• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Are you happy with...? PART 8: Your Beach Features

Are you happy with your pier size and beach rocks?

• I like both my pier size and beach rocks

Votes: 49 41.2%
  • I like my pier size, but would change my beach rocks

Votes: 27 22.7%
  • I would change my pier size, but I like my beach rocks

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • I would change both my pier size and beach rocks

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • I don't know / care about my pier size, but I like my beach rocks

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • I don't know / care about my pier size, and would change my beach rocks

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • I don't know / care about my beach rocks, but Iike my pier size

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • I don't know / care about my beach rocks, but would change my pier size

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • I don't know / care about my beach features

Votes: 13 10.9%

• Total voters
I voted for liking the pier but changing the rocks, just because one of them is of the kind you can't run over and it's massively in the way.

I do like most of my beach rocks, but yesterday I was stocking up on fish baits for the upcoming fishing tourney and I was once again reminded of how annoying this particular rock is. It's right at the spot where the beach is getting narrower and this rock just blocks the path. If it wasn't there I could just run straight up and down the entire east side of my island, but now with the rock I have to do a weird zigzag...

i haven’t really paid much attention to my beach features + don’t have much of an opinion on them but i don’t mind them! i personally wouldn’t change anything since well,, i don’t really care about it aha

My pier is fine and my beach rocks are okay although one of those nice, wide rock areas would have been nice for an ocean cafe

to be honest, i do not care about my beach at all, i'm gonna be honest.. i'm completely indifferent to mine baha

I have the long dock and 2 big rocks (one on the west side of my island and the other on the east side) so I’m pretty satisfied with the sizes of both. The rock on the west side even has a little puddle of water on it (I guess that’s what ppl are calling the tidal pools, I think?) haven’t done much decorating, just like the rest of my island. I’ll get to it all eventually lol. I do have a grand piano and piano bench on my dock though. I put it there right after I had finished watching Crash Landing On You as my little daily dose reminder of Captain Ri ( ื▿ ืʃƪ)~ෆ

Anyways seeing as this is the last of the series thread of polls we will be taking part in, thanks so much @SummerHime for these wonderful threads! I had so much fun answering these and seeing everyone else’s answers and/or opinions. It has even given me some decorating ideas! So thanks again! (⸝⸝ᵕᴗᵕ⸝⸝)

My pier is... exactly like the one pictured in the first post, and is 14 planks (if I counted right), so I guess it's the longest? TBH, I don't really care how long it is. I can't decorate it anyway. I mean, I think we can put custom designs on it, but I have no desire to do that, lol. I even "extended" my pier by using a custom design I found online that matches the wood planks- it gives me a nice beach area where I've got some stalls with fishing and diving supplies (bait, diving suit, etc.)

As for my rocks, I'm overall pretty happy. All are decorated, though minimally (one has a little "conservation area" with some kelp and horseshoe crabs, another just has some tiki torches and pirate barrels, and one of the back areas has a party spot and the other has a star gazing spot). They're not my favorite parts of my island, but they're not my least favorites. They work.

I have the longest pier and like it, and I'm pretty happy with my rocks
most of my rocks are on the small size, but not bad and the locations are pretty good. I also have a tidal pool on the left shore, which I like =w=

i'm not really a beach person for animal crossing. i struggle with decorating my beaches and i like to keep them empty for the most part, although i'd like my pier to be longer. i don't really care about the rocks atm 😅
Decorating my beach is pretty new to me as well, it was always empty in other games so I'm trying to get used to it 😚

I have a long dock :sneaky: and I like the layout of my island beach the amount of space I have to walk around and place items its perfect. I have seen some players beach layouts online where it is too crowded or hard to place things on or around.
I know what you mean. I like looking at pictures layouts with lots of decorations, but I want my town to not be too crowded so I can still move around easily.

Could someone post a picture of a tide pool? I have a little water on the far back rocks on the east and west, but I don’t know if those count.
Check this out! This is just one kind of rock with tide pools in it, but you can see them pretty well in that picture.

I know this says beach rocks, which I'm kind of indifferent to. But I would absolutely change all the rocks on the North of my town. Mine are all tiny, meanwhile I've seen friends towns with 3 giant flat rocks at the back, adding a good chunk of space for them to decorate and I want something like that.
Oh, I hadn't thought about the rocks at the back! They're the same as beach rocks I guess :) I didn't know there was variation with those rocks, to be honest mine ended up being hidden my the cliffs.

I have the long dock and 2 big rocks (one on the west side of my island and the other on the east side) so I’m pretty satisfied with the sizes of both. The rock on the west side even has a little puddle of water on it (I guess that’s what ppl are calling the tidal pools, I think?) haven’t done much decorating, just like the rest of my island. I’ll get to it all eventually lol. I do have a grand piano and piano bench on my dock though. I put it there right after I had finished watching Crash Landing On You as my little daily dose reminder of Captain Ri ( ื▿ ืʃƪ)~ෆ

Anyways seeing as this is the last of the series thread of polls we will be taking part in, thanks so much @SummerHime for these wonderful threads! I had so much fun answering these and seeing everyone else’s answers and/or opinions. It has even given me some decorating ideas! So thanks again! (⸝⸝ᵕᴗᵕ⸝⸝)
Aww you're welcome, I had so much fun with you guys! Thanks to everyone for sharing their opinion and layouts! I will be doing more polls in the future, that's for certain!

My pier is... exactly like the one pictured in the first post, and is 14 planks (if I counted right), so I guess it's the longest? TBH, I don't really care how long it is. I can't decorate it anyway. I mean, I think we can put custom designs on it, but I have no desire to do that, lol. I even "extended" my pier by using a custom design I found online that matches the wood planks- it gives me a nice beach area where I've got some stalls with fishing and diving supplies (bait, diving suit, etc.)

As for my rocks, I'm overall pretty happy. All are decorated, though minimally (one has a little "conservation area" with some kelp and horseshoe crabs, another just has some tiki torches and pirate barrels, and one of the back areas has a party spot and the other has a star gazing spot). They're not my favorite parts of my island, but they're not my least favorites. They work.
I do like the idea of a conservation area! It's so nice that you can have crabs just chilling around. I wish there were more creatures you can have out of their aquarium!

Thanks for the link to the picture. In that case, I do have some tide pools at the very back of my island on a large flat rock. I have horseshoe crabs placed. I’ll have to find the other crabs mentioned.

I have a longer pier. I dont mind about the size of it honestly. I did want an island with just 2 or so larger beach rocks rather than many smaller ones. I wasnt going for anything more specific than that, but I was pleased to get one with a tide pool regardless.

I like my dock. I think it's the longest one, but I don't think I would have cared if it were shorter. It's hard to decorate such a long narrow space anyway.

As for the rocks... I don't love the ones on the beach. I guess they are okay, but the shape is a bit difficult to work with and they break up the beach area. I do like the rocks at the back corners of my island.

I also just discovered I can walk out on some of the rocks at the back of my island close to the secret beach and can even place items... I'm not sure I'll be using that since the whole back of my island is 2 tiers or higher, but it was interesting.

I like both my pier size and beach rocks, and don’t really have a preference for them to be anything else. I wouldn’t change them.

I have the long dock and one big beach rock on the right side (along with a few small scattered ones) and I am happy with both :)

I rarely use my pier but I think its the longer variant. And as for the rocks, I have one with a little pool in it which is pretty cool. Haven't furnished my beaches at all yet because I'm focusing on the rest of my island right now, but I hope by then I'll think of something useful to do with the rocks

The pier I really don't care about, so I put that I wouldn't change it. For the beach rocks, I have 1 really annoying boulder that I wish I could get rid of. This one rock was obviously not a big enough deal to reset over it but it sure does annoy me. I am happy with my big flat rocks though. I also have a tide pool which I didn't know was noteworthy until I had a friend come over and get all excited over it 😂

I like my dock. I think it's the longest one, but I don't think I would have cared if it were shorter. It's hard to decorate such a long narrow space anyway.

As for the rocks... I don't love the ones on the beach. I guess they are okay, but the shape is a bit difficult to work with and they break up the beach area. I do like the rocks at the back corners of my island.

I also just discovered I can walk out on some of the rocks at the back of my island close to the secret beach and can even place items... I'm not sure I'll be using that since the whole back of my island is 2 tiers or higher, but it was interesting.
Those rocks at the back are quite nice! If I had known about them before I might have considered them in my layout, but now I have the same problem as you, since my cliffs at the back are way too high!

The pier I really don't care about, so I put that I wouldn't change it. For the beach rocks, I have 1 really annoying boulder that I wish I could get rid of. This one rock was obviously not a big enough deal to reset over it but it sure does annoy me. I am happy with my big flat rocks though. I also have a tide pool which I didn't know was noteworthy until I had a friend come over and get all excited over it 😂
Is it one of the big boulders between the land and beach area? The ones on which you can't place furniture? My friend has one and they're a bit annoying 😖

beach features don't really bother me, I'm fine with what I have but I am happy I have the longer dock.

Yes. My island has some great beachers. I mean features.

(disclaimer: I don't really decorate my beaches, whoops! Is it lack of creativity or am I too used to empty beaches after 15+ years?)
I've got the 14-plank dock on both my islands and they work FWIW! Their most valuable quality to me has been balloon-hunting, especially back in June when I went ham for my single missing cherry-blossom recipe and some specific December NH recipes for decorating (stupid tabletop festive tree, you took over 300 balloons alone)
My beach rocks aren't that impressive on my first island; they're two small < 3x3 little things that are just there, but I don't mind their presence. But my second island wound up with these impressively huge platform slabs, even with tide pools! They're currently empty but my villagers enjoy the space for various activities :lemon:

While I'm at it about permanent rocks, the A-acre ones at the top... *shakes fist*
If these two islands could swap their top rocks, I'd be a happy camper. My first island has these pathetically pitiful little pebbles that are barely 1x2.
My second has these ginormous 6x4ish rocks (idk, it's been a while since I've looked there) but since I've got a very specific theme going on with the second island, they've been boarded up by a fence and have absolutely no usage. (except for reserving those aforementioned winter/festive recipes; I learned a few for what I needed but am waiting until December to learn them all)
My sibling that I started with in March has the same gloriously large rocks that my second island has (with the exception of one that's even BIGGER 😭) and they've been used amazingly there.
Yes, I'm jelly, but it is what it is 😐

Back