• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Are you going to Time Travel?

I TT'ed... a few times. Mostly for upgrades and unlockings. I won't TT for events, that's just stupid in my opinion.
And because I did this, I'm not participating in the housing event on the forum because that would be unfair. I may be a time traveler but I have sensibility.

I refuse to time travel.
I only messed around with that in City Folk, which was probably the worst Animal Crossing game ever. I like this game too much to corrupt my town.

I won't be. I regretted doing so in AC:WW. It takes away the appeal for me. I'm happy to just play day by day in real time, as intended. :)

I'm still debating whether it's worth TTing back at the beginning of the game to June 8th/9th. I don't want to keep finding out on here from people who got the game before me when things are going to unlock. And this has the extra advantage of getting the starting influx of villagers sooner before I plan something and they stick their houses there.

I'm getting 2 towns though, so if I do this it'll only be with 1 of them.

EDIT: Scratch that, I think I'd rather be able to sit at my town tree and have it display the glorious date I started playing.

After a year or so if I start tiring of the game I'll probably begin to TT day by day. - mostly to cycle out villagers I don't like quicker, or for missed events.

Last edited:
I time traveled a day then went back to the same day i feel like a cheater!

I broke down and am TTing. I don't feel like a cheater, as I'm not doing it for bells or stalk market stuff. I'll play 3 hours or so on one day, then hop ahead to the next day and repeat. My only rule for myself is I can't change the time.

Being a military wife and my husband currently deployed for 4 more months, being able to keep myself occupied longer in this game is a blessing. And TTing does that for me. /shrug, it's not for everyone. I just hope everyone's enjoying it in their own way. :)

If it makes you enjoy it it more, then there's nothing wrong with it. Do whatever makes you enjoy the game the most, because thats the real point of the game.

I am trying not to. In WW and CF, I had a habit of doing it a ton. But since this is a new game and seems different, I am gonna try not to. There is always stuff to do each day, and the wait is part of the fun. I know I eventually will when the newness and stuff gets old, but for the first week or first month I am not gonna time travel. I am a little upset that I didn't do my down payment on June 9th, but oh well. I am only 1 day behind the croud, which I say is not that bad.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I refuse to time travel.
I only messed around with that in City Folk, which was probably the worst Animal Crossing game ever. I like this game too much to corrupt my town.

I honestly like City Folk, but everything about this game is new, and I agree that I like it too much and it is too new to corrupt lol.

Is there anything actually wrong and detrimental about time traveling? Besides that it may make you get bored of it quicker?

I've always TT. As a kid on the Gamecube to play it real time. Up until the point that I found out you could adjust the time (probably a month or so later). I thought it was more fun that way, and I haven't really gone back ever since then. But now I'm doubting myself.

Is there anything actually wrong and detrimental about time traveling? Besides that it may make you get bored of it quicker?

I've always TT. As a kid on the Gamecube to play it real time. Up until the point that I found out you could adjust the time (probably a month or so later). I thought it was more fun that way, and I haven't really gone back ever since then. But now I'm doubting myself.

It's just a case of morals really, haha. Some say its cheating, others dont. Some say it's an 'exploit', other's dont.

Depends on the person :)

I broke down and am TTing. I don't feel like a cheater, as I'm not doing it for bells or stalk market stuff. I'll play 3 hours or so on one day, then hop ahead to the next day and repeat. My only rule for myself is I can't change the time.

Being a military wife and my husband currently deployed for 4 more months, being able to keep myself occupied longer in this game is a blessing. And TTing does that for me. /shrug, it's not for everyone. I just hope everyone's enjoying it in their own way. :)

TTing will just make you get bored of the game faster.

I'd just rather play it through without time traveling this time around. It keeps it fun that way, IMO. I do get impatient though... We'll see how this goes.

I have not time traveled nor do I plan on doing so. I have already invested over 15 hours into this game in the past 3 days and I only just got my development permit today and am getting the island tomorrow.

I have a little bit, but that's because I was too lazy to wait a day for the permit, for shops to open, etc.
But it's not gonna be an excessive thing. It's really just to get me started off. xD​

I don't plan on time traveling. I always hated to :(
I also get my island tomorrow! I'm super excited for it!

Isn't anyone afraid of disrupting the SPACE-TIME-CONTINUUM?!

images.jpg

My theory is... that bird above is actually the player but stuck in an Infinite Time Loop- trying to recall his mission to stop you from EVER Time Traveling!

Are there no Lost fans here? =)

NEVER GONNA TIME TRAVEL! Lol I feel more like I earned the shop or island more if I don't time travel. You know?

Back