• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Are you still happy with...? PART 2: Your River Mouths

Where are your river mouths and would you change their position?

• Double South - I wouldn't change

Votes: 50 21.2%
  • Double South - I'd change to South & East

Votes: 9 3.8%
  • Double South - I'd change to South & West

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • South & East - I wouldn't change

Votes: 73 30.9%
  • South & East - I'd change to Double South

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • South & East - I'd change to South & West

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • South & West - I wouldn't change

Votes: 66 28.0%
  • South & West - I'd change to Double South

Votes: 6 2.5%
  • South & West - I'd change to South & East

Votes: 5 2.1%

• Total voters
I went for double south river mouths, which I (tentatively) don't want to change, at least for now. I like all of the river mouth options, but they were my favorite—it's just that the potential difficulty of working with them didn't occur to me at the time. My island is still a work-in-progress, so I may wind up feeling completely satisfied with them by the end of it... or I might curse myself for going with them to begin with.

South and east, and up to now it has been ok. But looking to redesign things, I was wondering how I was going to manage the rivers. I had planned to do a castle in the upper west of the island (currently have small one back center around secret beach).

But your idea of using the river for a castle moat is brilliant! I think I'll still put the castle in the west, but maybe have the water around the castle go to the south river mouth.

I have south and east river mouths, and while they're fine, I do wonder if two south river mouths wouldn't be more fun/more convenient. I like the idea of having bridges across them to make one long path along the front of the island, without having a river mouth obstructing the way on the east or west of the island. Overall, I'm fine with what I have though!

I have double south rivers mouths like my previous island. Its one of the main things I look at when it comes to deciding to start an island. I like the symmetry so it bothers me if the river mouths are not either double south or east-west...wait...there is no east-west so yes, double south is required. I also like the look of my bridges when both are double south.

100% very happy with my river mouths. I don't find them inconvenient or off putting. They are right where I want them to be. I have my bridges strategically placed in my town so that they can cross over the river mouths in a fun, exciting way. I do think its odd we can't terraform new river mouths, but I guess that's just how it is. I guess if I did have to change something, I'd have one coming off the right of the map. But that's okay.

Oh my goodness, I actually totally forgot that it was possible to get double south river mouths! That's pretty neat, although I don't think I could make that work and personally I prefer the south/east and south/west combinations. I forgot this was a thing but now that I've been reminded, the south/east or south/west combinations were definitely something I was going for when resetting for my current island. 🤔 I'm not sure how to explain it exactly, but I guess I just feel like there's more breathing room when the river mouths are coming from different directions? Especially since there is not much going on on the east and west sides of the island. I'm sure a bunch of people have made double south river mouths work, but I know for me it would become bothersome. 😅

Back