• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

Hello,

I was just wondering if there are any areas or shop upgrades that can only be unlocked by the mayor other than Club LOL. I know that any player may contribute to bell totals, but can players other than the mayor get Kapp'n to show up for the first time? Can anyone other than the mayor get the flower shop to open or meet Gracie's requirements to upgrade T&T?

Thanks =)

Yes, other characters besides the mayor can contribute to unlocking those. However, in the case of Kapp'n, each character must unlock him separately. If you have him unlocked with your mayor, but no one else, he will only be at the docks when you are playing as the mayor.

i was wondering, if a villager moves out of your town, but comes back to visit in the shopping district, can someone from another town come talk to him/her and convince them to move into their town or does that only work if theyre in boxes/camping?

i was wondering, if a villager moves out of your town, but comes back to visit in the shopping district, can someone from another town come talk to him/her and convince them to move into their town or does that only work if theyre in boxes/camping?

Only when in boxes or camping.

Hi and thanks for the answer!

I have another question about plot resetting. I started a new character and located the plot that a new villager was going to move to, but when I reset, instead of the plot changing location it seems to have disappeared completely.

I keep resetting and the empty plot does not seem to be coming back. I guess my question is, if a villager is set to move in on a given day, does resetting have the possibility to eliminate the villager moving in? Conversely, if I make a new character, absolutely do not find a moving plot, when I reset and load my mayor can I be confident that no one is moving in or is there a possibility that just because a new plot did not appear for a new character, resetting changes it so that someone will indeed move in?

I should probably mention that I was on the subway doing this. Does streetpass have anything to do with this?

I have another question about plot resetting. I started a new character and located the plot that a new villager was going to move to, but when I reset, instead of the plot changing location it seems to have disappeared completely.

I keep resetting and the empty plot does not seem to be coming back. I guess my question is, if a villager is set to move in on a given day, does resetting have the possibility to eliminate the villager moving in? Conversely, if I make a new character, absolutely do not find a moving plot, when I reset and load my mayor can I be confident that no one is moving in or is there a possibility that just because a new plot did not appear for a new character, resetting changes it so that someone will indeed move in?

I should probably mention that I was on the subway doing this. Does streetpass have anything to do with this?

As far as I know the invited villager should plot their home the following day. Streetpass MAY have overwrote it, though.. I'm not sure how Streetpass works for ACNL as I have it disabled.

- - - Post Merge - - -

can you provide evidence please...i want to be 100% certain. have you tested it out?

What evidence? Its how the game works.

How many villagers do you have? If you have eight or less villagers, and you are resetting for a random move-in (not an adopted villager), it can take up to seven days for them to plot. On the seventh day (if you make it that far), you will have a plot every time you reset.

If you adopted a villager, I'm not sure. I was always under the impression that they moved in the next day, but that may not be the case. Sometimes villagers move into strange places, so maybe you just missed the plot.

can someone tell me what the background music is that plays during the exercise program on TV? unless it's just something that's only in the game and doesn't have a name. figured I could try asking here anyway.

a note: I posted before, asking about an alternate site that could be accessed on the 3DS browser to get my pictures. since gmail's been completely inaccessible. I found one, being inbox.com. the mobile version. works juuuuuust fine. just figured I'd mention that.

Which waterfall can you catch a char in? The one at the beginning of the river, or the one that flows into the ocean?

Which waterfall can you catch a char in? The one at the beginning of the river, or the one that flows into the ocean?

I've always caught them in the bottom of the ocean waterfall. You should be able to see one swimming down there. If not, it may be hidden under the falls.

I know it takes a certain number of haircuts to unlock the colour contacts at Shampoodles, but does getting the same haircut count? Or do I have to actually pick a different style and/or colour to count towards unlocking this? It's just I have a themed town with very specific characters so I'd like to not change their hairstyle if at all possible.

I've only been able to get requested one a day no matter how hard I tried so, it either goes like this:

You may only get one request a day.

OR

You can get a request a day, with the second and above request being very rare until the next day comes around.

I know it takes a certain number of haircuts to unlock the colour contacts at Shampoodles, but does getting the same haircut count? Or do I have to actually pick a different style and/or colour to count towards unlocking this? It's just I have a themed town with very specific characters so I'd like to not change their hairstyle if at all possible.

I think you have to pick all of the different hairstyles. I think. So, try not to repeat or it might not count. Not gonna say anything for certain though.

When you are trying to cycle your dreamie back, (in my case, Beau here) does villagers coming out of town counts as 1 cycle or is it just villagers moving in? Sorry for the confusing question... For example... Whitney left. Canberra moved in. Does the Whitney count as 1 cycle to achieve out of 16 cycles?

I'm plot resetting Chief and he's been in the same spot five times in a row so far.. am I just getting unlucky? I haven't loaded my Mayor character yet..

Edit: Yeah I'm just getting stupidly unlucky.

Last edited:
i accidentally time traveled too much and had a resident i didnt want to move move out... is there a possibility of ever getting that resident to move back in?

i accidentally time traveled too much and had a resident i didnt want to move move out... is there a possibility of ever getting that resident to move back in?

You will never see that villager move in again until you cycle out 16 villagers.

Back