• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

Hello!

I have a question about hybrid flowers--

Can regulars flowers produce several hybrids or is it a one time thing? (do we have to cycle flowers in order to get new hybrids for instance?)

I noticed once the hybrid has bloomed, there won't be any new hybrids

Hello!

Can regulars flowers produce several hybrids or is it a one time thing? (do we have to cycle flowers in order to get new hybrids for instance?)

You can breed the same regular flowers together to make hybrids even though they've already been bred together. Once you get two of those hybrids, though, you should start breeding those hybrids together since it'll be more likely that you'll get more hybrids out of that plot. I'd also suggest adding the first hybrid you made to the plot of regular flowers since, again, having those hybrid genes makes it more likely to get a hybrid.

Have you made any changes to your breeding that may have caused you to make fewer hybrids? To maximize hybrid output, use a small plot, water only those flowers in the plot you wish to breed, and use the fertilizer/Golden Shovel if you have them.

Hello!

You can make them breed multiple times, at least in my experience. If you want to make sure, you can always get two flowers with the same genetics and place them elsewhere so they'll breed another hybrid.

Then you can just breed hybrids together. That's the fastest and easiest way to get hybrids, once you have more than one of them.

The thing about flowers is that it can take some time for them to spawn (especially if they aren't being watered) and when they do, there's only an x% chance you'll get hybrids. That chance is higher if you're breeding hybrids with hybrids but it's still there even with other flowers, as long as their genetics enable you to produce the hybrid you're aiming for. So if a pair of flowers in your town has produced the hybrid you wanted, you can wait and they'll eventually produce another of the same hybrid.

I'd also recommend separating the flowers those two flowers spawn. They can be handy if you want to breed certain hybrids (due to genetics) or you can just sell them, but keeping them close to the other flowers can just make things more confusing. It's easier if you isolate the flowers you want to breed together, in my experience, though that's not required. It's just easier to keep track too.

If a villager is planning to move in a few days, and you TT back ~50 years they won't move for 50 years, right?
Like if Colton is going to move in the 10th, can I TT back to June 6, 1900 and he won't move until June 10, 2014?

If a villager is planning to move in a few days, and you TT back ~50 years they won't move for 50 years, right?
Like if Colton is going to move in the 10th, can I TT back to June 6, 1900 and he won't move until June 10, 2014?

No, that won't work. I've heard from around here that going back in time (no matter length of time) would count as one in-game day, however the counter for villager move-out would decrease by 1 per 6 am passed (I don't know either, this is just stuff I heard, and I've never actually tested it, I haven't had a villager intentionally move since December of last year). So in theory, if Colton were to leave on the 10th this year, and you went back 114 years, he'd be long gone.

No, TTing back any amount of time only counts as 1 day passed, and then from that point on time would continue as usual. So instead of moving on June 10, 2014, he would now move on June 9, 1990.

No. TTing back any amount of time counts as one day forward in the game and that's what matters. So suppose that he told you he'd be moving in 5 days. When you TT back, he'll still move, he'll just move in 4 days now, so he'll move on June 9th 1900 for example.

Hey Guys, I`m pretty new to this whole "Cycle-Town" thingy, and I`ve come to the point, that no villager wants to move out. Why ? Do I have to do something before a moving out can happen?

Edit: If this is the wrong section, Im sorry. Im pretty new here and dont know where to post this.. :c

Last edited:
Hey Guys, I`m pretty new to this whole "Cycle-Town" thingy, and I`ve come to the point, that no villager wants to move out. Why ? Do I have to do something before a moving out can happen?

Edit: If this is the wrong section, Im sorry. Im pretty new here and dont know where to post this.. :c

Nope! You're in the perfect place. c:

Is this a new town? If you haven't reached 100% satisfaction yet, that could be the cause. Or so I've heard from others who had a similar problem.

I've got my 100%, and even the camping place. I have 10 villagers, but after 3 month of time traveling, nothing happened yet..

You have to get through the tutorial dialogue from the villagers. If you're at 10 with a campsite, you probably already have done that. If not, it's when they say things like, "Did you know you can sell shells to Re-Tail?" No one will ask to move while those messages are still unheard (or so the legend goes).

I talked every day with my villagers.. But I will keep on going, maybe some day they will leave.. Or I have to reset. :<

You have to get through the tutorial dialogue from the villagers. If you're at 10 with a campsite, you probably already have done that. If not, it's when they say things like, "Did you know you can sell shells to Re-Tail?" No one will ask to move while those messages are still unheard (or so the legend goes).

I don't think that's true. My villagers still give me random tips like that and I've had villagers move.

Back