• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Mafia Baby Mafia - Main thread.

After reading everyone's posts, I understand a lot of where everyone's coming from, i don't really fully agree with a lot because they're just speculation and "if" scenarios but i'll address my concerns.
1. @Equity to clear up rosie's double item/ability - i sent her an item night 1. she recieved it on day 2, and then used it night 2. then she got her own predetermined item on day 3, and used it on night 3. it checks out.
2. if rosie's ability is to be believed, are we certain that a "visit" indicates a squirtle squad killing? it's possible they could kill without having to visit right? idk here because i have no knowledge of how mafia usually works.
3. @Rosetti i still don't understand your voting for yourself. as kiko mentioned, you getting eliminated would be contradicting to the town's win condition.
4. what was your ability @Emolga59 ??? and why did you supposedly use it up? and on who? you are a huge ? to me
5. i feel as though whoever is lying about their ability/usage is squirtle squad. rn i only really trust my own and kikotoot on this and have no idea on how to figure out the liar(s)
6. @kikotoot your logic makes sense on people having certain abilities = whether they're town/mafia, but i think you're forgetting the deceased might have had abilities too
7. @BungoTheElf exactly what was so suss-y about tessa? and i guess i'm directing this to @everyone else being sure that she was squirtle squad... just help me understand here.... im still shocked that bungo just shot her :/
8. i miss mistreil's memes...

4. what was your ability @Emolga59 ??? and why did you supposedly use it up? and on who? you are a huge ? to me
It was protection that was used on lynn, along with ________ for ________ (I'll reveal by the end of this day if I don't get the response I'm seeking)
I used it because after some brain power usage, I managed to realize what the ability was and that she was most likely going to use it on tessa because she (lynn) was quite sus of her (tessa)
I didn't want lynn to die while using it (I'm pretty sure if squirtle squad killed her then her weapon wouldn't end up functioning) And yes I felt this was used when it could've been necessary and useful imo
Post automatically merged:

Idk if lynn got a notif or not because she didn't end up getting killed

I actually am and have been sus of someone for a while now, I'll post who and why a little later

Last edited:
I didn't want lynn to die while using it
Powers and kills happen at the same time. Always. So two effects can happen simultaenously.
so if bungo targeted tessa and was also targeted by squirtle squad. both will happen. i guess you just didn't anticipate lynn using it right away? but i still don't get why you were worried about lynn being targeted last night specifically. but i will wait for the second half of your answer.

so if bungo targeted tessa and was also targeted by squirtle squad. both will happen. i guess you just didn't anticipate lynn using it right away? but i still don't get why you were worried about lynn being targeted last night specifically. but i will wait for the second half of your answer.
I felt that it was highly likely that they figured it out and I personally thought that tessa/squirtle squad would feel threatened (I was almost certain she was squirtle squad.) I doubt they would've waited on it because she could use it at any moment which would then be a threat to them.

Oh- I didn't see that from shawo 😔

Analysis (cont'd)

Analysis/responses:

A)
Something doesn't feel right regarding your action @Rosetti. If you truly are a townie, why would you sacrifice yourself like this? Would it not be more beneficial if we voted "no eliminate" such that only 1 person "dies" during the night? This move (you sacrificing yourself) seems more beneficial to Squirtle Squad rather than the townies. Why wouldn't you want to stay alive in order to help townies uncover who the Squirtle Squad members are? There are 2 possibilities:
  1. Rosetti (townie): Rosetti thinks that since she has used up her items/abilities, she's now useless. As such, voting her off would be the "safest" choice. My perspective: If we read your posts as you being from the Town, then this would mean you were truly sus of Mistreil and was looking out for thetessagrace. You also wanted to give us a different opinion about whether @kikotoot was sus or not. This is understandable because I feel as though every player has some sus elements to them. Assuming we were right in voting Mistreil out (i.e., Mistreil being from Squirtle Squad), then you've actually been the player who has helped us the most. If you truly are a townie, I consider you as one of the pillars of this town. Like @kikotoot mentioned, you could have pushed for a recharge from @shellbell to uncover the "truth" behind Kattea's or thetessagrace's death. However, you chose to vote yourself off.
    the only way I would be able to use it again is if Shell 'recharged' me tonight/night 4, and I would be able to use it night 5 AND stay alive until day 6 to share my information. This is unlikely to happen imo. [emphasis are my own]
    Why would you think it's unlikely before even trying? Since you have nothing to lose now, why not try? Excuse my expression, but voting yourself off seems more like a clumsy townie move.
  2. Rosetti (Squirtle Squad): Rosetti is actually part of Squirtle Squad and has successfully framed Mistreil. Perhaps, she's currently lying about her read (Mistreil visiting both Kilza and IonicKarma) and is trying to solidify herself as a townie by saying she used another item last night. By saying she's "useless" now that she has used up her abilities/items and by voting herself off, she's using the "appeal to pity" tactic.
    1. She's trying to not get herself voted off but is in fact using reverse psychology. She's waiting for the conversation to steer towards a different direction such that we vote to eliminate a townie. Assuming 2 Squirtle Squad members are left, if we were to vote to eliminate a townie and another townie died during the night, Squirtle Squad would win (i.e., 4 players left the following day – 2 Squirtle Squad vs. 2 townies = game over).
      • This scenario seems unlikely, as it's more of a roundabout way of getting what she wants: a townie eliminated through voting. Why not push for someone else to be a prime suspect (of being part of Squirtle Squad) and vote for that person to be eliminated? After all, she seems to have somewhat cleared herself from being that sus by confirming that Mistreil visited both Kilza and IonicKarma. Voting herself off would more than anything jeopardize her position (not be suspected as a Squirtle Squad member).
    2. She's trying to get herself voted off. Assuming Mistreil was truthful about getting her star stolen, Rosetti actually stole Mistreil's star and has in fact used that item last night such that she would be immune to being eliminated. As such, if we vote for Rosetti, she would survive the voting elimination. Coming on to the next day, 1 person would be "killed". We would then end up being 5 players (2 Squirtle Squad vs. 3 townies). Rosetti would be suspected as being part of Squirtle Squad and she would be voted off during that day. On top of the nightly "kill", 3 people would remain (1 Squirtle Squad vs. 2 townies). It would then be a gamble.
      • Unless the only Squirtle Squad member left is highly confident in their argumentative skills (skewing voting towards eliminating the townie), this scenario seems unlikely.
B) In response to this quote: @kikotoot
“it was worded as an item box was thrown/passed to me” ~Rosie

Shellbell confirmed that no notification will be given if someone already has an ability that does not need charging [emphasis are my own], which you said you did. This is inconsistent with Emolga not knowing that they were the one charged on night 2. Granted, people can misread or forget things in the heat of the moment.

I asked you the question because Emolga didn’t come forward and say he was charged when I revealed I wasn’t on night 2. I wanted to see if he would know that they were charged and were withholding the truth. ShellBell came forward to clarify their ability though.

But yeah, according to both of them, you wouldn’t have been told ShellBell charged you night 1^ so tis a lie unless someone is misremembering/misreading
From my understanding, both @kikotoot and @Rosetti were successfully recharged, which meant that @shellbell's ability was successful. Both of you had an "item thrown/passed" to you. Rosetti mentioned she lied about having used up her ability, which would render her useless. @Emolga59 did not know he was recharged on night 2 because he didn't use his ability (or item?) yet, as such, couldn't be recharged. When Rosetti said the following:
is there any reason u targeted me in particular shellbell :0
nothing did indeed happen, I plan for that to stay that way until a few more nights xoxo [emphasis are my own]
aka I am completely useless until endgame LOL
She lied and explained her reasoning in today's post (i.e., something did happen: Rosetti acquired an item).

C) In Response to this quote, @kikotoot
I also did not use my ability on ShellBell, or anyone for that matter, I simply ‘used my ability’.
From my understanding, your ability allows you to know whether or not someone has used their ability on a given night? However, you wouldn't know what their ability entailed. As such, say everyone used their ability on night 1, then you would have been given a report with everyone's name (and perhaps a check mark that everyone used their ability). Coming on to the next day, if someone said they didn't use their ability, you would be able to tell who's lying and who's telling the truth!

D) In response to this quote, @kikotoot
I'm curious if Equity's power could be used on others, and/or if she redirected a kill onto Tessa? There are no other 'killing' abilities we know of, and everyone's claimed an ability except for Bungo at this point
What do you mean by "used on others"? I can only use it to gain immunity on 1 night, i.e., on myself? (myself immune to 1 nightly "kill" – i.e., from Squirtle Squad or townie, but must pick someone to die on my behalf OR myself immune, but no one dies because I was not targeted). In response to the 2nd part of the question, we now know that @BungoTheElf was responsible for thetessagrace's death.

E) In reponse to this quote, @BungoTheElf
I tried describing my item yesterday and no one really said anything about it lol- it was a gun. I'm essentially a 1-shot vig [emphasis are my own] and it's used up now. Again, it's the only ability/item I have and I think that role checks out with a killing role on town side [emphasis are my own] which I believe no one else has claimed to have so it makes sense there'd just be one for town. But I still think I had a good reason to not share it outright, I already said sharing what the item was would probably make me sus and a target
I've reread what this role/ability entailed in the TBT Encyclopedia Maftannica thread, but it says "usually a town-aligned role". It does not state anything about whether the person the vigilante "shot" was actually a townie or a Squirtle Squad member. As such, how can you be sure that thetessagrace was part of Squirtle Squad? Is your ability a guaranteed "shot" towards a Squirtle Squad member? There are 2 possibilities:
  1. BungoTheElf (townie): BungoTheElf is a townie and truly thought that thetessagrace (maybe or maybe not from Squirtle Squad?)was sus enough to "shoot" her.
  2. BungoTheElf (Squirtle Squad): BungoTheElf is a part of Squirtle Squad and decided to "kill" 2 people at once, such that 3 people would be eliminated at once (potentially because 1 of the Squirtle Squad members was eliminated through voting – Mistreil). Note that BungoTheElf voted for thetessagrace to be eliminated. According to the TBT Encyclopedia Maftannica thread, "in very rare instances a maf vigilante is possible."
F) I don't understand why some people have no suspicious whatsoever regarding thetessagrace. Like I've already stated, I feel like everyone has some sus element to them (addressed this in a previous post – see thetassagrace's section). Also, would her veto ability outweight the costs of her inactivity (e.g., say on 1 night we wanted her to use her veto ability and she didn't respond)? However, I'm not excluding the fact that she may have been a townie.

Scenarios:

There are 2 scenarios: (total: 6 players left)
  1. 2 mafia vs. 4 townies
  2. 1 mafia vs. 5 townies
I don't believe that voting against Rosetti would benefit her if she's a townie. Voting for "no eliminate" would be wiser, as we would only have 1 "death". EDIT: My reasoning is that I'm still a bit sus of everyone; I still don't really know who to trust, so I wouldn't currently be able to cast a vote on a particular player. Having said that, if you were to use your ability @kikotoot, the only thing we'd know is whether someone used their ability right? Let's recap here:
Assuming that most of us have single-used abilities, if you were to use your ability, only @shellbell, you (@kikotoot) and I (@Equity, assuming I'll use mine during the night) would appear on the report. If another name pops up, would it mean someone would be lying? However, since most of us have used our abilities (except for me) last night, it's possible that some of us have received new items today right? Do correct me if I'm wrong. As such, how would your ability benefit us @kikotoot? How would you be able to tell if one of us is lying?

1. @Equity to clear up rosie's double item/ability - i sent her an item night 1. she recieved it on day 2, and then used it night 2. then she got her own predetermined item on day 3, and used it on night 3. it checks out.
I see, that's the interpretation I had, but she used lap 3/night 3 a few times in her post, so I started being confused! But again, I get mixed up with the days and nights.

I forgot to mention this, but I don't see why @Rosetti would be lying about Mistreil appearing on her report twice (Kilza and IonicKarma's "death"), which would make her more town-leaning. However, I won't exclude the possibility of her being part Squirtle Squad and this move being part of a larger plan (I can't really think of anything right now though). Although unlikely, it is one of the possibilities.

Last edited:
Analysis (cont'd)

Analysis/responses:

B)
In response to this quote: @kikotoot

From my understanding, both @kikotoot and @Rosetti were successfully recharged, which meant that @shellbell's ability was successful. Both of you had an "item thrown/passed" to you. Rosetti mentioned she lied about having used up her ability, which would render her useless. @Emolga59 did not know he was recharged on night 2 because he didn't use his ability (or item?) yet, as such, couldn't be recharged. When Rosetti said the following:

She lied and explained her reasoning in today's post (i.e., something did happen: Rosetti acquired an item).

C) In Response to this quote, @kikotoot

From my understanding, your ability allows you to know whether or not someone has used their ability on a given night? However, you wouldn't know what their ability entailed. As such, say everyone used their ability on night 1, then you would have been given a report with everyone's name (and perhaps a check mark that everyone used their ability). Coming on to the next day, if someone said they didn't use their ability, you would be able to tell who's lying and who's telling the truth!

D) In response to this quote, @kikotoot

What do you mean by "used on others"? I can only use it to gain immunity on 1 night, i.e., on myself? (myself immune to 1 nightly "kill" – i.e., from Squirtle Squad or townie, but must pick someone to die on my behalf OR myself immune, but no one dies because I was not targeted). In response to the 2nd part of the question, we now know that @BungoTheElf was responsible for thetessagrace's death.

Scenarios:

There are 2 scenarios: (total: 6 players left)
  1. 2 mafia vs. 4 townies
  2. 1 mafia vs. 5 townies
I don't believe that voting against Rosetti would benefit her if she's a townie. Voting for "no eliminate" would be wiser, as we would only have 1 "death". Having said that, if you were to use your ability @kikotoot, the only thing we'd know is whether someone used their ability right? Let's recap here:
Assuming that most of us have single-used abilities, if you were to use your ability, only @shellbell, you (@kikotoot) and I (@Equity, assuming I'll use mine during the night) would appear on the report. If another name pops up, would it mean someone would be lying? However, since most of us have used our abilities (except for me) last night, it's possible that some of us have received new items today right? Do correct me if I'm wrong. As such, how would your ability benefit us @kikotoot? How would you be able to tell if one of us is lying?

I see, that's the interpretation I had, but she used lap 3/night 3 a few times in her post, so I started being confused! But again, I get mixed up with the days and nights.

To those three scenarios I kept in^, yes, exactly! They are my older opinions in many cases (I woke up after the thread locked but still wanted to get my things in today, and I also revised them after Bungo came forward with their ability (even theorising Bungo was responsible for Tessa's death beforehand). I had a bit of a brain fart thinking you could use your ability on anyone, but in any case, it's useful to have it reconfirmed that you can only use it on yourself (rip planning around immunity tho).

My ability would've been most useful if I was allowed to use it tonight, and most of my planning earlier assumed that Emolga had not used their ability yet. At this point in time, my ability would only be able to catch out people who lied about today, or yourself if you end up using your ability tonight (which I don't think any of us are expecting at this point).

Similarly to shellbell, the only person I really wholly trust at this point is... shellbell. They've been the most open and consistent throughout this whole game, and all of their claims have been verified by multiple people (including myself and rosie, who are mildly at odds).

From the sounds of it, Emolga's ability could've had huge potential in planning things out, but they suspected Bungo had a gun, would kill Tessa, believed Tessa was also guilty, and really wanted to protect Bungo's killing of Tessa above all else (though shawo confirmed that Bungo dying wouldn't stop their shot from firing, but Emolga has said they didn't read that part).

Rosie was caught up with the Mistreil drama and has gamed/changed stories infinitely more than I have (I don't think I've ever alluded to having an ability other than my real one, meanwhile they changed their ability story practically every day, and with minimal rationalization as to why), so naturally, they're a point of contention. At the same time, they could just be trying hard similarly to me.

Bungo was keeping things secret for the longest time out of all of us (though did allude to having a weapon), and believed Tessa was the mafia so shot her. Rosie also seemed to want to protect Tessa? so it's possible Bungo and Rosie aren't working together, or that was planned so we would think they're separate.

With you Equity, your questioning of Mistreil alluded to the power you ended up describing for yourself, which seemed legit, but also I'm just scared if you're a mafia with that power 😅. If you are a mafia, there's a scenario where you're guaranteed a win in the case it's 4v2, and that frightens me.

My power at this point, is only really useful depending on a lot of ifs: *if* rosie in fact has a star, *if* either equity or emolga is with the mafia and not being completely honest, *if* something totally unexpected goes down.

On the upside, if I die, it means I would've been able to reveal one of those things the next day and they felt threatened^ but they've kept me alive for this long, so who knows (rip Bungo nearly shooting me though). Really, I don't know who'll be killed tonight.

NB: I’m eating dinner, but I’ll try to reply ASAP!

E) In reponse to this quote, @BungoTheElf

I've reread what this role/ability entailed in the TBT Encyclopedia Maftannica thread, but it says "usually a town-aligned role". It does not state anything about whether the person the vigilante "shot" was actually a townie or a Squirtle Squad member. As such, how can you be sure that thetessagrace was part of Squirtle Squad? Is your ability a guaranteed "shot" towards a Squirtle Squad member? There are 2 possibilities:
  1. BungoTheElf (townie): BungoTheElf is a townie and truly thought that thetessagrace (maybe or maybe not from Squirtle Squad?)was sus enough to "shoot" her.
  2. BungoTheElf (Squirtle Squad): BungoTheElf is a part of Squirtle Squad and decided to "kill" 2 people at once, such that 3 people would be eliminated at once (potentially because 1 of the Squirtle Squad members was eliminated through voting – Mistreil). Note that BungoTheElf voted for thetessagrace to be eliminated. According to the TBT Encyclopedia Maftannica thread, "in very rare instances a maf vigilante is possible."

This game is weird, usually after someone is killed the day/night post just says it, I was honestly hoping even with mistreil's death because she was our first elimination maybe we'd get her alignment and role but nope and just nothing for tessa even though I shot her. example: click I would this say is pretty standard of what day/night death posts look like. I can't say I'm a fan of this format shawo.

So no I can't guarantee that tessa was scum and no my ability isn't a guarantee scum shot - it's just a gun and I could shoot whoever I wanted with it.

The first possibility is correct. I say I'm basically the town's 1-shot vig because yes it's usually a town role and I don't think shawo would give the ability to kill mid-game to mafia on top of their kp, and like I said already, it just makes sense that town has some sort of killing power to balance things out.

F) I don't understand why some people have no suspicious whatsoever regarding thetessagrace. Like I've already stated, I feel like everyone has some sus element to them (addressed this in a previous post – see thetassagrace's section). Also, would her veto ability outweight the costs of her inactivity (e.g., say on 1 night we wanted her to use her veto ability and she didn't respond)? However, I'm not excluding the fact that she may have been a townie.

THIS??????? @shellbell pretty much like I said before equity's post sums it up pretty well and probably better than I can, if it helps you to know I was going to shoot kiko at first. I'm sorry this is really lazy but a lot of it was in my gut telling me i'd regret NOT shooting her (I read obs chat in her old game of people who were sus of her and ended up dying and they were kicking themselves for not pushing on her sooner) and although rosie said that tessa would probably get voted out, I wasn't confident that I could convince you all because of how quickly a lot of you were just like "oh she's defeated townie rn". It was a lot less solid evidence and moreso that her behavior and activity was suspicious to me... also yeah her ability is really weird if it was a town one because you'd have to be really confident everyone was wrong and u were right or that mafia would have to be stacked up against you... which I'm pretty sure the game would be over then.

I'm sorry I don't have a lot but basically she was sus to me so I shot her. I was really torn between kiko and her (kiko is very confusing, rosie's post had me convinced). I wish this game told us roles and alignments but because we aren't given that information after death I can't prove that indefinitely she is scum, if we were told that this would be a lot easier to rationalize 😔

also I just realized this... I knew it sounded familiar...

well, looks like it's my time to go. i am just a memory. the memory of someone who once wanted to do the right thing. someone who, in another time, might have even been... a friend?

this is an undertale reference... on a genocide run (you kill everyone in the game) of the game a character in the game tells you as you fight them to their death:

"Listen.
I know you didn't answer me before, but. . .
Somewhere in there. I can feel it.
There's a glimmer of a good person inside of you.
The memory of someone who once wanted to do the right thing.
Someone who, in another time, might have even been. . .
A friend?"

hers is paraphrased in a way that it's from the player's perspective rather than this character being fought. so unless she just wanted to have a funny reference and didn't realize it makes her sound like a murderer... yeah this is pretty solid on she's mafia if she's going to say this from the perspective of a character that goes on a mass genocide LMAO

like literally why not "GAME OVER Stay determined." or anything hopeful. I think she used her last post to allude to her character since we were supposed to rp. which is not a "good character" as I said you commit genocide, I don't want to say the character's name outright because shawo wants us to guess them.

My ability would've been most useful if I was allowed to use it tonight, and most of my planning earlier assumed that Emolga had not used their ability yet. At this point in time, my ability would only be able to catch out people who lied about today, or yourself if you end up using your ability tonight (which I don't think any of us are expecting at this point). [emphasis are my own]
In response to this comment, like I've mentioned in my previous, had I known that items weren't stack-able, I would have made a different decision. Perhaps it sounds like an excuses, but I wasn't aware that it was possible to receive another item after having used one item. I thought we'd only be able to obtain 1 item per game, but it's also my fault for not asking shawo. In all honesty, that possibility (of gaining more items) never occurred to me, so I was mind-blown when I read what @Rosetti had written. 😅

If you were in my position and you also thought the item was a one-time-deal (not being able to ever get any more items). Would you have used it right away or last night? The logic would be
  1. Use it because you think someone will target you, but you may "kill" an innocent townie. Reasoning: I would be able to bring more to the game than the (potentially) innocent townie I just "sacrificed".
  2. Save it because you're scared you'll kill an innocent townie. Reasoning: the less death you can avoid, the better (i.e., my reasoning).
I'm not the type to want to "kill" someone unless I would be pretty sure they're from Squirtle Squad. (Like @BungoTheElf, I was also a bit sus of you @kikotoot (I detailed it in a previous post), so I would have targeted you, but I decided to wait it out.) Also important to note that, there may have been a possibility of me not being the target of Squirtle Squad. As such, I would have been immune for the night; no one would have been "killed" due to my decision. However, I wouldn't have had the immunity anymore, leaving myself vulnerable. Thinking about it, I would have been vulnerable either way. Whether I choose to use it or not, other players may suspect me of being part of Squirtle Squad for not using it OR if I use it and I'm immune for the night, I'd be vulnerable to a "kill" the following night(s), which I understand. But I hope others would also understand my choice of not using my item.

With you Equity, your questioning of Mistreil alluded to the power you ended up describing for yourself, which seemed legit, but also I'm just scared if you're a mafia with that power 😅. If you are a mafia, there's a scenario where you're guaranteed a win in the case it's 4v2, and that frightens me. [emphasis are my own]
I understand your perspective. For instance, I may not have sounded as "friendly/open" as, say, Kattea or @shellbell. I believe that friendliness and openness would lead one to believe that they're more town-leaning (or at least influence people's opinion). However, I didn't want to disclose having an item because I had a strategy in mind: playing aggressively to lure out Squirtle Squad members, and then I would use it. As you would know, this strategy didn't work out, as there was a change of events and I ended up disclosing my item. I think you'd understand my reasoning for not having said much about my item, as you haven't fully disclosed yours either (as a matter of fact, @Emolga59 hasn't fully detailed his ability either (but mentioned he used it); @Rosetti has detailed hers, but I only understood that she could only know who visited the "dead" people she investigates – I didn't go back to her previous post to see if she gave further details). I'd also like to point out that I fully described how my item functioned to be as transparent as possible.

I'd like to requote myself. I'm referring my reply to Mistreil after I was accused of potentially being part of Squirtle Squad:
I'm with @Kattea about the possibility of having similar abilities (seeing her situation with Rosetti).

i dont have anything to add to my star. yall asked for the details on mine, and i gave what i had

reading equity's i'm just... why is your star so much more violent than mine. we could have similar but different items but i... dont know? i dont think shawo would do that

you say my star is op but getting defense on a night and redirecting the kill to someone else feels a lot stronger than mine? which is just it lets me live for a cycle

im also mildly suspicious because you only revealed you have a star after me and after probing what mine can/cant do (and picking the opposige) -- i can understand why but its also... i dont know
However, I understand why @Mistreil would be sus of me now that I've mentioned my ability afterwards. The reason I did that was to not receive a biased answer based on what I would have written (say I disclosed my ability before you had explained yours).

Yes, from a Squirtle Squad perspective, this ability seems to have a conniving function: collaborating with Squirtle Squad teammates in order to gain townie's sympathy through this ability. If I were part of Squirtle Squad, why would I put myself at risk by disclosing this information after you and by twisting the facts? I could have simply said that I received a similar ability to yours (non-violent). This would have made me seem less of a threat compared to the information I've disclosed about the function of my star (playing it low would be a safer option).

Also, would it not have been smarter of me to disclose my ability before prying more into yours, as to seem less suspicious? That way, I could have gained traction on my credibility while damaging yours. I'm not saying that I don't believe that you had a star; however, it's a little weird/sus how a same item could work differently.

its also very convenient that your star can pick who dies -- if youre part of the squirtle squad you could just say you picked someone as your star target and that the Real Squirtle Squad tried to target you to prove your innocence

While this is a valid reasoning, why would jeopardize myself like this? From a Squirtle Squad perspective, someone could have easily pointed that [the star scheme @Mistreil just described] out (in this case, you did) after I had disclosed of my ability, which would then get me on the sus list. If I were a Squirtle Squad member, wouldn't claiming an entirely different ability from yours or claiming that I have the same ability as yours make more sense? Detailing the differences/similarities of my ability like I did earlier would put myself at risk of being sussed by others, which would be unfavourable from a Squirtle Squad perspective.

On the other hand, from a townie's perspective, this ability is pretty risky given that I'm not able to ascertain who's actually a townie/Squirtle Squad. Therefore, by using it carelessly, I may end up targeting an innocent townie, hence I didn't use it last night. This is also why I wanted to disclose my ability today in case I get "murdered" during the night. I would have at least disclosed some kind of (potentially useful) information to the townies.
I hope this is relevant enough to defend myself!

Last edited:
This game is weird, usually after someone is killed the day/night post just says it, I was honestly hoping even with mistreil's death because she was our first elimination maybe we'd get her alignment and role but nope and just nothing for tessa even though I shot her. example: click I would this say is pretty standard of what day/night death posts look like. I can't say I'm a fan of this format shawo.

So no I can't guarantee that tessa was scum and no my ability isn't a guarantee scum shot - it's just a gun and I could shoot whoever I wanted with it.

The first possibility is correct. I say I'm basically the town's 1-shot vig because yes it's usually a town role and I don't think shawo would give the ability to kill mid-game to mafia on top of their kp, and like I said already, it just makes sense that town has some sort of killing power to balance things out.
Side note: I've also looked at that mafia game, and I saw that when someone is voted out, the host would announce what that player's role was! I find it unfortunate that it's not the case in this game – which I thought was supposed to be baby level. 😅 I understand that part of the fun is to guess which character each player was roleplaying; however, I don't understand why we're unable to receive an announcement about whether they were town- or Squirtle Squad-aligned. After all, working through elimination would greatly help beginners!

I see, I understand your ability now! So, you'd basically have to follow your instinct (just like my item) and hope that you landed on a Squirtle Squad member! Following that reasoning, we can't be certain that thetessagrace was actually part of Squirtle Squad or not.

Your reasoning that shawo wouldn't give an extra "kill power" to Squirtle Squad sounds fair though! It would certainly be too OP and the game would just be unbalanced!

My suspicions on thetessagrace still holds (all the more after having read your post).

this is an undertale reference... on a genocide run (you kill everyone in the game) of the game a character in the game tells you as you fight them to their death:
I've heard of the game but have never played it, so I wasn't able to catch the reference. However, now that you've pointed that out, it's interesting to note who she might have been roleplaying. If what you said holds true, then I believe shawo would give the Squirtle Squad members roles that are "villain(ess)-like", which if she was roleplaying a character from a "genocide run", it may very well be that she's part of Squirtle Squad. (Although, technically, she most likely wasn't supposed to be hinting that after her "death".)

But the question now is... can we rely on our suspicions of thetessagrace to say with certainty that 2 Squirtle Squad members have been "eliminated"? Is the majority agreeing with @Rosetti's claim that Mistreil was part of Squirtle Squad?

Oh yes! (re your last post equity where you quoted me) I hope my quote there wasn't taken as antagonizing your decisions thus far or anything, I meant it more like, at present, I kinda see myself as the biggest target for tonight with my ability up, so there would be little reason for you to use yours, unless you had a fear of being killed still. Or if we decided that you would use your ability tonight and shellbell would recharge you with a new one. Kinda on this note, does your star protect against votes like Mistreil's? or just mafia kills. My comments from the past few hours assumed yours protected you from vote-death as well (but I know earlier I justified your innocence with how your star only protected from mafia-death).

I do want to point out that I was the first person who brought up Tessa as a suspect yesterday* I did end up going with the defeated villager bit, but that was cuz I felt closely aligned with Kattea while she was alive, and Kattea described her in that way. Seeing as 3 out of the 6 of us have explicitly voiced a strong suspicion of me, I really want to explain the reasons you have to be suspicious, and how they're disproven (keeping in mind, I've been trying for days now to justify myself with various examples, while other people have been largely just accepted).

The main reasons people grew suspicious of me were how I gamed on day 2 (*hopefully* I've been clear enough what my goals were, and my actions reflected that adequately), and my using my ability on night 1 vs waiting. Correct me if I'm wrong, but these are the two reasons people bring up when discussing the origins of my suspiciousness. I won't even bring up how often other players have changed their stances or withheld truths for longer than I have (I'll just allude to that here, cuz I think a lot of why people sus me is cuz of how I actively try and problem solve things out with hypotheticals, vs sussing me based on evidence that actually exists in game)

here is my response to the 2nd piece of 'sus evidence' (as I've discussed in numerous other posts already my rationale for acting the way I did on day 2):

In the beginning of the game, I thought only townsfolk would get abilities. I thought that by virtue of being a mafia, your ability was the act of killing someone each night. We also discussed, and largely agreed on all using our abilities night 1 to find out as much as possible. I didn't use my ability because I wanted to partake in a "communal ability party", but because I thought a lot of abilities would be used alongside mine.

why is this relevant? Picture a game of mario kart with you and your friends on the couch, playing on the same TV. You play in split screen, right? I have the ability to "look at the screen", effectively, and see everyone who used an ability on a given night. At the time, I thought I'd be able to go "X, Y, Z, A, B, C are all innocent!" having seen them use abilities, believing you have to be a townie to get one. Only Shellbell used their ability, though, which I confirmed. I also knew that Kattea did not use her ability night 1. My ability is untargeted. I get to see *everyone* who uses an ability. Naturally, I was excited at the prospects of producing such a large lists of innocents so early in the game. (This was pre-typed from earlier today. You can see that your guess is correct Equity).

If there's any other reason to doubt me at this point, please let me know. I think my death-by-mafia is already set in stone with emolga not being able to protect me (mildly sus) and me being the last informative-ability-user alive. I backed up my rationale for wondering about others with evidence and scenarios that could be dangerous for us. Forgive me for being blunt, but do there really exist, reasonably plausible scenarios in which I'm the most dangerous player? does there exist evidence that contradicts what I've shared matter of factly? (again, outside of my hypotheticals as I try to 'sus out' the situation) Outside of the fact that I try and actively move the game forward, I struggle to see why I would be both Bungo and Equity's number 1 target. I can see why I wouldn't be wholly trusted ofc, as I maintain that I only really trust shellbell at this moment, but I rationalized why and how each other person could plausibly be dangerous or twisting the truth.

Going a bit deeper into Emolga protecting Bungo now

Emolga claimed to have a strong protection power with some sort of secondary effect (still unknown, and the only unknown ability bit in the game atm). Emolga suspected that Bungo had a power that could kill, suspected that Bungo would use that power to kill Tessa, and also suspected that Tessa was a mafia, and wanted to ensure this series of events.

In my opinion, Kattea was the most likely death of last night.

She was the only generally trusted townie remaining with an informative ability (so was a threat to the mafi in 2 ways: could provide townies with info, and was basically immune to being voted out). Emolga judged protecting Bungo's likely killing of a likely mafia over protecting the last, widely trusted informant, who the mafia would almost certainly target. You might ask "you claim to have an informative ability too kikotoot, why weren't you at the same risk of being killed like Kattea?" I did feel a little at risk, but assuming Rosie is a part of the mafia, she would have known from experience that abilities can't be used the same night you receive them, and would've known that she can wait on killing me, taking Kattea instead, knowing I'd be useless today. Additionally, I'm clearly already sus to the townfolk, so can be killed by vote-out.

Now regarding the Mistreil question in your last post Equity:

I honestly don't know who to believe on that one still.

I think we really just have to run scenarios with what we know and make a gameplan. I can't be protected tonight, but I will be using my ability 100%, and if I live, I'll be sharing whatever I find. That much is a guarantee. Hopefully something comes up, but I honestly don't know how I feel about the state of the game.

(I do feel like the ambiguities with how certain things worked kinda messed with us, cuz we had to validate those claims on top of regular game ones)

It was protection that was used on lynn, along with ________ for ________ (I'll reveal by the end of this day if I don't get the response I'm seeking)
I used it because after some brain power usage, I managed to realize what the ability was and that she was most likely going to use it on tessa because she (lynn) was quite sus of her (tessa)
I didn't want lynn to die while using it (I'm pretty sure if squirtle squad killed her then her weapon wouldn't end up functioning) And yes I felt this was used when it could've been necessary and useful imo
@Emolga59, would you be able to detail your reasoning as to how you found out about @BungoTheElf's ability? Maybe you have more experience than me in social deduction games, but I reread her post (hinting her ability) a couple of times and I couldn't understand what she was alluding to... In no way did I think she acquired a weapon! I thought you were the one who had a weapon, @Emolga59? So, I didn't think it'd be possible for 2 players to have a weapon. But again, Mistreil and I seemed to have possessed a similar item! Unless you were going to in your end-of-the-day post!

So from my understanding, out of all the players, you deemed @BungoTheElf' as the most valuable player to protect because you were able to figure out what her ability was?
EDIT: After having briefly read @kikotoot's post, I have a follow-up question: how did you weigh the costs/benefits of Kattea (informative role) potentially being eliminated (which happened last night)? She could have shed light on living people if @shellbell did recharge her (though shellbell chose kikotoot instead)! Although I feel like Kattea's ability was more useful, she's "gone" now. 😅

In an ideal world AND assuming that we didn't know about what @kikotoot had said (once recharged, you cannot use it the same night but must wait for the following night), the scenario could have been the following: @shellbell recharged Kattea last night AND simultaneously, @Emolga59 protected Kattea last night. Kattea would be alive today, and Kattea would have used her ability during the night. This scenario wouldn't have protected her from being "killed" the following night, but I feel like none of townies are a step ahead of Squirtle Squad.

Last edited:
But the question now is... can we rely on our suspicions of thetessagrace to say with certainty that 2 Squirtle Squad members have been "eliminated"? Is the majority agreeing with @Rosetti's claim that Mistreil was part of Squirtle Squad?
I honestly think tessa and mistreil were both squirtles, rosie managed to find homes with not one, but two trackings of Mistreil and tessa was just... you know
Extremely sussy LOL

@Emolga59, would you be able to detail your reasoning as to how you found out about @BungoTheElf's ability? Maybe you have more experience than me in social deduction games, but I reread her post (hinting her ability) a couple of times and I couldn't understand what she was alluding to... In no way did I think she acquired a weapon! I thought you were the one who had a weapon, @Emolga59? So, I didn't think it'd be possible for 2 players to have a weapon. But again, Mistreil and I seemed to have possessed a similar item! Unless you were going to in your end-of-the-day post!

So from my understanding, out of all the players, you deemed @BungoTheElf' as the most valuable player to protect because you were able to figure out what her ability was?

I appreciate your line of questioning 🕵️‍♂️ that's something you've been very good at in the game and is part of why I'm inclined to believe your the next most innocent after shellbell

you're*

oopsie

I'm gonna try and picture a world where rosie is innocent and see how things work out with 1 or 2 mafia left
🧘‍♂️

Also, I posted basically at the same time but a bit before both you and Emolga, Equity, if you guys passed over it. I tried to clear a few things up

"BECAUSE of what it is i was scared you'd think i was maf"
"Now i realize the game would really be towards their favor if they had it and could win somewhat easily??? I think"
"Im hesitant to use it tbh and might save it for after night if we can gather more info"
These three lines made me realize that she can shoot and that she'd gun (hehehehe, ok bad pun LOL) for tessa once I looked back at it again
Especially, the first line because aside from being able to kill/shoot, what other ability would make you seem like maf?
To further support this, mafia could benefit a lot from an extra nightkill considering we're this late into the game. Also, gathering more info would help her correctly pick a squirtle, so it all adds up.
Mine's kinda like a weapon (depending on what ends up happening for the remaining day 👀) but it can't kill, it can certainly toy with the squirtle squads plans tho
Not because of me being able to figure out her ability, but more so because of the fact that if mafia got her ability, we could lose the game completely! (And the things I'm pretty sure I sent earlier today)

I also like your logic a lot there^ you seem pretty good with that to me despite my earlier message regarding protecting kattea

These three lines made me realize that she can shoot and that she'd gun (hehehehe, ok bad pun LOL) for tessa once I looked back at it again
Especially, the first line because aside from being able to kill/shoot, what other ability would make you seem like maf?
Okay, I see where you're coming from now! I honestly couldn't grasp what she was saying, but kudos to you who had figured it out! "Killing/shooting" someone would indeed seem Squirtle Squad-like. I can't answer your question because I had nothing in mind; I just couldn't see what ability she might have had. 😅

To further support this, mafia could benefit a lot from an extra nightkill considering we're this late into the game. Also, gathering more info would help her correctly pick a squirtle, so it all adds up.
[...]
Not because of me being able to figure out her ability, but more so because of the fact that if mafia got her ability, we could lose the game completely! (And the things I'm pretty sure I sent earlier today) [emphasis are my own]
On a slightly different note, it seems like no item was stolen last night? So, either Mistreil was lying about having her star stolen (Squirtle Squad tactic to confuse us, as someone mentioned it) OR it was a 1-time ability, but we still don't know who's in possession of that said star. If I understand things correctly, you protected her based on your concern of Squirtle Squad stealing her ability OR of them "killing" her?

On a slightly different note, it seems like no item was stolen last night? So, either Mistreil was lying about having her star stolen (Squirtle Squad tactic to confuse us, as someone mentioned it) OR it was a 1-time ability, but we still don't know who's in possession of that said star. If I understand things correctly, you protected her based on your concern of Squirtle Squad stealing her ability OR of them "killing" her?
Yes

Actually, to be honest I was thinking that it could be possible that it was an ability that belonged to the squirtle squad, but Mistreil flipped the script and said that something was stolen from her. Originally, I had decided that this wasn't possible until I realized that maybe that was an item that she'd gotten that day. My reason for thinking this was because she was quite specific and seemed to know quite a bit about that ability looking back on it, a bit too much in my eyes. Also to support my thought, the abilities are named after items and the boo fits the description of stealing and using perfectly. The immunity that she mentioned, would also make sense for boo since it's a ghost. (Yeah, as you can see I did a lot of stretching for this LMAO.)
And yes, it's also possible that Mistreil was lying completely. However, unless if she spent countless hours thinking of that lie I don't think it would've ended up being that detailed if she were to lie. Therefore, I think it was a combo of lying and switching roles to deceive us.

I'm too lazy to add it into the paragraph above but, she/the squirtles could've also stolen the ability of kilza (which is not likely, considering he died very quickly) or karma.

Thank you for listening to my Ted talk.

Im going to make this quick because i have a splintering headache from playing salmon run which was a mistake but i have a cute shirt now

If I had to vote it would either be kiko or no vote? atm

I think you make good points kiko but I agree with the others with other previous things said and I'm still not sure of your ability completely unless u said it?? I just know we were like so you're detective but u said no.. but also if you are maf it would be easy to be like yeah shells safe
IDK my head hurts but theress a lil sus in my head, I may reread your posts that adress other peoples comments later

EDIT: kiko i kinda skimmed your spoiler so lemme read that SORRY

Thank you emolga for protecting me and for uncoding my message LOL I was hoping someone would get it at least and I'm sorry if it was hard to understand but yeah I think u guys can see now why I didn't wanna just straight up say yeah its a glock because if the boo ability thing is real then they'd probably wanna use it on me and steal it for a kill

and I think u guys got all ur answers from me but if there's anything else lmk?

Back