• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Are you still happy with...? PART 2: Your River Mouths

Where are your river mouths and would you change their position?

• Double South - I wouldn't change

Votes: 50 21.2%
  • Double South - I'd change to South & East

Votes: 9 3.8%
  • Double South - I'd change to South & West

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • South & East - I wouldn't change

Votes: 73 30.9%
  • South & East - I'd change to Double South

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • South & East - I'd change to South & West

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • South & West - I wouldn't change

Votes: 66 28.0%
  • South & West - I'd change to Double South

Votes: 6 2.5%
  • South & West - I'd change to South & East

Votes: 5 2.1%

• Total voters

SummerHime

Citizen of Time
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Switch
1062-1772-1342
VH2BWuv.png

Since a lot of people have been living on their island for six months, I'm making a series of polls to see how many are still satisfied with their island! I will be covering things that cannot be changed unless you reset the game. Here is a short analysis of the results so far:

Link to this poll
Blue seems to be the most popular airport color, with red being the least. An overwhelming majority of voters consider themselves satisfied with their airport color. Overall, people with yellow airports are more likely to want to change their color than those who have another color. Let's hope Tom Nook eventually gives us other options, like pink, purple or brown!

Next up is the river mouths!

What are river mouths? They are the two spots where your original river meets the ocean, and there are three different possibilities. While you will always have a river mouth at the south of your island, the other one can be either east, west or south. Unfortunately, while the river itself can be terraformed, the river mouths can never be changed.

Are you happy with where your river mouths are? Was it a consideration for you when you started the game? And more importantly, do they hinder your island design? Have you created a river that flows to them, or have you blocked them off completely?

EDIT: Check out this page showing all river possibilities!

BptAJS5.png

For my part, I did not want a double south river, because I thought it wouldn't give me enough space to decorate on the sides. Therefore, I was very happy with my east river mouth. However, when I ended up deciding what I wanted to do with my island, I started regretting my choice! I almost resetted one month into the game because I felt like I could not achieve what I wanted with this layout. I tried to block it off by terraforming around it, but I didn't like how it looked. Eventually, I got the idea to use my east river mouth to create a moat around my castle, which looks amazing! I'm happy I stuck with my river in the end.

What about you?​

Last edited:
I tell myself that next time I'll be a little more observant of what to choose, and then I don't. I have a double south. It's not the worst thing, but I kind of wish I had chosen south and east or west. But it's too late, so it's whatever.

Double south. So far I’m finding my map layout very convenient, so I’m still happy :)

Probably would have been happier with south east or south west, but at this point I’m ok with my map.

Got south and west on Arctin; wouldn’t change. It’s a nice setup.

Evwirt has a double south and while I’m cool with it a little bit inside of me wonders if I should’ve went on to get a configuration that would put the pier in with the mainland (if that’s even possible).

I tell myself that next time I'll be a little more observant of what to choose, and then I don't. I have a double south. It's not the worth thing, but I kind of wish I had chosen south and east or west. But it's too late, so it's whatever.
It's a good thing you're able to go along with what you've got! I feel like I go overboard with the resetting and I end up always asking myself if I could have done better. Also, it's kind of hard to tell when you start the game and have no idea what you're going to do with your island.

It's a good thing you're able to go along with what you've got! I feel like I go overboard with the resetting and I end up always asking myself if I could have done better. Also, it's kind of hard to tell when you start the game and have no idea what you're going to do with your island.
At the time I had forgotten about terraforming. I knew it was in the game, but because I hadn't any access to that option yet, I began the game as if it was another Animal Crossing game. It's just that with the double south, I'm wondering if I should bother connecting the two together, or if I should just keep them their own separate thing. Being this far in the game, I'd most likely regret restarting, because I don't like the thought of having to reobtain everything I once had. If it was March again, I'd probably start over just to get a different river mouth.

I really enjoy where my river mouths are placed! It’s actually one of the things I considered when picking a map in the beginning. I kept resetting to find a good placement them. C:

I had the double south and didn't like how narrow it made the sides of the island.

I'd rather have either south/west or south/east. I didn't understand terraforming or the limitations of the game like not being able to expand land on the beaches.

So I knocked out my left river and pushed my right river closer to the beach to utilize the land better. I'm happier but I wish we were given a bigger range of maps than four in order to have more variety.

Because unfortunately my map options were four south river mouths. It just seems counterintuitive that the player needs to reset to get more options when the game should give the player options upfront.

mine is south and west and i wouldn’t change it! i don’t really care about the river mouths and so this placement is perfectly fine by me :)

Judging by screenshots of base maps, it looks like it is impossible to have a pier on the same side as your starting area. That’s alright but I would’ve preferred to have my pier on the civilized side of Evwirt...I guess in any case it would be taken over by the spider crabs

South and West. For the most part, I'm happy with it. I just wish the island was one acre wider so I could make use of my West river mouth a bit better.

I've had south and east rivers on both of the islands I've picked but I've always been super curious about double south rivers. I think they look nice and symmetrical.

I have South and East river mouths! at first, the location was bothersome because I wasn't sure how to decorate/align things with the rivers in the way, but eventually figured it out :') I'm quite happy with how those areas turned out

man no wonder it seemed south & east river mouths were always so hard to get lol there's way less of them!! i wonder if u were to overlap all the maps of one category together if there'd be any variance in where the river mouths are? bc it seems that just the shape of the river and placement of the town hall & stuff is different.

i went with south & east river mouths and i dont think i could go with anything else lol all my layouts are dependent on the location of the river mouths. id never go for south & south river mouths bc every time ive seen it mentioned it's always with something about space issues and i like maximizing my space so that'd be hard for me. south & west would be nice to try out but its just so hard to envision a plan for it, like its like trying to write with my non-dominant hand.

i agree with Pyoopi's statement that having only 4 maps available is counterintuitive. the devs had to have known that we'd reset religiously for maps based off of all the upgrades we've gotten from acnl (example: u can pick where villagers plot). bc if ur resetting for a specific map, with a specific fruit, and a specific airport color u have a 1/560 chance to get what u want.

i would like to say thank u OP for posting those maps tho 👀 i havent seen an infographic like that and it'll definitely help my odds when i map reset.

I have double south mouths. At first I was a little annoyed, but now I am completely okay with it since it worked out for me in the end.

I actually didn't know that you can end up with different combinations of river mouths.

Just like the first thread you posted, I don't care about it too much. So, I don't know about being happy or not. :ROFLMAO:

Back