• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Ask The Staff: Non site-related questions!

Are you allowed to post a villager auction on multiple sites? I have noticed quite a few where the auctioneer announces that the villager will be going to a higher bidder on Reddit or other sites.

There isn't an official rule about it but it's best if you don't. You are wasting TBT members time when you make auctions on multiple sites, not only that but if no one wins on the Bell Tree the auction you made here is just spam :(

There isn't an official rule about it but it's best if you don't. You are wasting TBT members time when you make auctions on multiple sites, not only that but if no one wins on the Bell Tree the auction you made here is just spam :(

Thank you. I saw a player post it wasn't allowed but I couldn't find out where that was written down.

can't you just tell them someone pm'd them a buyout so no one suspects anything?

but even if you lie and they don't find out no ones mad or sad so its good in that case right?

We have been discussing that all forms of bidding need to be in the thread and not through VM or PM. If a person isn't serious about giving away a villager then they don't need to make a thread.

Flop, I've not received an official warning but I do believe I've been talked to about mini modding when I first joined lol

A bit ironic because Kaiaa was the one who gave me my mini-modding warning when I joined. Never again did I do it because Nagisa is too adorable to be disobeyed to. ._.

Speaking of which: Are infractions you have recieved allowed to be discussed? Even the ones that aren't as severe? uwu

Last edited:
what happens when you refer someone to this site and when they make a account they say I referred them?

What counts as a good or bad quality post? Does it just have to be, like, readable? Just wondering.

Oh and I know an example of bad quality is posting a picture on it's own with no text or something.

Last edited:
What counts as a good or bad quality post? Does it just have to be, like, readable? Just wondering.

Oh and I know an example of bad quality is posting a picture on it's own with no text or something.

For me, it has to be readable, that actually contributes to the topic. Should have very good points, and be very direct to the point.
I don't like a long wall of text full of nonsense *-*

If it's a one-line post or something that doesn't contribute to the discussion or to the purpose of the thread, I don't consider it quality. Hopefully a Mod can clarify this. :)

What kind of hamburger does Kaiaa live in?

Can Mods still view someone's visitor messages if they have their privacy settings to "friends only?" I've seen some bad things being discussed via VM. ;-;

Last edited:
If it's a one-line post or something that doesn't contribute to the discussion or to the purpose of the thread, I don't consider it quality. Hopefully a Mod can clarify this. :)

What kind of hamburger does Kaiaa love in?

Can Mods still view someone's visitor messages if they have their privacy settings to "friends only?" I've seen some bad things being.discusse via VM. ;-;

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ninja'd. ;-;

I'm guessing Kaiaa lives in a Big Mac or a Baconator.
But the real question is does Zr388 really live in Tumbleweed town, Texas?

Speaking of which: Are infractions you have recieved allowed to be discussed? Even the ones that aren't as severe? uwu
You can tell whoever you feel like.

Bad quality posts violate the post quality rules, are spamlike, or are unhelpful to a situation/unneeded.

Mods can view anything even if you put a setting on it. Your VMs, when you're online (if invisible), deleted posts and threads, etc.

What kind of hamburger does Kaiaa live in?

Can Mods still view someone's visitor messages if they have their privacy settings to "friends only?" I've seen some bad things being discussed via VM. ;-;

1) I live in any hamburger, but not ones with mayo. I don't like mayo. 2)We can see everything but that doesn't mean we check every members VMs, threads, posts. With so many members, that's impossible for us to do. That's why its so helpful for members to report things so they can be dealt with because we might not see whats going on!

I saw Karen's "Do my homework thread" got closed. Before I saw this, I was thinking about opening a thread in the tbt marketplace asking people to help with some of my homework. I was going to post that I specifically only wanted someone to guide/help me in solving/understanding certain problems/questions/assignments instead of giving me answers, and in return I would tip them tbt. Would this type of thread be closed too?

I saw Karen's "Do my homework thread" got closed. Before I saw this, I was thinking about opening a thread in the tbt marketplace asking people to help with some of my homework. I was going to post that I specifically only wanted someone to guide/help me in solving/understanding certain problems/questions/assignments instead of giving me answers, and in return I would tip them tbt. Would this type of thread be closed too?
It's basically the same thing to be honest haha.
I guess the mods/admins advice everybody to do their homework themselves, because
it's for our own good.

Back