• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Ask The Staff: Non site-related questions!

It's basically the same thing to be honest haha.
I guess the mods/admins advice everybody to do their homework themselves, because
it's for our own good.
That's strange, because I had a thread last year asking for people to check my English essay and tell me if there's anything I could improve on. The mods seemed fine with it, and I'd say it's technically asking for help.
I opened the thread in Brewster's cafe though and wasn't paying them though...

Asking for help is fine. But asking for nothing but the answer is questionable.

but still what if you pm people about it and they don't care if it's an unofficial rule

Last edited:
but still what if you pm people about it and they don't care if it's an unofficial rule

I don't know, it's not like we're an after school program or something. We don't monitor this sort of thing. But if someone asks someone else to write a paper for them- that is morally questionable, so I can see why a moderator would lock it.

Read something about re-arranging your collectibles (not bought services like username changes) the other day, apparently a mod had done it by activating them in your settings one at a time in the desired order. After a few minutes of testing, it seems they only display in alphabetical order.

EDIT: Nevermind, cake threw that theory out the window >.>

Orange
Pear
Cake

lolno.

How do you arrange them otherwise?

Last edited:
Read something about re-arranging your collectibles (not bought services like username changes) the other day, apparently a mod had done it by activating them in your settings one at a time in the desired order. After a few minutes of testing, it seems they only display in alphabetical order.

How do you arrange them otherwise?

By default, it displays them in the order they were purchased. ZR said you can change the order by disabling all of them. I have not tested that yet, but if it doesn't work, there will be something in the future that will help.

By default, it displays them in the order they were purchased. ZR said you can change the order by disabling all of them. I have not tested that yet, but if it doesn't work, there will be something in the future that will help.

It appears to work until you get more than 3-4 items there xD

Ideally I'd like to keep my Birthstones in order by month as I get them, and my fruits/cakes in alphabetical order. I'm thinking you can add some code to allow us to drop and drag them in order on the settings page for them?

Thanks for the response :)

Last edited:
I saw Karen's "Do my homework thread" got closed. Before I saw this, I was thinking about opening a thread in the tbt marketplace asking people to help with some of my homework. I was going to post that I specifically only wanted someone to guide/help me in solving/understanding certain problems/questions/assignments instead of giving me answers, and in return I would tip them tbt. Would this type of thread be closed too?

Asking for help is different than asking for answers. I don't mind you all tutoring and helping but giving answers isn't doing anything but making a person lazy to do their own work. If you all need homework help you are more than welcome to help but I don't want to see anyone giving the answer. Instead you should teach the person how to do the problem so that they can come up with the answer. Tutoring does not mean giving the answer, that is called cheating or being academically dishonest.

I have tried and it didn't work for me >~<

Are Mods impressed at all by all these people sucking up to them in hopes of a Mod position? I'm becoming rather annoyed by all these mini-modders who think they're showing the "good example" of a Mod.

No. If anyone is sucking up it's not going to help them any.

Also, WHY would you want to be a mod? You guys can see the crap we have do deal with on an almost daily basis.

Our jobs are thankless and stressful most of the time.

Also, WHY would you want to be a mod? You guys can see the crap we have do deal with on an almost daily basis.

Maybe some of us just like to suffer.

Mods are kinda looked up to by most of us here, unless your naughty, then you get told off...

Thanks mods for everything you do!

If you don't want to be a mod just quit

Last edited:

From my experience on other websites, people want to be mods or staff members for the authority and name recognition. Most are ignorant of what mods really do... They just see being able to ban people and have authority over regular members, but they don't realize how time consuming and stressful it can be dealing with responsibilities around the forum constantly + having a life, something masses seem to think forum moderators don't have.

;_;

If you don't want to be a mod just quit

Oh wow. That is rude. Holy ****

Think before you post anything. They have to do their jobs for our safety in the BellTree.
If you're going to be rude, take it somewhere else.

Question : Will there be any planned surprises for this coming Easter? :)

Last edited:
Oh wow. That is rude. Holy ****

Think before you post anything. They have to do their jobs for our safety in the BellTree.
If you're going to be rude, take it somewhere else.

Question : Will there be any planned surprises for this coming Easter? :)

Not a surprise if they tell us ;)

Back