• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Mafia Baby Mafia - Main thread.

I don't know if anyone who's received an item box before can confirm this, but I can't use my recharged ability the same night it got recharged. ShellBell did recharge me, and I have mine back now (thank you!!!!), but I was not allowed to use it/have to wait till tomorrow
Post automatically merged:

I thought I'd be able to use it same night, but apparently that's not the case

Anywho, here's my response to everything that went down before I could wake up (as I woke up after thread lock and rosie's messages)

Just kinda going in order with the messages I missed from before night hit:

“it was worded as an item box was thrown/passed to me” ~Rosie

Shellbell confirmed that no notification will be given if someone already has an ability that does not need charging, which you said you did. This is inconsistent with Emolga not knowing that they were the one charged on night 2. Granted, people can misread or forget things in the heat of the moment.

I asked you the question because Emolga didn’t come forward and say he was charged when I revealed I wasn’t on night 2. I wanted to see if he would know that they were charged and were withholding the truth. ShellBell came forward to clarify their ability though.

But yeah, according to both of them, you wouldn’t have been told ShellBell charged you night 1^ so tis a lie unless someone is misremembering/misreading

1 - kiko was super quiet day 1, but chose to use their ability night 1 on someone obviously townie without pushing questions during the day (like compare that to how many questions kiko asks now), once pressure was applied, kiko has completely changed their behaviour drastically” ~Rosie

I was inactive that day cuz I was moving homes, oops 👀 I introduced myself as being into these types of games, so as soon as I was free I got very active.
ShellBell was not “obviously townie” on day 1, no one was, it was day 1. I also did not use my ability on ShellBell, or anyone for that matter, I simply ‘used my ability’. For instance, I knew that Kattea didn’t use her ability on night 1, i didn’t only know about shellbell. My reasons for keeping my ability ambiguous are in line with Emolga’s I think, now that I understand what they’re hinting at “I think?”.
I also justified why I used my ability on night 1, and it goes deeper than agreeing with shellbell to use abilities on night 1. I was led to believe that using my ability that night would be very effective (sadly, it wasn’t).

“2 - that fact you had access to your ability night 1????? I get the impression the majority of us didnt - so this skews the pattern, especially with a fairly 'powerful' role of detective, I'm kinda not buying it anymore lmao” ~Rosie

ShellBell had access to their ability night 1 and you’re very confident in them. Again, I’m not the detective. If it helps, I kinda jumped the gun on calling shellbell ‘safe’. I meant it more like, they were being honest with things at the time, and at the time, I didn’t think mafia would possibly get their own abilities so I was like “must be a townie as they have an ability”.

“3 - the push to have a recharge night 2, honestly I think you could be mafia, used your mafia ability night 1, and want a recharge on your ability so you can use it again, maybe you were the one to use the 'mask' ability or whatever on Kilza and frame Mistreil if she's telling the truth” ~Rosie

The mask ability and any sort of ’sleepwalking’ or overt framing abilities sound a little too OP for baby circuit. imo, they’re not in the game. If I used my mafia ability night 1, it would’ve definitely been a hot topic during day 2, and yet seemingly nothing negative happened to anyone?. The only glimpse of a mafia ability possibly being used was the boo on Mistreil. That’s part of the reason why I was inclined to believe them, because they’re the only person in 2 nights to notice anything about the mafia’s actions. Their telling the truth also goes in line with there being no “masking” ability because it means that yeah, they didn’t visit kilza, and you were the one who was being dishonest.

“4 - you're super active, asking a lot of Qs and seem to analyse the situation pretty well, HOWEVER - why was this not the case in using your 'detective' ability, I think you chose to clear shell to get her on your good side so you could get that recharge on that maf ability “ ~Rosie

The short answer is, I don’t know how effective my ability will be on a given night. Again, (and I discussed this earlier, and have heavily hinted at exactly what my ability does), I was *led to believe* that it would be incredibly effective on that first night and give us a head start, but alas, it was not. The only thing I could really do in day 2 was validate ShellBell’s claim.

If I’m being *completely* honest, I feel like, if Rosie is with the squirtle squad, they’re trying to monopolize on the suspicion I created around myself (intentionaly**) to get me voted out while the mafia kill someone else (2 birds in one night, including (I’m guessing) a perceived threat to the mafia).

I’ve also said this before but, if I had my ability up for night 2, not only would we know if Mistreil is telling the truth about a boo being sent to her, we’d have been able to figure out who sent that boo. People have repeatedly talked about not revealing their full ability to not be a target, and I think that it is very warranted in my case. Atm, the only information giving ability I fully believe in is Kattea’s (still unsure of Rosie’s as it seems a little OP (a guaranteed mafia found every night if shell recharges them???)), as I’ve always been, not just cuz they’re sussing me), and then there’s my own.

Rationally speaking, would the townsfolk really be given only one information ability in a game this size? one ability and one single use ability even is a little pushing it. 1 ability and 2 single use ones sounds ok, so maybe Rosie is in fact telling the truth and Mistreil is just fully denying things, but at this point we can’t know for sure. What I mean here is, literally everyone has claimed a ‘non-informative’ ability except for Kattea, myself, and Rosie, and since it’s most likely 2-3 info abilities exist, 2-3 of us are being honest.

Even if I wasn’t in danger of being a target, I still don’t think I would reveal my ability because it’s good at catching people out (like when I told Kattea that she didn’t use her ability night 1, and then she revealed that she misspoke and forgot to include the fact that hers doesn’t charge until night2). If everyone knew my ability, they likely wouldn’t speak up as much, and we need people to be speaking up. (I’ll also add that there was lots of silence and a lack of info until I started to directly probe/sus people, and we’ve been able to establish a decent number of innocents that way)

And on a small note, you made your first post today at 5am my time (@Rosie), and I was asleep :p I sleep until 1-2pm cuz I go to bed close to 4am, so was not able to respond to your things until now. I was intending on waking up before 12 to get a vote in, but alas, the bed be too comfy.

Other thoughts:

Re: Tessa’s ability and Mistreil’s eviction
ok guys I think we made a mistake here
like the heck kinda “townsfolk” ability is a vote veto, that is the least democratic thing I’ve heard in this game and see zero reason or benefit to giving such an ability to a townsfolk. I think it’s legit, and that Tessa was honest about it, but that is *not* a townsfolk ability and does next to nothing for us. On the contrary, it *would* benefit the mafia quite a bit. I’m near certain Tessa is one of the mafia now, and they should also be the first one we evict given that they could veto their partner (note: Tessa didn’t veto Mistreil, so Mistreil must’ve been innocent!! (unlessa Tessa needs to use the ability preemptively?)). I think us switching from Mistreil to Tessa while Rosie was gone could also have been what spurred rosie’s recent messages. If I *had* to guess the present state of the game, I’d say: Tessa is a mafia member and her ability is her real ability, and rosie is also a mafia member, and they were the one who used the boo on Mistreil. At the same time, Bungo is flying a little under the radar, but they’ve done nothing questionable really yet. ShellBell’s power seems 100% like it would go to a townie, and as I established earlier, we have so few informative abilities, that kattea, and at least one of me or rosie (could be both) are also townies out of necessity. I also am fairly certain that Emolga is a townie now too (I picked up what you were putting down *winkwink*). Equity’s line of questioning for Mistreil was also very town-like, and alluded to her own ability’s function. As her ability does not protect from a vote, it only protects from the mafia, and why would she need protection from the mafia if she was one of them? This leaves Mistreil (gone :’( and not vetoed by Tessa), Rosie (the anti-mistreil), Tessa (with the mafia-ish ability), and Myself. (Bungo could also be included maybe?). *Hopefully* I’ve convinced enough of you that I’m here to play the game for the townsfolk. Hopefully you can see how my actions led to truths and discoveries. If I had my ability up for night 2, yes, we could’ve won by now (actually, if Rosie used the boo, I’d’ve just seen that rosie used an ability, so we might be in the same spot as we are now). [RACTED ABILITY REVEAL] (I thought I'd have used it tonight but still have it sooooooo)

RIP Mistreil, I am sorry :(

also, i just picked this up:
“With this in mind, Tessa if ur truly townie u might wanna consider using ur voting ability thing sometime soon (ig tomorrow if not today) since it seems there's a push against u rn (one I'm not completely convinced with)” ~Rosie

it doesn’t prove anything, but it certainly doesn’t contradict their working together

Ok, so that was all typed up from earlier and not all of it is relevant still as Tessa is now dead (partial yay!), but so is Kattea (big rip). I wanted to share all of this to clear up as much as possible. I was intent on sharing my complete power today, as I thought I'd be able to use it the same night it got recharged, but as I couldn't and am still holding onto it, I'm going to keep it a secret (at least for now while we wait for more input on why there 2 deaths tonight???)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the game would be over if 2 townies died last night, so one of them must've been a mafia right? if so, my things still hold^^^

I can't tell if Tessa's love react is her being happy my ability couldn't be used and is a psuedo confirmation she's with the mafia or what :p it could and likely is smthn completely random tho

I'm curious if Equity's power could be used on others, and/or if she redirected a kill onto Tessa? There are no other 'killing' abilities we know of, and everyone's claimed an ability except for Bungo at this point

Equity's would only end up with one death yeah, it's a kill redirect not a vengeful kill, so either Bungo or someone is lying (rosie 👀 ) about their ability. At the same time, if rosie stole the star from Mistreil (Mistreil is an honest townie and rosie used a boo scenario), rosie would not be able to kill 2 folks, so it must have been Bungo who got the deadly power from their mystery box and used it for the 2nd kill? I think the game can still be on actually if there are only two mafia, so it's possible those two are together, but idk why they'd kill Tessa when she was the next primary suspect.

Maybe they intentionally killed Kattea and then the random power Bungo had allowed for a random townie kill? Assuming Rosie is with the mafia, killing Kattea would hurt townies the most as her ability provides nightly information. At this point, I'm the only information giver left so my death *should* be guaranteed for tomorrow (in which case rip me providing info with my newly recharged ability). Hopefully I'll survive. If Rosie wasn't with the mafia, I can see her being a primary target as she can basically out a mafia every night she's charged.

Also note

Rosie never pushed for a charge herself. She kinda just let me have the charge tonight??? I pushed for the charge cuz I didn't trust her and knew I could get info with my ability, but she didn't seem to care for it at all despite her claimed ability being so useful and her outright not trusting me? That seems inconsistent

Why did she let me have the charge with such an *amazing* ability and an overt suspicion of me?

Assuming Emolga and Equity are as trustworthy as I think they are, and they really have no reason to be sussed given what they and others have said, and the events of the past nights, I'm fairly confident Rosie, and then Bungo are remaining suspects 1 and 2. In the case Mistreil was being honest about her star, we should vote out Bungo first so there's 1 mafia left, otherwise they'd take someone out tonight, rosie would have immunity, and it'd be 2v2. (actually, taking bungo out first would still end up with a 1v1 against rosie, which I think is still a mafia win? Idk what the best course of action is here). Assuming rosie felt safe enough to not use the star tonight, this might be our chance?

Last edited:
This has been a lot of thinking out loud (shout out to our observers!), but atm, having percolated in it a lil, I think we vote rosie tonight, and bungo tomorrow. Granted, others may have more to say about tonight, but I personally doubt it as I don't think anyone but me at the moment has an informative ability.

tbh I think the only reason I've been kept around is cuz rosie believes she can turn the townies on me in the end, otherwise I'd likely have been killed before Kattea

Please read all of this btw^ The spoiler isn't as relevant at this point as I've reached the new conclusion that Tessa could actually be innocent in the most likely scenario, but I typed all that up earlier and didn't want it to go to waste

Also, if I phrased anything poorly or something is making a lot of sense, feel free to ask me about it! It's imperative we understand where each of us is coming from

isn't*

I mis-counted again, we have at least 4 townies v 2 mafias at this point, I thought it was 3v2 so was extra worried. Things are just *slightly* less urgent (we know it's not 3v3 cuz the game would be over).

Last edited:
i don't think it's relevant at all but i get no feedback from my ability and i'm dying over here not knowing if it ever even worked (on rosie and emolga). i think maybe neither of them realized the item box was coming from an ability (me), it seems like shawo words it like "a thing just happened". from rosie's summary, it checks out that it came from me (?) unless she was gonna get it anyways like some other people did? but emolga idk, all he said was he didn't have an ability day 1.

anyway, kiko, dude, that's a lot to take in... i've read it all but it's too much for me to draw any conclusions from yet. I'm gonna sit on it and wait for other people to comment. sorry i'm so useless. but glad to hear you got the charge. i've had an idea what your ability does yesterday and you just confirmed it more for me. i hope.... you don't die today.

and RIP Tessa and Kattea 😔

I guess the main takeaways are:

first section -> me trying to clear my name against rosie's claims (and also throughout all of my post in general)

then there's the fact that rosie did not at all try and get recharged last night, which makes no sense given the fact that her supposed power can essentially out a mafia each night (the most OP thing ever), and the fact that the only other person gunning for a recharge (myself) is someone she is overtly suspicious of. Why wouldn't she want the recharge, if not for her own power, to take it away from someone she doesn't trust?

The last bits are me trying to make sense of tonight's 2 deaths and the state of the game.

It's a 4v2 at worst, and a 5v1 at best.

Equity, Emolga, Shellbell, and Myself (including myself in here because shellbell has surmised my ability :love:) are all fairly certainly townies, which leaves rosie and bungo left, who were already the people involved in the most drama or had the least info about themselves provided.
-> We also know all of our powers (unless emolga or equity is lying, which seems relatively unlikely, but could be possible)

Assuming Rosie and Bungo are the mafia, I then considered the case that Rosie did in fact get a star from Mistreil (if Mistreil was not the mafia, their story should be completely true), which meant that it must have been Bungo, with their undisclosed power, that enabled the double kill tonight. The Kattea kill made sense, the Tessa kill seemed random, so I think bungo had an 'eliminate a random townie' power or something of the sort. Alternatively, Bungo used the boo on Mistreil to get the star, and Rosie just had the double kill power all along. I'm not sure if mafia have their own channel of communication, though, and would've been able to coordinate like that.

This post can be considered my "tldr"

coordinate referring to the Mistreil targetting. i.e. if Bungo would've been able to tell rosie "She's vulnerable and couldn't know anything, turn folks against her!" or smthn like that.

There's no real certainty behind my claims though, really, a lot of this is just how I feel about things, but I've been wrong in the past

To clarify your power-up working thing, I received a message along the lines of someone carelessly dropping a box and me picking it up. I don't know if the people who got a power randomly also had "someone" drop it, or if they found it on their own

Also, you haven't been useless at all ShellBell!! Speaking for myself at least, everything I've been able to contribute was indirectly a result of how we could or couldn't interact. despite things not going as seemingly perfectly as they could've, we're still making moves. (Though, if I was charged night 2, I would be able to know more about what went down tonight :p but don't feel bad), you've been basically the center point of lots of rationalizations!

Last edited:
Ok so I didn't want to say it yesterday because obviously I'd be targeted by mafia but maybe they would rather target to eliminate me instead...? Like how kiko is pushing already? But to be fair I have been quiet on my own ability so mb LOL

I tried describing my item yesterday and no one really said anything about it lol- it was a gun. I'm essentially a 1-shot vig and it's used up now. Again, it's the only ability/item I have and I think that role checks out with a killing role on town side which I believe no one else has claimed to have so it makes sense there'd just be one for town. But I still think I had a good reason to not share it outright, I already said sharing what the item was would probably make me sus and a target.

Anyways rip to kattea and tessa except I knew tessa was gonna die bc i shot her YES I SHOT HER if you couldn't tell i was still sus of her yesterday

Tbh i was going to shoot kiko at first because of rosie's post but my gut told me tessa so i changed my shot

And even now with tessa's last post its like why would u say it like that if ur town that doesnt help 😭😭 so i think shes maf

At this point either kiko or rosie is mafia, I'd like to trust rosie but also we still don't even know if mistreil did end up being town or not??? I don't know, I wish this was easier LOL

Rosie seemed to be looking out for tessa in the thread and if she really wanted to she could have just said it in scum chat (I asked shawo and he confirmed there is a scum and obs chat) so part of that wants me to believe that rosie just genuinely thought she was town but honestly idk how any of u guys thought that and a couple of u guys bought it so LOL

Also I read kiko's comment about how the game has 1 less mafia now that we are able to still continue playing, if this is true it means tessa is mafia because I shot her and kattea was very obviously town compared to tessa's vague death post and was the mafia's kill. Kiko also said something about me maybe having a random death on a townie? I'll be honest it just sounds a bit strong to be able to kill multiple ppl a night for mafia with a not very big game towards a few nights in. Hopefully my explanation of basically being 1 shot vig (a town role) and claim of killing tessa as well as my already previous suspicion on her is enough for you guys to believe me and to not vote me out.

(It didn't look like I had any hard claims on tessa besides not feeling like her posts coming back were very strong and feeling sus but pretty much what equity said in her big post I agreed with. I also looked back at her old games and saw her behavior)

I also noticed tessa love reacted kiko's post, and reacts have been fine this game but I'm pretty sure you aren't supposed to do that after you're dead? @shawo

IM SORRY IF I SOUND MEAN AT ALL OR I SEEM LIKE IM PICKING ON U BUT TESSA UR JUST SO SUSSY 😭😭

I have to work in 30 minutes but I will be occasionally checking in, after around 4pm est I'll be able to make more in depth posts like this but otherwise probably small ones

Also I edited chunks of stuff into diff parts after reading more of kiko's posts, I wanted to keep them organized by ideas but they might sound out of place in some parts sorry about that!!!

Last edited:
SINCE THE VOTING THREAD IS LOCKED/CLOSED RN (LMAO) PLEASE CONSIDER THIS AS A VOTE FOR MYSELF SINCE I CANT PHYSICALLY GO AND DO THAT (shawo is asleep rn so this is my only option lol)
I wanted to do this before explaining so this will be followed up with a LONG post shortly (gross more reading ik and it will probably take me a lil while to type up so pls bare with my slow brain xoxo)

VOTE: ROSETTI

so first of all, I'm baffled that I'm still alive and I'm taking this as successfully bamboozling the mafia/ squirtle squad scum LMAO
SO I LIED AGAIN ABOUT MY ABILITY AND SIKED U ALL IM PRETTY HYPED RN THAT IM NOT DEAD LOL

STORYTIME OF MY ABILITY & NEW INFO:

When receiving our role pms before the game started, my pm stated that my role does not have access to an item box until night 3/lap 3 (we are currently on day4)
NIGHT1:
During this night (towards the end/start of Day2) - it was worded as coming into the second lap in the pm, I received a pm stating an item box had been thrown at me - this was Shell using her ability this night on me.
NIGHT2: I used the item box to find out the info about Kilza which stated only Mistreil visited him/used an ability on him (leading to everything discussed on day 2 as I shared this information)
I ALSO GAINED MY ITEM BOX (as originally stated from my role pm at the start) - this one is NOT the recharge from shell. I knew this info coming into day 2 and chose to not share this/state that my ability 'was used up' (a lie) - this was to protect myself from mafia further for the chance they chose not to kill me (which luckily is the scenario that happened!!)
NIGHT3/ LAST NIGHT: I used this item box on Karma, and again, the only person/name to visit Karma was Mistreil.

(I believe Kat used her ability on night 2 on karma but gained no information, assuming because Karma was dead ((this is the night mafia eliminated her)) and Kat can only check alive players, therefore her name did not show on this 'report')

UNDERSTANDING SHELL'S ABILITY:

Firstly, Shell do not doubt yourself - your ability worked on me and was super beneficial (for me at least, it's a different story if the rest of town choose to believe me and my info or not LMAO)

HOWEVER - ideally, I did not want to use the item box so soon and wanted to preferably use it later in game (for a higher chance of more people 'visiting' the player I read and could confirm others abilities if they had been used on this player) but I was unsure of this since I was also acquiring the item box on 'lap 3' - so I asked shawo about it.
From my understanding, we can NOT hold more than one item box at a time.
Therefore, if I did not use the item box acquired on Night 1/used on Night 2 then I would not receive the 'extra' item box that was originally planned/state in my role pm as the items boxes/abilities cannot be stacked.

I am stating/explaining this as it might help out the questioning around if people are getting recharges or not - regardless, do not doubt yourself Shell your ability is amazing and is working xoxo

MY CURRENT MINDSET & BELIEFS/VOTING REASONING:

After using my ability (twice), and mistreils name has continued to be the only one on both Kilza and Karma's, I currently believe she is 100% mafia, since this scenario with my ability has happened twice. If this is the case, the entire thing of Mistreil being framed and having their ability stolen looked like a 'last ditch effort' to save themselves and cause confusion amongst town.

HOWEVER - we discussed the possibility of mafia possibly having a masking ability that framed Mistreil, this still might be the case however I feel as if this would be a one time use only? Otherwise it seems a little OP to have multiple uses - I'm still unsure and it would be nice to hear what other people think!

IN MY OPINION (you do not have to agree), I think we successfully voted out one mafia member (Mistreil), this means there would be 2 mafia members left out of the 6 of us (I think there's 3 mafia total from the start). I totally understand the suspicion around me and people continuing to believe that, therefore if town want to vote me out just in case I support them. I came to this consideration as my ability is completely used up now/useless - the only way I would be able to use it again is if Shell 'recharged' me tonight/night 4, and I would be able to use it night 5 AND stay alive until day 6 to share my information. This is unlikely to happen imo. So I'm genuinely useless ability wise right now LMAO

IF this is the scenario people go by, day 5 will likely result in there being 2 mafia and 2 townies left (as I believe Mistreil was defo mafia, so 2/3 are left) - this is assuming there's not a double night kill by mafia again and just a singular kill, but I suspect this is an ability used up. This might be kinda risky for town, but if it gives them any sort of peace of mind it's an option that I'll support - especially as I'm genuinely useless now - no more sikes LOL

QUESTIONS & CONSIDERATIONS FOR YOU TOWNIES:

With 6 of us left in total (including mafia and townies together) - you guys NEED to start using your abilities and just being totally upfront, I can see the game ending soon/either night 5 or 6 and we are on day 4 right now. Night 4 and maybe night 5 are left to gather info/use your abilities - I really don't see us lasting until night 6/day 7.

💜

Thank you for reading that LOL, I'm gonna address kiko and other things in a separate post in a bit (hope that's coolio kiko) - I totally understand how overwhelming it can be to process a giant post with a lot of info in so this is also acting as a little breather (as I have a feeling my post addressing Kiko is also gonna be rather large lmao I'm sorry gang)

I'm honestly quite scared of the scenario where rosetti is a squirtle and they stole Mistreil's star. A mafia with a star playing off as a townie pretty well is vv dangerous, but at the same time we don't have much evidence against them other than the fact that making mistreil sleepwalk seems unlikely, and I'm inclined to trust Mistreil.

why

My main wants before we hit night again are a few more details from Emolga and Equity on their abilities so we can coordinate better going into tonight if that's possible. I'm useless unless I get my ability back from shell (which I'm kinda doubting). I'm a little nervous about rosetti and Emolga, but that's largely because it does not bode well for us if either of them are squirtles. The primary remaining evidence surrounding them is that rosetti is in conflict with mistreil, so one of them is likely not telling the complete truth, and I'm inclined to believe Mistreil. (there's also the bit about rosie saying that shellbell charged them the first night maybe? but I can confirm that shellbell's action (whatever it was) had *no effect* on anyone; and then for Emolga it's the wishy-washy ness with their ability (not needing a recharge one moment, then needing a recharge the next, then being a multi-function, difficult-to-comprehend ability that we can't know about despite what's already been revealed).

whoops nvm, I *can't* confirm shellbell's ability had no effect night one, only that it was used

why

(snipped)

tbh yeah, I see no reason not to believe Rosie.

but Mistreil is so convincing!

THE FLIP FLOPPING PLS KIKO LMAO

(I'm bringing this up again because it was not fully addressed in your post/up to my satisfaction)
basically, I don't understand why you're so inclined to believe Mistreil over me so significantly
vs believing me over mistreil

IF I was mafia and chose to pick on mistreil like that (keep in mind, do u not think if thats the case then thats super risky and out of nowhere lmao - I'm trying to understand ur perspective) - why out of everyone would I choose to frame Mistreil especially over other people - I honestly had no sus on her anyway until I found out the information from my ability which to me is hard evidence (and my above post elaborates on that)

If you continue to not change your mind that's coolio (I'm kinda ok with being voted out as stated in my latest post - which I think also answers stuff about not pushing for a recharge since I didn't need it and tried to play it v low key about my ability)

also yh I'm kinda writing these posts in blocks partly because of my timezone - all the action happens when I'm asleep LOL - I also enjoy kinda typing up all my reasonings because it allows me to properly analyse the situations/not jumping the gun by posting quickly AND it is something for me to think about LMAO

ALSO I get the impression you think I used a boo ability and now I have mistreils star? Ig voting me out will prove that I don't - and will provide credibility to everything I said if I die from a vote elimination

💫

U GUYS ARE KINDA QUIET TODAY..
DOES ANY1 HAVE ANY INFO OR LIKE.. ANYTHING TO SAY LMAO (I don't want today to be just me and kiko pointing fingers at eachother, I don't think that would be a useful focus of today)

ALSO - I would love to hear from equity to know if the double kill was by mafia or if she used her ability! (I'm assuming its mafia but it's always good to ask/double check)

OMG WAIT I TOTALLY MISREAD LYNNS POST LYNN SHOT TESSA WHAT LMAOOO WWHY

Last edited:
OMG WAIT I TOTALLY MISREAD LYNNS POST LYNN SHOT TESSA WHAT LMAOOO WWHY

WAS SHE NOT SUSSY TO U LIKE AT ALL???? Even her death post is vague on her alignment

and rosie that is quite a lot LOL
I'd like to believe u are telling the truth about mistreil

but also i would like an explanation on why you voted for yourself bc I saw it and it struck me as u stole mistreils star and wanted us to waste an elimination lol

@BungoTheElf
MY CURRENT MINDSET & BELIEFS/VOTING REASONING:

After using my ability (twice), and mistreils name has continued to be the only one on both Kilza and Karma's, I currently believe she is 100% mafia, since this scenario with my ability has happened twice. If this is the case, the entire thing of Mistreil being framed and having their ability stolen looked like a 'last ditch effort' to save themselves and cause confusion amongst town.

HOWEVER - we discussed the possibility of mafia possibly having a masking ability that framed Mistreil, this still might be the case however I feel as if this would be a one time use only? Otherwise it seems a little OP to have multiple uses - I'm still unsure and it would be nice to hear what other people think!

IN MY OPINION (you do not have to agree), I think we successfully voted out one mafia member (Mistreil), this means there would be 2 mafia members left out of the 6 of us (I think there's 3 mafia total from the start). I totally understand the suspicion around me and people continuing to believe that, therefore if town want to vote me out just in case I support them. I came to this consideration as my ability is completely used up now/useless - the only way I would be able to use it again is if Shell 'recharged' me tonight/night 4, and I would be able to use it night 5 AND stay alive until day 6 to share my information. This is unlikely to happen imo. So I'm genuinely useless ability wise right now LMAO

IF this is the scenario people go by, day 5 will likely result in there being 2 mafia and 2 townies left (as I believe Mistreil was defo mafia, so 2/3 are left) - this is assuming there's not a double night kill by mafia again and just a singular kill, but I suspect this is an ability used up. This might be kinda risky for town, but if it gives them any sort of peace of mind it's an option that I'll support - especially as I'm genuinely useless now - no more sikes LOL
ALSO I get the impression you think I used a boo ability and now I have mistreils star? Ig voting me out will prove that I don't - and will provide credibility to everything I said if I die from a vote elimination

I broke it down for u!

It's more just I'm putting my vote in now to show that I'm open to this option if the rest of town think I'm sus enough lmao

Also no I really did not think tessa was sus enough out of everyone here to get shot LMAOOO IM STILL A LIL SHOCKED

So I just caught up on everything
And I'm so confused rn LOL

I don't think voting rosie off is a good idea, especially because we're so sure that Mistreil was indeed mafia. If there's 2 mafia and 4 town then that would mean that we're in MYLO atm, which is an unfavorable position because if we fail to get mafia, then we'd lose

But if you guys are in doubt of rosie then you guys can follow through with that if you guys want to- Don't recommend tho

Re: Bungo having the one shot shotgun
That sounds pretty reasonable. I've never played mafia so didn't know if villagers could get weapons or be anything but pacifists, but I can understand why you'd keep that one a secret. It lines up with my belief that you were ultimately responsible for the 2nd death tonight (hooray logic!), but puts you on the other side of the fence now (the good side!)
You *could* theoretically have used it to kill Tessa and then make that explanation (being sus of her) to rationalize your being a villager, but between yours and tessa's ability, yours definitely has more direct townie benefits.

Re: Rosie's first post
That sounds fairly reasonable too!

Re: the inclination to believe Mistreil
It was really just a gut feeling. My gut could be wrong, but when I imagined what a mario kart themed game of mafia would look like, their story fit with what I was picturing really well. I make a lot of my conclusions based on what feels the most plausible or what makes the most sense in a given context. Things like Tessa's power likely not being a townie power, and there being no subterfuge or false-evidence abilities in a beginner's mafia game. Trust me that the flip flopping tires me out too 😅 It's me trying to distance myself from those feelings so I can try and get a full view of what's going down.

Also, keep in mind that since day 2, where I tried very hard to keep both myself and shellbell alive so I could be recharged, by downplaying their ability, keeping myself slightly suspicious/'useful' to the mafia, and simultaneously trying to allude to shellbell enough what my ability was so that they would choose to recharge me, without the mafia seeing me as an imminent threat (it was a *very* tricky position, and I didn't play it perfectly as shellbell was too suspicious of me at the end of it), anywho yeah, since day 2, I haven't really been gaming at all. It's all been me trying to make sense of things. And, as I said earlier, now with Rosie confirming that she did not start with an informative ability (assuming that's the truth, that she got one from shellbell), then the only people starting with one by shawo's intent would have been me and Kattea. The mafia don't need information (I think? like, they know who they are and know who the townies are already), and I'm asking now if you all think that we would really be given only *1* (and a possibly weak one unless we get lucky) informative ability in Kattea's. If the townies could only gather information via Kattea's ability, or random powerups from shellbell, this game would be heavily skewed in the mafia's favour. For us to have a shot, I have to be a townie with an informative ability.

Thinking about possible scenarios for the present, and looking at rosie's inclination to let us vote her out, I'm a little nervous that either she does have Mistreil's described star, or worse, Equity's described star (I say described cuz we still can't confirm either of them actually held one). Aside: I'm still running through what's gone down so far to determine if we know for sure Mistreil was a mafia. Tessa did not overturn Mistreil's vote, and we believed Tessa pretty hard to be a mafia (enough for Bungo to shoot her, though Rosie thought Tessa was more likely a townie). It might be as simple as: Tessa didn't use her power the night before, so couldn't overturn the vote. But I don't think it's likely that *both* Tessa and Mistreil were Mafia. They could be, but idk.

One exercise I'd like to do is, if not me, and if not you rosie, who would you believe to be the 2 mafia members? I've been trying to come up with people in pairs and making sense of how the dynamic would've worked, but in your case, I'm the only suspect for the most part (you haven't even really thrown in anyone as plausible seconds, it's just been me, and believing people are innocent relatively off the bat).

It's possible that there's also only 1 mafia member left, and if so, yay us!

In the case it is a 4v2, though, if we vote wrong, or if Rosie has Equity's described star (a kill redirect), then we're in danger of losing tonight because of a poorly thought out vote. Emolga, if there was ever a time to use your power, it would be now. Since your power isn't informative, and you're already alive (you'll be guaranteed to use it to its full effect if you choose to use it tonight, regardless what else happens in the night), can we get the full details surrounding it? I can't imagine why we wouldn't use some sort of protection tonight

Also, Equity, I know there's little reason for your story to have changed at this point given what you've already shared, but thoughts on what's happening right now would be great!

Unlike Rosie, I will not be voting for myself, because I have no plausible protection or powers surrounding death in this game. And as I know I am a townie, if I vote myself out, I'd be playing against my win condition and force us to lose here, on day3. (again, assuming 2 mafia are up. I don't feel there's enough evidence given the strangeness of Mistreil's and Tessa's interactions to assume there's only 1 left just yet)

Last edited:
Thinking about this more,

Rosie explicitly stated that she believes there to be 2 mafia left in the game, and 4 townies.
If she knows she's a townie, and is ok with voting herself out, that would result in townies losing the game then and there (her dying by vote and a mafia kill at night). Her wanting to clear her name while simultaneously losing the game doesn't really make sense, and would go against her win condition if she's a townie.

Ok, so I've been doing a lot of talking (sorry), and tried running through scenarios in my head

if tonight's a 4v2:
vote no one
emolga protects me
i use my ability
no one else uses theirs

someone dies

it’s 3v2
i can see if rosie used her star that night
if she didn’t, we’re good to vote her out
if she did, we have to vote out someone else
[redacted case scenario with a certain 2nd mafia where townies are guaranteed a loss, cuz i don’t want to give anyone any ideas]
if i see that emolga doesn’t use their protection ability and i live, or if i die (implying emolga did not protect me), we vote out emolga instead.
[redacted other scenario with a different 2nd mafia where townies could be confounded and still lose]

someone dies
vote out the other

Thoughts on this plan? I tried running through the scenarios in my head and found two instances where the mafia could counter-plan it and win.

Part of me is hopeful that, if equity is with us, she used her ability so shell can give her a new one tonight, that she can use tomorrow. I can’t think of a scenario atm where townies are guaranteed a win, and even this^ is assuming I’m correct about rosie.

Ok, so I've been doing a lot of talking (sorry), and tried running through scenarios in my head

if tonight's a 4v2:
vote no one
emolga protects me
i use my ability
no one else uses theirs

someone dies

it’s 3v2
i can see if rosie used her star that night
if she didn’t, we’re good to vote her out
if she did, we have to vote out someone else
[redacted case scenario with a certain 2nd mafia where townies are guaranteed a loss, cuz i don’t want to give anyone any ideas]
if i see that emolga doesn’t use their protection ability and i live, or if i die (implying emolga did not protect me), we vote out emolga instead.
[redacted other scenario with a different 2nd mafia where townies could be confounded and still lose]

someone dies
vote out the other

Thoughts on this plan? I tried running through the scenarios in my head and found two instances where the mafia could counter-plan it and win.

Part of me is hopeful that, if equity is with us, she used her ability so shell can give her a new one tonight, that she can use tomorrow. I can’t think of a scenario atm where townies are guaranteed a win, and even this^ is assuming I’m correct about rosie.
I may or may not have used my protection already (last night) 👀
I was kinda waiting to see if the person I used it on got a notice, which it now appears that they most likely didn't

Wow, 2 deaths?! This was completely unexpected! Rip Kattea and thetessagrace 😰 Once again, the only thing I can do is call on an emergency meeting for both of you!

Not using my item

Firstly, I'd like to say that I didn't use my item last night. My reasoning was the following:
  • I was scared I'd be targeting a townie in the event that Squirtle Squad decided to "murder" me.
  • I was betting on the chance of surviving rather than dying such that I wouldn't waste my immunity.
  • I wanted to see if I'd get my star stolen (assuming that a "stealing" ability exists) since Squirtle Squad could have used Mistreil's star scheme to win the game. If I survived and had this item stolen, then it'd confirm Mistreil's situation in which she said her star was stolen and perhaps shed a bit of light on this still nebulous situation... This would have meant that Squirtle Squad would have acquired 2 stars (assuming Mistreil was telling the truth). However, this didn't happen.
What were the results? Nothing happened; I didn't get a pm from shawo. My item didn't get stolen and I didn't receive any new item either.

Impossibility of Stacked Items and Shawo's Wordings on Acquiring Items

It's interesting to know that items couldn't be stacked! I wasn't aware of that... Had I known, perhaps I would have used it in order to acquire a (potentially) different item!

It's also interesting to know that the wording shawo uses when one acquires an item vs. when one acquires an item from someone (shellbell's ability) differs! I'm not sure if this is relevant but I'd still like to dedicate a section to this. If I understood properly, when shellbell uses her ability on a given player, shawo would word things this way:
To clarify your power-up working thing, I received a message along the lines of someone carelessly dropping a box and me picking it up. [emphasis are my own] I don't know if the people who got a power randomly also had "someone" drop it, or if they found it on their own
NIGHT1: During this night (towards the end/start of Day2) - it was worded as coming into the second lap in the pm, I received a pm stating an item box had been thrown at me [emphasis are my own]- this was Shell using her ability this night on me.
whereas when someone just acquires an item without shellbell's help, it's worded this way:
I ALSO GAINED MY ITEM BOX [emphasis are my own] (as originally stated from my role pm at the start) - this one is NOT the recharge from shell.
Mine was worded along the lines of an item box appearing beside me and me taking it to acquire the item (the star). Shawo then went on to describe how the item functions.

Analysis

So I've just finished reading all of your posts. I'll begin with my questions and I'll analyze the situation afterwards.

Inquiries:

I have a question regarding your items @Rosetti, I reread your post a couple of times, but I'm still confused...
  • You mentioned that it's not possible to hold 2 items at once:
From my understanding, we can NOT hold more than one item box at a time.
  • You've also mentioned that you'd only "have access to an item box on night 3/lap 3". As such, you started night 1 without any item.
When receiving our role pms before the game started, my pm stated that my role does not have access to an item box until night 3/lap 3 (we are currently on day4)
  • On night 2, you gained an item (thanks to shellbell's ability). Of which, you also mentioned you "gained an item box". As such, wouldn't this mean you held 2 items at once during 1 night (night 2)? Despite having used your item during night 2, why would shawo give you an item that same night? Were you not supposed to only "have access to an item box until night 3/lap 3" (see quote above)?
    • Does this mean that we'd be able to hold 2 items at once if someone were to give you an item through an ability (shellbell's ability)?
    • Did you perhaps get the days mixed up? Did I miss something here?
Since I might take a while to write my take-away of the situation/analysis, I decided to post this first and then edit my post once I'm done writing! (Note: I decided to make my post more legible by adding headings/colours since my post will be long!)

@BungoTheElf

I broke it down for u!

It's more just I'm putting my vote in now to show that I'm open to this option if the rest of town think I'm sus enough lmao

Also no I really did not think tessa was sus enough out of everyone here to get shot LMAOOO IM STILL A LIL SHOCKED

Ty for that!! And just its my gut ok hopefully I made the right decision!!!

Anyways regarding all that if u are town I see no good reason to want to be voted out so this just feels like reverse psychology to me LOL but the credibility part hmm that's true... still, I rather not have a town member die

and kiko ummm u got a lot of thoughts there... maybe later tonight I will make my list of possible mafia / situations
And assuming the best (mistreil and tessa are maf) then there is only one mafia member left we can do this!!!

and kiko ummm u got a lot of thoughts there... maybe later tonight I will make my list of possible mafia / situations
And assuming the best (mistreil and tessa are maf) then there is only one mafia member left we can do this!!!

tbh I have more now 👀 but I want to wait and see what Equity has to say first

In general, I think our best decision for tonight, even without Emolga's power available (which is a lil questionable), is to vote no one out. I can explain why later today

Incredibly lax this game with rules. Not that I would want you guys to cheat or whatever, but I was hoping simplifying the rules would make it more fun.

Yeah don't react but like if you do react cuz you see a funny meme I won't hurt you.

Back