• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Are you going to have a themed island?

Are you going to have a themed island?

• Yes

Votes: 45 41.3%
  • No

Votes: 64 58.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I plan on changing things around each season.

Spring will be very whimsical with lots of nature-esque objects and bright pastel colors and lots of light up objects
Summer is going to be a tropical and nautical theme
Autumn is going to spoopy season and will be overrun with mushrooms and creepy objects
Winter is going to be just like a Christmas wonderland

Besides just themes, I plan on having like special areas like an orchard, a concert stage, a zen garden, a whole outside coffee bar venue, etc.

I'm going to want to visit YOUR island multiple times. I love the seasonal theme idea.

I was initially thinking of themes, but after deciding to make myself in-game I just want my island to be the perfect aesthetic representation of myself lol :' ) so I'm going to build the island and get villagers that fit my taste and personality <3

I don?t have any ideas of theme in my head but I know that i will do a symmetrical city thanks to the terraforming

Do we know the character limit for our names? (Player not Island). In New Leaf the limit was 8, and unfortunately, the name I have picked out is 9 characters. (._.)

Last edited:
Do we know the character limit for our names? (Player not Island). In New Leaf the limit was 8, and unfortunately, the name I have picked out is 9 characters. (._.)

I assume ten because one of the pax footage (and some review copies where they had time to play after) had a character called Demetrius, which was nine characters

I'm gonna try for a cutsie military base island. We'll have boot camp and everything.

I'm not planning on doing anything super planned. I want a naturally organic design process. Now, it might change in a few years and I'll redo everything to make it perfectly themed. But, at first, I just want to see how I will naturally decorate.

Probably another zen theme just because I tend to really like those pwps and designs.

No I don't have any plans for a themed island. I'm going to be sharing my island with my boyfriend so I don't want to just take over everything, but he says he doesn't want to mess up the place by placing things wherever. I want to just build a community up with him were we each can design certain areas, maybe have like a little communal garden and hot-springs, some parks and a nice lake with an island in the middle. I'd like to change things up with the seasons and holidays tho, and definitely decorate for x-mas and Halloween. However, I didn't really care for how yard-sale like some of the Nintendo direct and commercials looked, so maybe I will have more landscaping features over tons of furniture outside.

I don't want to overthink my island because I know that's a surefire recipe for burning myself out, but I do want to give it a magical aura. One of the names I'm thinking of might also give it a Venice style theme, where I could use the water-scaping tools to make canals, perhaps. But I'm going to let it happen organically, I think.

My island name & character name are based on my favorite movie but other than that I'm not planning on a theme or planning out my island. Honestly I'm hoping I can use the name I've thought of for my character because I haven't seen anything on the character limit for player names. I know the island name limit is 10.

Sadly no, I'm bad at planning and sticking with themes.

Me too, I don't think I could be committed especially with the change of seasons.

Maybe sometime in the future but for now, I just want to explore all the new features of the game.

I'd like to have a sort of greenhouse/teatime theme lots of plants and places to chat!

I tend to theme my island in like different moments. I try to make little moments for each villager by giving them like a yard or strategically put them around other things

Not sure if I already responded to this thread but I don't really want a general theme, I just want what looks nice to me.

I am not going to have a set theme for my whole island. Each area will have its own little unique theme. I do not want to hinder my creativity over one theme. This game is about enjoying and doing whatever we please.c:

Nah, as much as I like themes I'm constantly changing my mind and can never commit to them. I'm most likely gonna stick with the base tropical island theme.

I'm gonna use a theme for my island, but I'm still thinking about it which one may fit the best.

Back