• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

Is there a difference between TT with the 3DS system or just changing the time with Isabelle in the game itself? I'm thinking of starting to TT just for like a day forward into the next morning when it's late at night and I have nothing else to do for the day.

In that situation, no. Using Isabelle is fine. You just can't use her if you want to jump ahead a few days and start as a new character. I got in the habit of doing what you're doing--getting a jump on the new day. The only consequence is you will have a rep among your villagers of being a time-traveler. :)

How long does it take for an item that was ordered from the catalog to be delivered?

If you order it before 5pm, it'll be there at 5pm. If you order it after 5pm, it'll be there as soon as the next day starts at 6am.

How long does it take for an item that was ordered from the catalog to be delivered?

Mail is delivered at 5PM and 6AM. Items ordered will arrive at whichever of these times comes next ingame.

If you TT, you can order a lot of things and TT back and forth past 5PM repeatedly to have them all come in.

Mail is delivered at 5PM and 6AM. Items ordered will arrive at whichever of these times comes next ingame.

If you TT, you can order a lot of things and TT back and forth past 5PM repeatedly to have them all come in.

Hmm, I could've sworn mail was delivered at 9AM? ;A;

Yeah, the official mail times are 9am and 5pm, but stuff comes in immediately at 6am if you log in then. I sometimes go in early to see my three normal girls (and wake them up, evil laugh), and I often have mail.

Yeah, the official mail times are 9am and 5pm, but stuff comes in immediately at 6am if you log in then. I sometimes go in early to see my three normal girls (and wake them up, evil laugh), and I often have mail.

This, basically.

I do a lot of 6AM playing and always find my mail delivered when I log in.

Oooh thanks! Also, is HHA mail delivered on the day you order or the next day? Because I ordered a bunch of stuff from the HHA and kept jumping to 5PM and nothing arrived.

Oooh thanks! Also, is HHA mail delivered on the day you order or the next day? Because I ordered a bunch of stuff from the HHA and kept jumping to 5PM and nothing arrived.

That's only at 6 AM IIRC. It's not a glitch either I don't think.

Hey I have some noob questions about villager trading!

On the threads in Villager Trading Plaza people talk about having villagers in boxes. What does that mean? how do i see my box of villagers

also what does lurking mean

Hey I have some noob questions about villager trading!

On the threads in Villager Trading Plaza people talk about having villagers in boxes. What does that mean? how do i see my box of villagers

also what does lurking mean

When villagers are 'in boxes' it means that they are moving out, so they've packed all their things into boxes and can therefore be adopted by other people. It's the day before the house plot disappears from your town.

Lurking means to watch a thread for an update or post. For example, people lurk on Villager Trading Plaza cycling threads often so they can catch a villager they want before someone else adopts them or the villager gets voided.

Hope this clears things up. :)

Do villagers that you invite to move in from another town move in the very next day?

In my experience they have always plotted their house the next day. Some other players have said it took a bit longer for them, but I think that may be because they TTed. I can't really comment on that as it has always been the next day for me. :)

In my experience they have always plotted their house the next day. Some other players have said it took a bit longer for them, but I think that may be because they TTed. I can't really comment on that as it has always been the next day for me. :)

So if I wanted to make sure a villager I invited yesterday didn't ruin my paths or anything, I should start today on a new save file, right?

Yep, that's correct. Good luck with plot resetting, hope it doesn't take you too long!

Thank you! I have all my pwps set up so it really shouldn't appear anywhere inconvenient.

Also, just a quick refresher since I've never actually plot reset, but essentially what you do is
1. boot up the game in a new save
2. look for a plot
3. reset if the house is somewhere undesired
4. repeat 1-2 until its where you want it
5. complete tutorial and save?

Thank you! I have all my pwps set up so it really shouldn't appear anywhere inconvenient.

Also, just a quick refresher since I've never actually plot reset, but essentially what you do is
1. boot up the game in a new save
2. look for a plot
3. reset if the house is somewhere undesired
4. repeat 1-2 until its where you want it
5. complete tutorial and save?

Yes that's right. My reply was slow though so I am guessing you got the hang of it already. :D

Edit: Oh, and you can also delete the new character's house afterwards since you'll need to place the tent to be able to save.

Last edited:
Back