• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Are there any words that you can't stand?

the word 'lad' especially when its capitalised.

I am so glad I'm not the only one. ^^ I hate it. It's not really the sound of it, but the whole "lad culture" thing that has stemmed from it, and that you basically have to act like a complete ******* to be a "lad" because it's "well funny". x3 Gah, idk. I just hate it.

I can totally relate to that. My brother has used the word "unstable" to describe me because of my anxiety/depression and it can be really hurtful. I know people don't realize they're being offensive when they call people "crazy" but they are :/

Yeah, and it's gotten even worse since I was diagnosed with BPD (borderline personality disorder) because that's one the disorders where people are a lot quicker to categorize you as crazy just because it's a personality disorder. I've stopped talking to my brother altogether because he said I was crazy and lying about my disorder. I really think this word just needs to be eliminated from peoples' vocabulary because I feel like this where all the stigma about people with mental illnesses and disorders come from.

Literally

People don't know how to use this word correctly and it annoys me!!

Literally

People don't know how to use this word correctly and it annoys me!!

YES
and most people don't say it right either, they say "lichully" and it bugs me off so much

"Poorly" when used to reference being unwell.

Also "whitey", which is a Glaswegian word meaning both vomit itself as well as the act of vomiting.

"Moist" and "flaky" sound like you're describing a pie crust or a biscuit or something.

Er.

I could never bring myself to hate a word- but there are some that I just can't say/type without cringing a little bit. I don't think I can put those words here, though. They're horrifyingly inappropriate.

I absolutely HATE one use of the word "have".
The act of possessing (having things) doesn't bother me at all.
But, I hate when people (mostly teachers) say something like "You HAVE to do this MY way!"

I'll leave it at that before I snap and upload a twenty-page rant.

Moist. Kidding, I don't hate any words just because they sound odd. I think that's silly tbh.

Any words that are harmful towards other people bug me, though.

I've seen people say "harmful words" on here and I'd like to add one to my list as well.

The t-slur. This was prominent in my childhood and I hate it for that.

Last edited:
don't understand why everyone hates 'moist' seems like a bandwagon to me.
mmmmm i have the words crap and crud.. quinoa *shudders*.

- - - Post Merge - - -

and obese. i just cannot stand it. it makes something as simple as being a certain weight sound atrocious.. reminds me of beast. just a hurtful disgusting word.

Some of my moist hated words are: phlegm, cliche, and the sharp c word.

Back