• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Are there any words that you can't stand?

'Moist' seems to be a pretty popular word in the Most Hated category.
I don't like words that have alternate spellings, like 'color' and 'colour', because I can never decide which one is best to use. Do I choose the one that is more common where I live? Do I choose the one I think flows better?

Last edited:
'Sneaked' sounds weird to me, I always wanna say 'snuck' instead.

Last edited:
the c word definitely, and i actually used to hate the word "embarrassed" -- dont ask me why. i have literally no idea. im sure there are other words i hate that i cant think of rn

'Moist' seems to be a pretty popular word in the Most Hated category.
I don't like words that have alternate spellings, like 'color' and 'colour', because I can never decide which one is best to use. Do I choose the one that is more common where I live? Do I choose the one I think flows better?

If I were you, I'd go with the spelling that fits with the situation at hand. Just whatever you feel like should be fine as long as it's correct. I spell grey/gray differently all the time.

Extrordinary. My family makes fun of me saying "extra ordinary" but I hate it so much! It's "extrordinary," it's only one word.

I agree with "moist" being a gross word. I knew a kid whose last name was moist. he was a huge jerk, so please laugh.

i cant stand words that look weird when i try to type them in a sentence
and i dont like words i dont know how to pronounce
LOL
BUT I AGREE WITH THE 'LAD' THING SOMEONE SAID A PAGE BACK

glad there are fellow moist haters

this thread is full of them omg hahaha wasn't there a cartoon where they had swear jars and one of them was for "moist"

Anyway there's a lot of words that make my skin crawl but "hun/sweetie" is pretty much ruined for me b/c stupid ppl love to use them condescendingly in arguments lol

I have lots~

~Chunky
~Fester
~Maggots
~Bulbous
~Womb
~Putrid
~Bulge
~Turd
~Excrete
~Moist

I hate the name Sean because it should be pronounced like seen. Sean Bean's name kills me, it really should rhyme and it annoys me.

Last edited:
Pack. Anything ending in a ck. I was so OCD about that word I actually unsubscribed a YouTuber because of it :(
Also, dumpling. And hairy.

I hate the name Sean because it should be pronounced like seen. Sean Bean's name kills me, it really should rhyme and it annoys me.

---

I hate the words felled and hanged, as well as the f-word used as a homophobic slur

Pretty much every word that people mimic to sound Japanese.

-Kawaii
-Otaku
-Neko
-Desu
-Weeabu? Weeabou? Weeabuu? IDGAF... it just doesn't sound right.

and etc.

I highly doubt everyone speaks that way in Japan. Too many people are like this at my school. They don't actually know a thing about Japan besides from anime.

"Rap".

The sound of it makes my neck twitch. It's like an actual curse word that sums up every thing wrong with society.

I have lots~

~Chunky
~Fester
~Maggots
~Bulbous
~Womb
~Putrid
~Bulge
~Turd
~Excrete
~Moist
These are the exact words I hate. I can't believe you wrote them... Are you reading my mind omg... but it annoys me when people say "moist cake"

Last edited:
Back