last edited:
All I say is who cares who does what with NH. If someone hates it okay if someone loves it okay. I think this game will just take more patience to get better. 🤷‍♀️

Exactly, a rushed cash grab, and empty promises.
The community aspect is all but gone, the villagers are cardboard stands, they let us decorate everywhere, but got rid of almost all furniture, they gave us terraforming, but then limits us to 8 slopes, and 8 bridges.
And don't even get me started on the limited QR slots, they should really allow us to have more, just put an item for expanded QR slots in the NM shop already!
The only update I cared about were the bush update, but that should have really been in the game from the beginning, there's no excuse for withholding content just to pull it out for PR.
It's clear that once they found out how Pocket Camp can print them money NH became the unwanted step child that they rushed out the door, and only give enough attention as to not get reported to CPS.
You can certainly make a beautiful island, but how interesting is it really to have the same small set of furniture littered everywhere, how many fake restaurants, and cafés do you really want?..
It doesn't even come close to NL as a sim game, and it doesn't even have the catalogue to touch HHD.
Hopefully the second year will have actual content updates, instead of this crap where they just gate "events".
New Leaf were a masterpiece, NH feels like it were just phoned in, maybe covid played some role in it, but even so it doesn't excuse the base game being so lacking.

Im honestly kind of worried for the second year “updates”. I feel like it’s far more likely for Nintendo to start charging us for DLC than actually updating the game.

You want Brewster and the Cafe? That’ll be £10 please.
You want the Regal Furniture set? That’ll be £5 please.

And the super frustrating thing is that people will pay it and justify Nintendo’s awful mind set because all we want is a good AC game. It gets me so angry and sad.

Exactly, a rushed cash grab, and empty promises.
The community aspect is all but gone, the villagers are cardboard stands, they let us decorate everywhere, but got rid of almost all furniture, they gave us terraforming, but then limits us to 8 slopes, and 8 bridges.
And don't even get me started on the limited QR slots, they should really allow us to have more, just put an item for expanded QR slots in the NM shop already!
The only update I cared about were the bush update, but that should have really been in the game from the beginning, there's no excuse for withholding content just to pull it out for PR.
It's clear that once they found out how Pocket Camp can print them money NH became the unwanted step child that they rushed out the door, and only give enough attention as to not get reported to CPS.
You can certainly make a beautiful island, but how interesting is it really to have the same small set of furniture littered everywhere, how many fake restaurants, and cafés do you really want?..
It doesn't even come close to NL as a sim game, and it doesn't even have the catalogue to touch HHD.
Hopefully the second year will have actual content updates, instead of this crap where they just gate "events".
New Leaf were a masterpiece, NH feels like it were just phoned in, maybe covid played some role in it, but even so it doesn't excuse the base game being so lacking.

Eh, this is certainly a take. I love NH and personally prefer it over NL. And I lol’d at villagers being cardboards, they’re far more engaging (dialogue included) than NL. And so are NPCs. But hey, we can agree to disagree on this.

Reactions: DVD
Honestly, at this point, all I am gonna do is hoping that Nintendo gets their stuff together and deliver some game changing additions to NH this year, hopefully starting in March. I really enjoy playing this game, ngl it became my favorite AC title over the past months, mainly because I started to get kinda obsessed to terraforming as well as redesigning my island, since I'm getting so many inspirations and ideas which I never could implemented in any previous AC game, simply because of their limits in terms of designing and such.

I'm not sure if there will be a big update for the game's 1st anniversary, of course I hope there will be something. However it wouldn't surprise me if they don't do anything big about it. Right now I just hope the Mario stuff will be good and with the Sanrio amiibo cards coming back, I also hope for a return of the Sanrio villagers along with their furniture (as well as any other amiibo villager).

Im honestly kind of worried for the second year “updates”. I feel like it’s far more likely for Nintendo to start charging us for DLC than actually updating the game.

You want Brewster and the Cafe? That’ll be £10 please.
You want the Regal Furniture set? That’ll be £5 please.

And the super frustrating thing is that people will pay it and justify Nintendo’s awful mind set because all we want is a good AC game. It gets me so angry and sad.
I highly doubt Nintendo would even think to do this. Why would they make up pay for the cafe when all other buildings were free? Why would they make us pay for a furniture set when all others were free? Nintendo may be a cash cow but they aren't stupid. They wouldn't start charging us for DLC when it was free before. That would be a major turn off and they would lose even more consumers of NH. Maybe if it was something exclusive like the Sanrio furniture set yeah that would be more plausible or even exclusive Splatoon DLC of some sort. Something that's out of the ordinary for NH. This idea is silly.

I highly doubt Nintendo would even think to do this. Why would they make up pay for the cafe when all other buildings were free? Why would they make us pay for a furniture set when all others were free? Nintendo may be a cash cow but they aren't stupid. They wouldn't start charging us for DLC when it was free before. That would be a major turn off and they would lose even more consumers of NH. Maybe if it was something exclusive like the Sanrio furniture set yeah that would be more plausible or even exclusive Splatoon DLC of some sort. Something that's out of the ordinary for NH. This idea is silly.
You say that but every other game has had these features included from the get go. There is so much missing and Nintendo seems to prefer the PC style of content release that I honestly wouldn’t be surprised.

You say that but every other game has had these features included from the get go. There is so much missing and Nintendo seems to prefer the PC style of content release that I honestly wouldn’t be surprised.
NH and every other game aren't the same. People shouldn't compare NH to every other game. That's silly

NH and every other game aren't the same. People shouldn't compare NH to every other game. That's silly
NH is literally a game in the Animal Crossing series. Whilst every AC game is different (and that’s not a bad thing!) you expect a certain level of continuity.
It’s like playing the next Elders Scroll game and finding out that “ooops no, I know you usually get several different races to choose from but this time round there’s just 3. And I know you use to be able to use magic from the get go but this time round we’ll be adding it in a update at some point in the coming years, but who knows when. And I know that last time you could make relationships with NPCs but this time they’re more just there for atheistic reasons. Hope that’s okey. But yeah definitely, the games still gonna be just as expensive as previous titles to buy.”

Please note, there's no comparing to different games, like AC vs. Zelda / Mario. There's no comparing to similar games like Staxel, My Time at Portia and there is a discussion about same genre, and more - about another game within franchise.
Would you really expect "silence" and lack of opportunity to express on thoughts?
You may not compare ACNH to anything at all, I will respect this decision - but not everyone is YOU.
For me, personally "silly" (as you said) is accept everything what developers will deliver, no matter if the content is satisfying or not.
If you enjoy this game in current state, I respect this - you have a right to be happy, but different people may have a different expectation and sometime they are different than others.

NH is literally a game in the Animal Crossing series. Whilst every AC game is different (and that’s not a bad thing!) you expect a certain level of continuity.
It’s like playing the next Elders Scroll game and finding out that “ooops no, I know you usually get several different races to choose from but this time round there’s just 3. And I know you use to be able to use magic from the get go but this time round we’ll be adding it in a update at some point in the coming years, but who knows when. And I know that last time you could make relationships with NPCs but this time they’re more just there for atheistic reasons. Hope that’s okey. But yeah definitely, the games still gonna be just as expensive as previous titles to buy.”

But like there are many features which we love that haven’t been in all AC entries. Brewster wasn’t even on the original. Minigames/Tortimer island was introduced in NL.

I want NPC’s back as much as anybody else, but I see lots of people pushing the narrative that NH lacks content and it irks me. I’m sure a lot of those critics would probably stop playing WW, CF and GCN because of the lack of content.

Back