• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

What exactly is town-resetting? Do you completely get rid of everything in your town and start fresh? Or do you keep the buildings in certain places? I'm very confused!

Resetting your town involves deleting your entire save and starting from scratch with meeting Rover on the train, creating a new character, picking a new map, etc. You can either destroy everything from your old file or have someone hold everything from villagers to money that can be transferred to your new town. Usually people do this because they're not happy with their town layout or villagers.

Unless you're talking about plot/campsite resetting, which is entirely different. If I didn't answer your question, please let me know!

Resetting your town involves deleting your entire save and starting from scratch with meeting Rover on the train, creating a new character, picking a new map, etc. You can either destroy everything from your old file or have someone hold everything from villagers to money that can be transferred to your new town. Usually people do this because they're not happy with their town layout or villagers.

Unless you're talking about plot/campsite resetting, which is entirely different. If I didn't answer your question, please let me know!

Ah I mean plot resetting my bad. I think plot resetting requires you to make another character in your town right? Sorry I get them both confused. Thank you for your help by the way! :)

Ah I mean plot resetting my bad. I think plot resetting requires you to make another character in your town right? Sorry I get them both confused. Thank you for your help by the way! :)

Yep, you're right! That's plot resetting. Plot resetting is something entirely different. It doesn't get rid of your town or change existing buildings. Instead, it changes the location of new villager houses.

Plot resetting is done when you're expecting a new villager to make a plot and you want the villager's house to be in a certain location. This can happen if you're expecting a new random villager given by the game (villagers 6-9 are random) or a villager you adopted from the campsite or another town. The idea is that when you start the game for the first time in the day, your town's "state" is randomized. This does everything from spawning flowers and fossils to setting down villager plots. When you load an existing character, the game both creates and saves that state (when Isabelle does her spiel) and is thus set in stone for the day. When you make a new character, that state is only created, not saved. Since it isn't saved, you're free to randomize this state until you find one you like and then save it.

To plot reset, you must not have logged on to any existing characters for that particular AC day (which starts at 6 a.m., not 12 a.m.). When you turn on the game for the first time, instead of logging on with your mayor/any other character, you create a new character and go through Rover's spiel. Once you get into town, you search for the villager's plot. If it's in a bad place, quit without doing anything else, and repeat making a new character/quitting until you've found a location you like. Once you find a plot you like, progress until you get the TPC from Isabelle and the game saves. Then you're free to delete the new character and sign in as your mayor, and the plot will be where you saved it.

As a side note, plot resetting for random villagers can also let you choose the villager as well as their plot. Also, campers are also included in the randomized state, so you can do what's called "campsite resetting" to try and find a camper you like. The same applies; once you find something you like, save it, and then it's set in stone.

Sorry this was a little wordy! If this also didn't answer your question or if you want me to explain it better, let me know again!

If I'm going for the golden watering can, do I have to check the town's quality with Isabelle every single day for that day to count or no?

Does anyone know that, on the day when a villager is in boxes, is it okay to TT back a few hours to KEEP the villager in boxes?

Does anyone know that, on the day when a villager is in boxes, is it okay to TT back a few hours to KEEP the villager in boxes?

You absolutely can keep TT'ing back to keep that villager in boxes. You can do that indefinitely. Just be careful of your AM's and PM's so you don't accidentally travel to the next day. But yes, you can "hold" a villager!

Can anyone suggest how to raise my friendship with a villager quickly? I sent letters every now and again, and give perfect apples- I just want their pictures...

If I'm going for the golden watering can, do I have to check the town's quality with Isabelle every single day for that day to count or no?

You don't have to check in every day. It's mostly just for reassurance that you still have Perfect Town.

Can anyone suggest how to raise my friendship with a villager quickly? I sent letters every now and again, and give perfect apples- I just want their pictures...

Sending letters and giving Perfect Fruit is already very helpful. Do all the favors for them (especially difficult ones like the petitions) and do them well. When they ask for furniture, you can also give them furniture of their favorite style and color (there's a guide here) and give them customized furniture. I'd also recommend sending said furniture in letters. When they ask for non-specific fish/insects ("I want an ocean fish/river fish/butterfly/etc."), give them rarer fish/insects that fit the category. For example, if they ask for an ocean fish, instead of giving them the first Sea Bass you fish up, give them a Barred Knifejaw. If they ask for a Butterfly, give them a Birdwing Butterfly, and so on.

Besides that, if you're okay with time traveling, you can always go to April Fools Day and celebrate that. Otherwise, it just takes a little bit of patience and luck.

Question regarding save files.

Can multiple save files interact with each other through their houses? By that I mean, can my mayor enter the house of another profile on my cartridge?

If yes, do all the profiles on a same cartridge share the same space? I'm wondering if I could keep my saplings and flowers in the chest of another profile and access them through my mayor.

Question regarding save files.

Can multiple save files interact with each other through their houses? By that I mean, can my mayor enter the house of another profile on my cartridge?

If yes, do all the profiles on a same cartridge share the same space? I'm wondering if I could keep my saplings and flowers in the chest of another profile and access them through my mayor.

Any character can visit any of the other houses, but they won't be able to interact with any of the other characters. There's no real way to do so.

The profiles don't share the same space, which is good if you want extra storage, but you won't be able to access the storage unless you're using said character. Even if you go into the house of another character and open their dressers/cabinets/etc., they won't give you access to the other character's storage. The only way to transfer them back and forth is to just put stuff on the ground and have another character pick them up (well, I guess you could mail them, but that's kind of pointless), but you can keep stuff in other character's storage just to have them there.

Hello!

Is the Nintendo Server in maintenance for everybody ? or is it just me ;n; I don't see anyone mentioning this issue, and I see the error code showing up when I try and add a FC.

Thanks! ^^

Hello!

Is the Nintendo Server in maintenance for everybody ? or is it just me ;n; I don't see anyone mentioning this issue, and I see the error code showing up when I try and add a FC.

Thanks! ^^

Yes it's happening to me too D:

Aww :c ! Hopefully it won't last too long then ;n; !!

A little relieved that it wasn't my copy of ACNL having issues xD I was mad worried since no one was mentioning this *---*

I was looking out for so,done to post but only you have D:
I looked on the Nintendo site but it just vaguely says maintenance ;-;

The Wii U servers are down as well, Mario Kart 8 online gives an error. Looks like Nintendo is temporarily taking down all the servers.

What a relief to hear others are having the same problem. I was worried it had to do with my connection! Thanks for the site MelonPan.

If you look at the section related to 3DS online play, maintenance is scheduled to be over at 6am Pacific time, so like 5 minutes. (It actually said 5:30 when I checked earlier but I guess they pushed it back lol)

Ahhh all the way at the bottom there, I see now! o: Though mine was out at 5:20 am, haha.

Last edited:
Back