• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

Question. I'm going to start cycling! Can I start straight away or do I need to get an approval rating forst?

You don't need anyone's approval! It's your game, and you can do with it as you please. ;D

As for the game, you supposedly need the 100% approval rating for villagers to move in and out. :p

Last edited:
Hi there! Today Croque randomly moved in, and I'm not sure why! Without him, I had nine villagers already and I am sure that spotpass is off! Does anyone know how he got into my town?

Hi there! Today Croque randomly moved in, and I'm not sure why! Without him, I had nine villagers already and I am sure that spotpass is off! Does anyone know how he got into my town?

If you have SpotPass off, then it's definitely StreetPass. There's no other explanation (plus Croque is considered ugly by many, so that only adds to the reasoning).

If you have SpotPass off, then it's definitely StreetPass. There's no other explanation (plus Croque is considered ugly by many, so that only adds to the reasoning).

Ahhh darn! I'm going to figure out how to turn off streetpass right away! Thanks for your help, though!

Ok sorry guys, but I have another question! Are you farmiliar with house and pwp spacing? I know that villager houses need a 5x5 space, and that PWPs need a 1 square buffer space around, but could they overlap?

XXX
ZZZZZ
ZZZZZ
ZZZZZ
ZZZZZ
ZZZZZ
If x= the pwp and z= the house, would that work! or would it have to look like this?

XXX

ZZZZZ
ZZZZZ
ZZZZZ
ZZZZZ
ZZZZZ

I'm just asking because I'm trying to block off areas for villagers to move in! Thanks for anyone who can help!

Buffers should not overlap. I believe that there needs to be a two-space, rather than just one, since they can't overlap.

Okay I haven't played AC in like a month or something and someone moved into my town before I stopped playing, so for sure no one was going to move. Anyway, so can I safely play it without having to change the time/date and have all my villagers still?

Hey, I remember you! Welcome back! You should go in as a new character just to be safe. If everyone's there, you can go in as normal. If you don't want to bother, you should be okay. If you played even a day after the villager moved in, there's a chance someone was picked to move.

Hey, I remember you! Welcome back! You should go in as a new character just to be safe. If everyone's there, you can go in as normal. If you don't want to bother, you should be okay. If you played even a day after the villager moved in, there's a chance someone was picked to move.

Ras! Ohman, thanks again, you're always here to help me hehe, thank you for the wb msg too. That's a great idea, I'll do just that!

Tanning questions! By today, can we tan normally in our town, or we have to wait until the 16th/ Club Tortimer? How much time one must spend to get they tanning level per day? How long does a tan stay and go away?

Tanning questions! By today, can we tan normally in our town, or we have to wait until the 16th/ Club Tortimer? How much time one must spend to get they tanning level per day? How long does a tan stay and go away?

15 min a day. I think it starts the 16th or 17 but the island
is always an option between 12-5 PM.

Question:
I've had my town for maybe 2 weeks now and no ones requested
a pwp. Any ideas?

This has happened twice now... I have the meteor shower notice on my board with the correct date and the sky is clear, but no stars are appearing. I'm just sitting here and nothing is happening at all. Does time travelling mess it up or something? I'd really love to see one and this isn't the first time that I've encountered this issue.

This has happened twice now... I have the meteor shower notice on my board with the correct date and the sky is clear, but no stars are appearing. I'm just sitting here and nothing is happening at all. Does time travelling mess it up or something? I'd really love to see one and this isn't the first time that I've encountered this issue.

what time is it? sometimes it starts quite late, I find it usually goes... full blown meteor shower... at around 9pm or so!

Quick question: I started up my town today and I went on my Mayor character. I'm holding some items for a friend of mine and he dropped them in my plaza but today I noticed Crazy Redd had set his tent up and of course... When that happens, the items disappear. I just want to know if they have disappeared permanently or not. :( I feel really awful and crappy now knowing I've probably lost his items. If I were to power off now and just TT back to the day before, would they still be there? :(

Quick question: I started up my town today and I went on my Mayor character. I'm holding some items for a friend of mine and he dropped them in my plaza but today I noticed Crazy Redd had set his tent up and of course... When that happens, the items disappear. I just want to know if they have disappeared permanently or not. :( I feel really awful and crappy now knowing I've probably lost his items. If I were to power off now and just TT back to the day before, would they still be there? :(
If you have the police station they will show up in the lost and found there, if not they'll be there when you build it :)

Hello i own two copies of new leaf and was wondering if i could visit my other town to catch missed bugs and fish from past months?

Question:
I've had my town for maybe 2 weeks now and no ones requested
a pwp. Any ideas?
Try the wetsuit trick. Near-guarantee ping every time. Just be aware that some days you can get one immediately, others it may take hours to just get one.

Back