• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Are you going to Time Travel?

Riyita

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Pear (Fruit)
Just wondering... Will you get less play time if you do? I might do ONLY in the beginning to unlock basic shops... IDK yet. Would you?

I'm going to try my best not to, but I'm pretty sure I will eventually. Not for bells or the stalk market, just for when I run out of things to do in one day.

Last edited:
NEVER!!!!.....except when I first play because it will be midnight and nothing will be open, So i will advance like 8hrs in the future.

No way, the whole point of Animal Crossing is to play it in real time. Plus the game would get boring quicker if I time traveled.

I try not to. Maybe for the first month I'll refrain from time traveling, but the temptation will become too strong eventually and I'll give in :\

I will be. - hears the booing - not constantly, but if I want to play a day or two ahead for a number of reasons then yeah. I don't think people should do it too much, but to each their own. Besides, it's my game, I'm not making anyone else do it. :p city folk kept my interest just fine and I did it then too. I won't be doing it for bells or items though, that stuff ill keep my hands off of. More like for flowers, public works, unlocking buildings faster, ect.

I have a feeling that some people who are saying they won't, eventually or even plan to. I hope not though, it doesn't make ya any better IMO! :) as long as we are all having fun.

If I miss a holiday I will probably travel back a day, but besides that, no time travelling for me.

I will be. - hears the booing - not constantly, but if I want to play a day or two ahead for a number of reasons then yeah. I don't think people should do it too much, but to each their own. Besides, it's my game, I'm not making anyone else do it. :p city folk kept my interest just fine and I did it then too. I won't be doing it for bells or items though, that stuff ill keep my hands off of. More like for flowers, public works, unlocking buildings faster, ect.

I have a feeling that some people who are saying they won't, eventually or even plan to. I hope not though, it doesn't make ya any better IMO! :) as long as we are all having fun.

Same here. I don't think I will to begin with but i'm sure eventually i'll do it just to have more things to do. It kind of bothers me when people alienate those that time travel (and vice versa of course), because really it's just personal preference on how you want to play the game...some people enjoy playing day by day in real time, and some people like skipping around...i'm one of those people usually haha. :) So yeah...i'll see how it goes at first but like Nami said, i'm sure I will eventually because i'll be too impatient when it comes to unlocking buildings and public works projects, etc. :)

I understand why people time travel; it sucks waiting like 2 weeks to get your haircut or 10 days to buy shoes. I've always felt the first month was the most exciting though. I personally don't time travel, but I couldn't possibly care less what others do since it has absolutely zero impact on my experience. I actually think it'd be cool if some people played in real time day to day but did so with their clocks set 3 months ahead or behind. It'd be fun to travel to different villages that were also in different seasons. I could see it encouraging a tighter knit community.

Just to go back and play days I missed thanks to work or other obligations. It won't be for reasons of trying to get bells or items or anything.

I'll only be Time Traveling tonight. I plan on setting my game to 6PM and playing at the adjusted time for the rest of the night, then I'll set the time back to the regular time tomorrow.

Nope. I plan to live day by day. Idc if other people time travel though. If I did end up missing a day for whatever reason I would probably go back. I only plan on playing this game for only one whole year everyday at least. I want to experience every single day. Then I'll take a break and come back eventually.

The first time I time-traveled was in wild world and my town ended up covered in weeds. Since it took so long to clean up that mess, I swore not to time travel again for fear of the weed invasion ;~; . So nope.

I am not going to do it. I don't want weeds popping up in my town or to lose out on the experience. I heard you can rack up bells simply by going to the island and collecting fish/shells/fruit

Back