• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Are you going to catalog events?

I think the only time I did one was last Toy Day to get all the toys (though I wouldn't have had to had Cyrus been available then). Other than that, I skip them, and either try and find items myself or seek items individually. Getting all the items at once just feels too easy and, honestly, disappointing to me. I love the thrill of finding that new item you've been looking for! Especially since I haven't looked at a full list of furniture yet and can be surprised by finding stuff in stores and such.

Besides, if I desperately need an item, I have HHP and being able to order from that catalog makes it so easy to find a ton of stuff. Though even that I only do in moderation- so far I've only bought a Froggy Chair that way (needed it for outside Tad's house) and I may order a tractor that way, too, for my farm. But it's a last resort on my main island.

Of course, no judgment to those who do them! I know a lot of people enjoy and appreciate them, and part of the fun of Animal Crossing is being able to play your own way ☺

I haven't played in a bit but this is definitely something I would partake. With thousands of new items in this update, I think it'd be nearly impossible to get everything by yourself. Doesn't mean I wouldn't try first though!

Within the HHP DLC, if you order 150k Poki worth of furniture from the store, you'll unlock the option to order items with Poki directly from a catalog that Wardell gives you. This contains all re-orderable furniture, wallpaper and flooring that you have unlocked to use at the archipelago. Also important to note that the vacation homes you make for villagers unlock more furniture, so naturally you need to make more vacation homes to actually have most/all of the furniture available to you.

Thank you for this explanation! I could not figure this out. It makes sense that you can order the furniture you've unlocked by doing vacation homes. I couldn't see them just offering the whole catalog at once. 150k sounds like a lot, but I'm probably spending 10,000 a day, so that's just a bit over 2 weeks til I get partial access. I need to check what each villager unlocks so I can get the things I want the most first! :)

i’m not, and currently have no plans to. there’s definitely nothing wrong with cataloging events (i’ve been to a few prior to 2.0, and even helped out @/shellbell a bit with theirs), but i’m trying to get as much of the new stuff on my own as i can first before i start going to cataloging events and trading for stuff that i need. :’)

I doubt it. I wanted to restart to gain advantage of the new 2.0 stuff, with Reese & Cyrus customization being a top priority.

I'll add the disclaimer everyone seems to be dropping here...I don't see anything wrong with them.

BUT...I find the people who complain that they're bored of the game are generally the same people who catalog everything new within the first couple days of an update. It's burnout they cause themselves.

Back