• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Auction Auction for Marshal! Starting at 75k! (WINNER: Meilumi!)

I just want to point out that 21 millions is too much money o_o

Just want to point out that Marshalls last two auctions on tbt went for 50m and 75m respectively. His actual value is around 70m-120m average currently based on sales netwide. This means currently this one is a bargain.

Last edited:
Just want to point out that Marshalls last two auctions on tbt went for 50m and 75m respectively. His actual value is around 70m-120m average currently based on sales netwide. This means currently this one is a bargain.

Can you stop going around and telling people fake prices? Just because twice he recently sold for that high doesn't mean he is that high all the time, and it doesn't mean that 21m is low. Marshal along with ANY animal will go for how much the person offering values it. That value only nets towards people who bumped it up that high in auctions.

20m is a lot to people who don't have duped gold to shell out and don't sell villagers or don't have villagers worth selling.

This is coming from the person who bought Marshal for the 75m you mentioned. His general worth in my opinion is 5-15m, but I was willing to pay up to 100m for him because I like him, so I did. That doesn't mean that's his price just because a small amount of select people are willing to do the same.

Sorry if this seems rude, but you're often correcting people on Marshal prices lately and it just seems to me like you're trying to bump up the prices on TBT or something. Thankfully, TBT/AXA is currently the only forums I know of with rational prices. Everything else is skyrocketed. For the folks who like to play legitly (using this word loosely, don't shoot me), it's pretty unfair to designate such prices.

Last edited:
Can you stop going around and telling people fake prices? Just because twice he recently sold for that high doesn't mean he is that high all the time, and it doesn't mean that 21m is low. Marshal along with ANY animal will go for how much the person offering values it. That value only nets towards people who bumped it up that high in auctions.

20m is a lot to people who don't have duped gold to shell out and don't sell villagers or don't have villagers worth selling.

This is coming from the person who bought Marshal for the 75m you mentioned. His general worth in my opinion is 5-15m, but I was willing to pay up to 100m for him because I like him, so I did. That doesn't mean that's his price just because a small amount of select people are willing to do the same.

Sorry if this seems rude, but you're often correcting people on Marshal prices lately and it just seems to me like you're trying to bump up the prices on TBT or something. Thankfully, TBT/AXA is currently the only forums I know of with rational prices. Everything else is skyrocketed. For the folks who like to play legitly (using this word loosely, don't shoot me), it's pretty unfair to designate such prices.

^ this

Wow, came back to see high prices! Saw 2 people with interesting different opinions on the matter, I'd just like to say that I have no idea what villager prices are like, I just set up the price. However, I do think that both arguments are fair game.

So far, highest price is 24 Million bells from Snillos! These prices are so high...

Last edited:

Not saying OMGZ BUY 4 THIS. I'm also not saying SELL FOR NOTHING BELOW THIS. I also gain nothing from inflating prices, I have 1 town, do not have Marshall, and probably wouldn't sell him even if I got him. **** most of the stuff I do for people is free. =/

I'm responding when someone is pricing the character incorrectly or attempting to devalue high demand goods, especially when the Auctioneer or potential buyer has no idea the value of their goods. At this point the seller is susceptible to low buyouts and reselling swindlers. While I do like seeing people get what they want, I don't like watching sellers get ripped off either by early 25% value buyout scammers.

In the end it's up the the sellers discretion for how much they are willing to give it up for, and the buyer to how much they are willing to part with it for. However knowing what you are getting into when you have high demand low supply goods is just courtesy to the seller. Those claiming the item is of lower value than recent purchases or current average value do the seller a disservice, as the best way to understand the demand of a product is by it's most recent consistent sales.

Last edited:
@ Pidjiken: I don't want to make a flame war, just playing civil, but - I felt like that was aimed directly at me, but I won't take it heavily. I can't really use it against me anyway. People already auctioned it off pretty high. You make a good point, I'll keep it in mind for my next auction.

Last edited:
I'm responding when someone is pricing the character incorrectly or attempting to devalue high demand goods, especially when the Auctioneer or potential buyer has no idea the value of their goods. At this point the seller is susceptible to low buyouts and reselling swindlers. While I do like seeing people get what they want, I don't like watching sellers get ripped off either by early 25% value buyout scammers.

OP didn't ask for a price though..? :s

If OP wanted a price all they had to do was search for Marshal's name. Clearly OP is aware of how to use the forums functions you can see just by looking at their profile and posts. If it was a huge issue for them they would have covered it.

No price is ever 'incorrect'. True, you may be able to get more from one villager or another, but if OP doesn't really care, then that's up to them.

It's nice of you to be concerned for others but it honestly just looked like you were bumping the price up. I know you can't really control how your words sound to others, but by the way you wrote both of your responses it looked like you were trying to enforce a specific price. I would just suggest in the future if you're to continue doing this, that you be careful of your wording, sweetheart. >w<;

Sticking that in a spoiler! Sorry, for disrupting the auction! >w<;

Last edited:
@ Pidjiken: I don't want to make a flame war, just playing civil, but - I felt like that was aimed directly at me, but I won't take it lightly. I can't really use it against me however. People already auctioned it off pretty higher. You make a good point, I'll keep it in mind for my next auction.

It was a general blanket statement directed at nobody. It is difficult to find an accurate assessment for rarer goods for anyone since they go on sale less often than most since the demand is so high. Most people who get him keep him straight out, which is why sales for Marshall skyrocket so quickly.

Good luck with your auction, I actually like that you outright deny buyouts. It's a smart thing to do when you don't know the value of your product. There is more I'd like to say here but I think it'd be wiser for me to pm it to you instead. :3 May you receive an ample sum for your sale, and may the seller receive their dream. ~<3

After an argument with good reasoning, the price still stays at 26 Million with ghoulsnap! People are desperate for Marshal. Remember that 2 days when auction is over, I will PM the winner.

OP didn't ask for a price though..? :s

If OP wanted a price all they had to do was search for Marshal's name. Clearly OP is aware of how to use the forums functions you can see just by looking at their profile and posts. If it was a huge issue for them they would have covered it.

No price is ever 'incorrect'. True, you may be able to get more from one villager or another, but if OP doesn't really care, then that's up to them.

It's nice of you to be concerned for others but it honestly just looked like you were bumping the price up. I know you can't really control how your words sound to others, but by the way you wrote both of your responses it looked like you were trying to enforce a specific price. I would just suggest in the future if you're to continue doing this, that you be careful of your wording, sweetheart. >w<;

Sticking that in a spoiler! Sorry, for disrupting the auction! >w<;
It's quite alright doll~

I buy a lot of dream villagers, however most of them are not for me. It's typically a random gift for someone who actually wants it. 9 times out of ten I don't even know the person I buy it for. It's just nice to see them happy.

As for myself I have only acquired 3 of my dream VGRs. **** I don't even know the other 7 I want. xD

If you wish to continue this conversation we should honestly take it to pm. In any case my reasons have been correctly displayed and understood so this little small altercation is resolved. <3

30 Minutes Left!

In the lead: ghoulsnap, with 26 Million Bells. Who will avail?

How about 30 million bells?
Marshal is the last of my dream villagers and I would reset for him myself, but I have no way of getting him right now other than through the campsite or inviting him over from another town.

@superheroantics: Sorry, I have no idea why, but the laptop time is is like 2 hours off from real.

Lead Price: Meilumi, with 30 million Bells!

Back