• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Are you going to Time Travel?

Maybe.
The problem with this game is that once you've burned out all the activities in a day, you have to wait.
I hate waiting :(

I TT'd to get the QR machine as I know chances are I won't get to play some days this week and I didn't want to wait to do it again lol but in that time nookling upgraded and kicks opened -sigh-

If shops stayed open late, or there was a place to sell items whatever the time I would say I would definitely never do it again. I know the Island auto-sells any items if you go home/into a tour so you could keep doing this but she says they "don't pay well" so I worry the decrease in value is a lot. :(

If shops stayed open late, or there was a place to sell items whatever the time I would say I would definitely never do it again. I know the Island auto-sells any items if you go home/into a tour so you could keep doing this but she says they "don't pay well" so I worry the decrease in value is a lot. :(

I used the Night Owl ordinance and now I can sell until 2AM (I had to do this because during the week I work from 6AM-6PM). Also, the decrease in value is substantial--less than 50%.

Oh I am so switching to this ordinance then! (currently on the one that makes everything more valuable) The game is more fun when you play legit, I always think back to the Sims and using cheats to get money made me get bored of the game so quickly and I think AC:NL would be the same.

Definitely not going to waste time letting the island rip me off any more!

I've never done it in the past and I won't do it now. I have never really been tempted at all, since I like just going with the pace of the game.

I think it's kind of funny there's such a stigma surrounding it. You play your game your own way, I'll play mine my way. ^_^

You can go a day ahead to unlock something, then go back to the real day and whatever you unlocked will still be unlocked. Time travel works going forwards, but doesn't affect you if you go back a day

I have already due to my friend peer pressuring me into it and that screwing everything up. But I try to play the game as day by day as I can :) The only time I will time travel is usually in the school year for example if in the morning I wake up and want to check some shops then ill time skip into around 10 am when things open up. Only other reason I would have to time travel is to set the time right if it actually is off.

Almost every day I'm tempted to time travel only because I hate waiting a whole day for a new selection of items to appear in the shops. It's never really worth it for my since my town usually gets overrun with weeds and such and by that point I'm too lazy to pull them all since I'll be too caught up wanting to time travel again. I really want to make my town look awesome so t try to get a lot done in one day so that I could have projects completed by the following day.

I see that many people are against TTing, and that makes perfect sense. Initially I wasn't going to do it either but I gave in relatively quickly.
When I discovered that you could TT in the first game, I did it all the time and it didn't make me ever get bored of the game. On the contrary, actually, because I still played it nearly every day for three years.
When I do it I move forward one day at a time and stay in that day for as long as possible, so I can get the most out of each day.
Also my birthday is coming up very soon and I am slowly making my way towards it in the game because I actually want to see what happens that day. I'm going on vacation next month for the whole month, which means I'm probably not going to be playing as often as I'd like and I really don't want to miss my birthday.

I admire the people who don't succumb to TTing though! Patience was never a virtue I learned.

I did and I don't think I have ruined it... I am very careful each day I talk to villagers get the money stones and fortune cookies, I never rush a day.

Back