• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Alolan_Apples

“Assorted” Collector
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Island
Palm City
Flower Glow Wand
Cool Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Yule Log
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Tetris Grid
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
After over three months of having the Eevee groom avatar or my longest running avatar of Eevees around a bowl of apples, I have changed my avatar to my second favorite Pokémon, the Alolan Vulpix.

Not just a Vulpix. Two Vulpixes. And they are holding onto collectibles. Frosty (the shiny Vulpix) is carrying a Frost Egg, which was released in 2018 during the 6th Annual Egg Hunt, while McFlurry (the regular Vulpix) is carrying a Snowflake Glow Wand, which you can get in ACNL, but it yet has to be released on this forum. Although I did the animations, the full credit of this avatar goes to xSuperMario64x (including the animation) for drawing it for me. I initially requested an avatar of two Vulpixes in an ice cave holding winter-themed collectibles, and have it animated. Instead, I got this:

61474703-1890651174370075-4514822883721084928-n.jpg

The centerpiece was exactly what I envisioned. The shading and the shiny Vulpix, I never said anything about that in my initial order, but when I was asked questions about that, I approved as it looked better than what I initially asked for. The only difference was the background. Instead of a cave background, I got a sky background. I liked the background, but since it was a little too bright, I had to tweak the brightness of the background, so it would look like they’re in a cave or the outdoors at night. The animations, I had to do that part. Very few artists could do animations, and there aren’t very many artists active at this time. What I did there was that I made some of the stars twinkle while the glow wand dims.

The reason why changing my avatar was worth blogging about isn’t just because I rarely do it. It’s been over two years since I had an animated avatar, and I never had an animated avatar since I changed my username to Alolan_Apples. This is not only my first animated avatar in a while, but it’s also the first animated avatar I had involving Pokémon. It’s been quite a while since I had the same avatar, signature, or whatever, but I am due for a makeover. The signature can wait for a while, but the avatar was already done.

Back