• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Are there any words that you can't stand?

yolo
swag
LOL
vajayjay
kek
based
dank
pigs
selfie

They get old after hearing them millions of times.

Bae, yolo, swag, and sheeple.

In general, I really dislike acronyms and abbreviations used in regular language.

yolo
swag
LOL
vajayjay
kek
based
dank
pigs
selfie

They get old after hearing them millions of times.
yes.who even uses vajayjay.

and yeah any kind of koreaboo slang like bae, kekeke and rubbish. i almost want back the weeaboos lol

No offense, but it is either the Aussies or Brits who say schedule like sh-e-duel instead of sc-e-duel.

Argh it sounds so wrong

Last edited:
when people say "North Cakalaky" when talking about North Carolina I throw up in my mouth and have to restrain myself from punting their asses out of the state.

the p word i dont like, or the c word.

if one were to call me the c word i can guarantee ill never talk to them ever again

non cursing words i guess um
thimble? sounds like youre saying cymbal with a lisp

the p word i dont like, or the c word.

if one were to call me the c word i can guarantee ill never talk to them ever again

non cursing words i guess um
thimble? sounds like youre saying cymbal with a lisp

^ All of this. <3

Honestly my own list would be too long to post here, but it's mostly slang anyway. Why bother. ?\_(ツ)_/?

The word ridiculous. I hate it, for one I can never spell it right and I mean really, it's just a terrible word, even its meaning feels the same way. Also, whether and patient because I spell them both wrong and I think there are two different spellings of patient...correct me if I'm wrong. One is a person, the other is just having patients or being patient.

Moist. - Kidding, the word doesn't bother me that much.
Hun/sweetie/darling, etc.
Pop/soda pop.
Finna.
Teach - I'm such a weirdo, when I was a kid I hated using the word teach in school because I thought someone would think I was using it as a shortened version (slang?) of teacher which for some reason really embarrassed me. Anyway, it doesn't bother me anymore but just thought I'd share. ^^"

Terms like "irregardless" and "long-cut" make me cringe. Although it is a phrase, when people use "I could care less", I just can't help but correct them in my mind. Call me meticulous but it's just really disturbing.

Oh, the word "stipulated" has also become a nuisance to me for some strange reason. I probably heard it way too many times recently.

Plurals of words that end in 'th' are weird for me. I don't know if it's just me but I wind up saying month-ee-zzs when I try to pronounce 'months' the right way so I just say monfs and people either don't notice or care. I don't have this much trouble saying anything else it's just the plurals of word that end in 'th' that I've never quite been able to get right.

Plurals of words that end in 'th' are weird for me. I don't know if it's just me but I wind up saying month-ee-zzs when I try to pronounce 'months' the right way so I just say monfs and people either don't notice or care. I don't have this much trouble saying anything else it's just the plurals of word that end in 'th' that I've never quite been able to get right.
I don't like those words either! I used to have a bit of a lisp when I was younger so those words always killed me when I tried to pronounce them. I've gotten over it but I still think that they're kinda difficult to say regardless.

I hate the word 'perhaps'. When I was younger, I used to get embarrassed whenever I said it for no reason, so I avoided saying it at all. I still do XD

Not really, I can't stand words said in country accents(and the uncle grandpa accent) or country accents in general. I dunno why, I won't just dislike the person because of their accent I just hate the way some words they say sound.

moist or crusty.

oh god, I cringed typing those.

Last edited:
Back