• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

This may be a stupid question, but... I invited a villager to move into my town via campsite. How long does it normally take for a plot to appear (so I know when to start plot resetting.).. Does it usually take 2 days, or could it be longer than two days? Is it best to be safe and start up a new character before starting on your mayor?

i would start up a new save file each day and check twice around your town for a plot. i got tia from the campsite like 3 or 4 days ago and she still hasn't moved in >___> but it just became a new day in my game so i'm pretty sure she'll be plotting.

This may be a stupid question, but... I invited a villager to move into my town via campsite. How long does it normally take for a plot to appear (so I know when to start plot resetting.).. Does it usually take 2 days, or could it be longer than two days? Is it best to be safe and start up a new character before starting on your mayor?

From experience it takes two days. The first day the camper goes back to their 'old town' to pack and stuff, then the plot appears the day after. If it's one day after you invited a camper I don't think there's any risk of a plot being there from the camper, so don't feel the need to start a new character until it's the second day. :)

i would start up a new save file each day and check twice around your town for a plot. i got tia from the campsite like 3 or 4 days ago and she still hasn't moved in >___> but it just became a new day in my game so i'm pretty sure she'll be plotting.

From experience it takes two days. The first day the camper goes back to their 'old town' to pack and stuff, then the plot appears the day after. If it's one day after you invited a camper I don't think there's any risk of a plot being there from the camper, so don't feel the need to start a new character until it's the second day.

Thanks to both of you... Tomorrow, or rather later today will be considered the second day... I'm guessing I should clear a spot for where I put a house just in case (so i don't lose my flowers or anything.)

Sorry if this has been asked, I didn't see it in the parent post...

When doing HHA challenges, do I have to have one set per room, or can I shake it up?

Example:
Rustic Theme. Ranch in main room, green in right room, modern wood in left room, etc?

or can I actually have a mix of sets in the living room, the beds/bedroom accessories in another room?

Also do they penalize you for having multiples of one piece? Since Ranch doesn't have a "king" bed, I usually just buy two and slide them together to make one big bed, but if that loses me points I'll put it away until I've maxed out what I want to.

Thanks!

Sorry if this has been asked, I didn't see it in the parent post...

When doing HHA challenges, do I have to have one set per room, or can I shake it up?

Example:
Rustic Theme. Ranch in main room, green in right room, modern wood in left room, etc?

or can I actually have a mix of sets in the living room, the beds/bedroom accessories in another room?

Also do they penalize you for having multiples of one piece? Since Ranch doesn't have a "king" bed, I usually just buy two and slide them together to make one big bed, but if that loses me points I'll put it away until I've maxed out what I want to.

Thanks!

You can shake it up, but receive more points for a matching set per room. There is no penalty for multiple pieces, but also no bonuses. Just regular points.

This FAQ has a guide to scoring big and avoiding penalties: http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/997811-animal-crossing-new-leaf/faqs/65246

You'll want to find Section 58.

A stupid question about a stupid bug... does the Walking Leaf appear in multiplayer? Either way, how does one find one? I've read every wiki and done just about everything... but I have yet to encounter one... :(

A stupid question about a stupid bug... does the Walking Leaf appear in multiplayer? Either way, how does one find one? I've read every wiki and done just about everything... but I have yet to encounter one... :(

This guide seems to suggest that the Walking Leaf doesn't appear in multiplayer/when the gates are open. I've read that they seem to like spawning next to trees, so maybe plant some trees or try hunting for them in areas with lots of trees? I've only seen this mentioned a few times, though, so I'm not sure if it's actually true or not. Best of luck catching one!

how often do campers show up?

Camper visits are entirely random. They don't show up on most event days (there are a few exceptions, but I don't remember them off the top of my head since they are so few and far in between), but any other day is fair game. It seems like some days have a better chance of seeing campers, but it's still random ultimately. I've had campers come every day in a week and then not appear a single time for nearly a month.

Camper visits are entirely random. They don't show up on most event days (there are a few exceptions, but I don't remember them off the top of my head since they are so few and far in between), but any other day is fair game. It seems like some days have a better chance of seeing campers, but it's still random ultimately. I've had campers come every day in a week and then not appear a single time for nearly a month.

Thanks. I was just hoping one I want would show up while I have 9 villagers lol, but it seems that my luck would have it that it stays empty

Thanks. I was just hoping one I want would show up while I have 9 villagers lol, but it seems that my luck would have it that it stays empty

Ah, I see. Campsites seem to work like that; when you have open space, you won't get anything, but when you're full, you'll find some really cool villagers, haha. You can try campsite resetting if you don't mind doing that. It's painfully boring, though.

Ah, I see. Campsites seem to work like that; when you have open space, you won't get anything, but when you're full, you'll find some really cool villagers, haha. You can try campsite resetting if you don't mind doing that. It's painfully boring, though.

How does that work? o.o

How does that work? o.o

To campsite reset, at the beginning of the day, start with a new character, and when you arrive in town check to see who is in the campsite. If it is somebody you don't want/nobody, turn off the game. Retry untilyou get a villager that you want. If it is somebody you want, go through with making the character a resident, and then use your mayor to make them move in.

To campsite reset, at the beginning of the day, start with a new character, and when you arrive in town check to see who is in the campsite. If it is somebody you don't want/nobody, turn off the game. Retry untilyou get a villager that you want. If it is somebody you want, go through with making the character a resident, and then use your mayor to make them move in.

Oh, okay. Thanks! Is it only at the beginning of the day or when I first turn the game on?

Last edited:
Oh, okay. Thanks! Is it only at the beginning of the day or when I first turn the game on?

It's when you first turn on the game for that day (which starts at 6 a.m.).

It's basically the same as the plot reset trick, if you know about that. Campsite resetting is just another exploit that comes with it. Again, it's painfully boring and takes forever since you're not guaranteed to see a camper, and when you do, it's random who you see. You'll probably get about one camper for every ten resets.

Last edited:
It's when you first turn on the game for that day (which starts at 6 a.m.).

It's basically the same as the plot reset trick, if you know about that. Campsite resetting is just another exploit that comes with it. Again, it's painfully boring and takes forever since you're not guaranteed to see a camper, and when you do, it's random who you see. You'll probably get about one camper for every ten resets.

Oh, ew. I've never plot reset, I just (unfortunately) let them plop down anywhere. I may try this with the camp site though. Just to try it. I'd like choose the 10th villager, because I don't mind random villagers, I just don't want one I hate.

Oh, ew. I've never plot reset, I just (unfortunately) let them plop down anywhere. I may try this with the camp site though. Just to try it. I'd like choose the 10th villager, because I don't mind random villagers, I just don't want one I hate.

Haha, you might as well try it if you have a little time to waste and don't have anything else better to do. If anything, it's an interesting experience to just see how uncommon campers are, and you end up realizing, "Oh. So this is why I haven't had a good camper in ages. Because it's literally a one in ten chance of even getting one to begin with."

Best of luck finding a villager you like! If you keep an eye out on the villager adopting section of the forums, you might also be able to pick someone you like, especially if you don't really have anyone specific in mind. Then you won't need to worry about the campsite.

Last edited:
Haha, you might as well try it if you have a little time to waste and don't have anything else better to do. If anything, it's an interesting experience to just see how uncommon campers are, and you end up realizing, "Oh. So this is why I haven't had a good camper in ages. Because it's literally a one in ten chance of even getting one to begin with."

Best of luck finding a villager you like! If you keep an eye out on the villager adopting section of the forums, you might also be able to pick someone you like, especially if you don't really have anyone specific in mind. Then you won't need to worry about the campsite.

Yeah. I have a "list" of dream villagers, but I am pretty chill and I don't mind veering from the list. I had Gladys once, and messed up getting her. It was sad. Then I got Bam, and I didn;t have room. Oh well. Yeah, I am keeping a look out. All the ones I really like show up when I have 10 LOL

Back