• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Ask The Staff: Non site-related questions!

Well I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to give a rating if you never had an online interaction with the person...

I'm curious if the mods will take action on/investigate cases like that. I saw the raring once, but it got deleted I think.

It's a support group, so I don't see how it's silly. What I see is it starting to get out of hand eventually (I could be wrong). Oh and I thought you were talking about this (Ask the staff) thread at first. :p

My question is why someone would need a support group for a classification of a star?

I don't think anyone is being traumatized over the way astronomers classify stars.

Last edited:
My question is why someone would need a support group for a classification of a star?

I don't think anyone is being traumatized over the way astronomers classify stars.
I had no idea what they were talking about at first, until I asked. If it's what they believe in and if they want to start a serious support group for it, then I think we should let them be. ^-^
Something you don't think is that important could be more important to someone else afterall hehe.

I saw a girl pity a scammer on the Villager Trading Plaza, and a fight broke out because the OP didn't feel comfortable selling the villager to her because she had alot of bad wifi-ratings. Then, a random girl just decided to give her a positive Wi-Fi rating, that said : "Everybody deserves second chances :)"
Because she pitied the scammer. Is there any rules regarding giving false wifi-rating reports? If so, what would be the punishment for the one who gave the false report?

Question bump :)

I saw a girl pity a scammer on the Villager Trading Plaza, and a fight broke out because the OP didn't feel comfortable selling the villager to her because she had alot of bad wifi-ratings. Then, a random girl just decided to give her a positive Wi-Fi rating, that said : "Everybody deserves second chances :)"
Because she pitied the scammer. Is there any rules regarding giving false wifi-rating reports? If so, what would be the punishment for the one who gave the false report?

False ratings, whether positive or negative, will be removed and the false rating giver may be punished. There are certain ratings that are obviously false, some ratings need proof from both parties in order to be removed, and some ratings are removed because someone wasn't using the wifi system correctly. Point is, if you have never wified with someone you don't leave them a wifi rating. The only, and I do mean only, other thing you can use wifi rating on is Auctions if and ONLY IF someone failed to follow through after picking a winner or saying they will pick up the item. That's it. Not for trades, not for giveaways, not for sales, buys, just because you hate someone, because someone offended you, because you are a nice person, etc.

Here is the excerpt from Bell Tree Direct 3/11/14:
Auctions in Re-Tail and Villager Trading Plaza
When hosting an auction for your items or moving villagers, you must follow through with the sale unless you explicitly stated that the auction results are subject to be changed. Otherwise, the auction winner may give the host negative feedback for failing to complete the sale. The auction winner may also receive negative feedback if he or she fails to follow through with the purchase. Include as many rules with your auction as you feel fit, such as starting bid price, time limit, and bidding increments.

False ratings, whether positive or negative, will be removed and the false rating giver may be punished. There are certain ratings that are obviously false, some ratings need proof from both parties in order to be removed, and some ratings are removed because someone wasn't using the wifi system correctly. Point is, if you have never wified with someone you don't leave them a wifi rating. The only, and I do mean only, other thing you can use wifi rating on is Auctions if and ONLY IF someone failed to follow through after picking a winner or saying they will pick up the item. That's it. Not for trades, not for giveaways, not for sales, buys, just because you hate someone, because someone offended you, because you are a nice person, etc.
Thank you for answering my question. Does the rule also apply to Giveaways? Example, when the person who is hosting a villager giveaway accidentally voids the villager, do I give him/her a negative Wi-Fi rating for failing to give the villager away to the me if I am the winner?

Last edited:
Guys, lets get this thread cleaned up a bit alright? There has been way too much spamming in here recently and a lot of legitimate questions have been getting passed up because of it.

So starting from this point, cut the chatter down a bit and try to stick to actual questions.

I don't know any bad apples on TBT... Maybe they aren't trying hard enough.

not even 5 pages past and now we are back to chatter

Okay, I'm sorry but I don't see why you need to pick on my post in particular. I never even saw that post so I don't see how I've done anything too wrong, and it's not like I spam 24/7 on this thread at all.
I've seen it now so I know, but I don't like how you just pull me out to me on the spot.

You have no room to talk. Was that reply necessary? It doesn't contribute to this thread. Anyways, Is the ACNL Board going to be moved to General AC Board once a new Animal Crossing game comes out?

You have no room to talk. Was that reply necessary? It doesn't contribute to this thread. Anyways, Is the ACNL Board going to be moved to General AC Board once a new Animal Crossing game comes out?
I hope not, unless the new game is for the 3ds. If it is for the Wii U, then I don't think a lot of people will have it. Someone had a thread a while back asking people if they would play the new game if it came out for Wii U, and they said no.

Once the next game is officially revealed there will likely be a be official discussion board, moving that future game's discussion from AC general to said board. Once the game is released, City Folk will end up as a subboard for ac general, and new leaf will be moved down. Id bet at that time, VTP will become a subboard of Retail or ACNL online to save space.

Thank you for answering my question. Does the rule also apply to Giveaways? Example, when the person who is hosting a villager giveaway accidentally voids the villager, do I give him/her a negative Wi-Fi rating for failing to give the villager away to the me if I am the winner?

It does not apply to giveaways.

Enough arguing guys, get back on topic. If you have any questions please ask away

Last edited:
Are you allowed to post a villager auction on multiple sites? I have noticed quite a few where the auctioneer announces that the villager will be going to a higher bidder on Reddit or other sites.

Back