• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Are you still happy with...? PART 2: Your River Mouths

Where are your river mouths and would you change their position?

• Double South - I wouldn't change

Votes: 50 21.2%
  • Double South - I'd change to South & East

Votes: 9 3.8%
  • Double South - I'd change to South & West

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • South & East - I wouldn't change

Votes: 73 30.9%
  • South & East - I'd change to Double South

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • South & East - I'd change to South & West

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • South & West - I wouldn't change

Votes: 66 28.0%
  • South & West - I'd change to Double South

Votes: 6 2.5%
  • South & West - I'd change to South & East

Votes: 5 2.1%

• Total voters
I have south & east river mouths! Im generally happy with mine but I honestly didn’t care too much about river mouth placement since I figured I could make any work. South/south would’ve been a bit harder for me since it sort of creates an island and I wasn’t sure what I’d place there 😅

The only thing that bugs me about my rivers is that I have a waterfall going from the top middle down to basically middle of my map (it’s been there since the beginning) and it splits my island into thirds essentially and I’m considering maybe moving that waterfall or removing it.

i, really, really wish that i hadn't jumped on the AC wagon so soon, and had done my research a little bit about it. i usually do before starting a new game, but i was just so excited that i didn't even fathom the airport colour, or the way the map was laid out. until i saw a video the other day highlighting the differences and what to keep in mind when first choosing an island. 😅 i'm not really upset about it, though - something you learn to get on with.

I have south and east river mouths. I'm pretty happy with them, so I don't think I'd change them~

It's a good thing we actually get map choices! I don't remember having them in older titles like Population Growing and Wild World, and thought they were a great way to save time.
That’s interesting! I came back on when ACNL Amiibo was released and was able to choose my maps, so I’ve never experienced that (I mean, I played the GameCube version, but I don’t remember if we got to choose our maps, haha.)

Are the OP map sets complete? My south hemisphere town started with a map that isn't in the OP. Its totally fine if they're not all the map presets, I was just wondering. But anyway, for my main town it's west and south, and no I wouldn't change it. I love watching the sunsets from where the river meets the sea. :)

I don't think so because my map isn't on there either. I have west and south too. I didn't pay attention to the river exits when I chose my map. I picked mine because of the heart pond.

Mine are South & East. Happy with them for the most part, although I'm thinking of only having the East river branch out into my island. More room for other things that way 😄

My island's river exits are South and West, and I'm still happy with them! I don't think I'd change them. While I haven't done a ton of terraforming thus far, I like the look of them and have been able to work with them easily enough. :)

I have south and east, and I'm still happy with it. :)
I wanted a specific map that had the S/E river mouths. I would've been fine with the S/W too. All I knew was that I didn't want the double south because I couldn't see myself working with narrow strips of land on each side for my vision/ideas.

I have double south, and voted that I’d switch to south west however it looks like that makes your dock on the east no matter what? Didn’t look to close. And that would factor in so I guess probably I’m as happy as I could be.

I picked it because I liked how symmetrical everything was and I had this grand plan. And now my island is slightly... less symmetrical lol. But I’ve made it all work so they are what they are.

Are the OP map sets complete? My south hemisphere town started with a map that isn't in the OP. Its totally fine if they're not all the map presets, I was just wondering. But anyway, for my main town it's west and south, and no I wouldn't change it. I love watching the sunsets from where the river meets the sea. :)
Actually they're just examples, but you can see the full possibilities here. I love watching sunsets too!

I have south and west and honestly I'm really happy with them.
Even without too much fiddling with my river shapes they divide the map very nicely.

If I had a second island I would be interested in seeing what you could do with double south. I know a lot of people express regret over having double south, but I feel it has potential. Of course I can't say for sure since I've never had it.​
I would love to get something different too if I ever get a second island!

I went in not knowing the river mouths were permanent - and I ended up with double south. At first, it was annoying, as it cut off my sandy beaches into small chunks that made them hard to decorate. It still is hard to do so, but the trade off is the huge terraforming freedom: the mouths are out of the way of three other edges, so I can craft rivers and cliffs in a throwback style without the mouths sticking out like a sore thumb. In the end, I took advantage of such powers, and now I enjoy my double south layout.

Makes me wish I could move a mouth to facing the north side of the island - That would would be perfect.
I love this idea! It would split the island perfectly!

My sister loves how her is, so there isn't any problems here.😎
How sweet! ☺️

I have south and west river mouths and would never change that. It was a feature I specifically reset for, so all is good here!

I have south and east river mouths and was prioritizing having the two mouths on different sides (so anything but south + south) and a plaza near the airport, so south + west would have been fine too. The river has gone through a bunch of terraforming since then and is no longer connected, so now I have two little rivers that end in ponds. So just like last time, I'm happy with my choice and the results 😊

Wow I didn't know south and east was so common?? Honestly I wouldn't change it as I like my island the way it is. Double south could be pretty cool though if I ever made a second island!

I have south and west! I'm still pretty happy with it, though sometimes I wish the location of the... area jutting out was different...

Back